HipValley's Round 3 - Page 22

Thread: HipValley's Round 3

@hipvalley please don"t disappear again ! You brought me out of DEEP lurker mode !

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steviegirl View Post
    @hipvalley please don"t disappear again ! You brought me out of DEEP lurker mode !
    Aww! Good to know I’ve inspired you. I don’t intentionally drift, it’s just life gets hectic, If you ever need me I’m only an inbox away... 👋

So this month has been a wash! Lazy lightening doesn’t work for me. I gained and lost progress so much that I’m exactly where I left off in October. At least I’m well exfoliated...

Last night I took an LA bath and did my KIT. I’m ready for December. Me and G&G are going to get it in!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hipvalley View Post
    So this month has been a wash! Lazy lightening doesn’t work for me. I gained and lost progress so much that I’m exactly where I left off in October. At least I’m well exfoliated...

Last night I took an LA bath and did my KIT. I’m ready for December. Me and G&G are going to get it in!!
    "Me and G&G are going to get it in!!" bahahahha

Face/Neck:

Kicking off December with a peel!! Face and neck only, and I’m using the 10% on my face and 5% on my neck. Usually 3 applications x 2 consecutive nights is enough to get a great overall peel on. Once I see the skin start to lift I stop applying. That’s a great way to avoid PIH.

This go around I have a few spots I need to be out of my life...

During peel time I do not use soap on my face. I only wet the washcloth in hot water, wring it out then lay it on my face and let the steam from the washcloth do its thing. Then I pat all over my face lightly until the heat starts to cool, and the. remove the washcloth. I do this a lot when I’m peeling because the steam helps to hydrate my skin and keep it from feeling too tight.

Body:

Our skin helps us breathe. I don’t do all over body peels for that reason. Instead I exfoliate the rest of my body while my face is peeling and do a HQ+KA combination - usually a light HQ oil and a Kojic acid lotion. The lightening is usually slow, BUT I will tell you my magic secret...

Heat is our lightening friend. I discovered this by accident. Buy yourself one of those $25 heating blankets. Do your normal body application stuff and let it absorb into your skin - give it 10-15 minutes. Then turn on your heating blanket to a temperature that makes you comfortable and get under it. By morning you’ll be extra glowy AND you may even catch a full shade jump. Depending on the strength of your products.

Yes, you can do it as often as you like.
    No, you will not go from Lupita to JLo in a week.

If you try it, let me know how it works for you!

UPDATE *** So, all day I've been waiting for this amazing peeling to kick in, and no such luck. If I had held my breath I would've died. So I applied another layer of YPO around the perimeter of my face - which seems to be the harder to peel area. Although, my neck hasn't budged much either which is very very strange. I think its a potency issue. My face is tight but not like it usually gets during a peel. The face-fire has started on the areas that did peel and I'm soothing that with white shea butter.

If this last application doesn't work, I'm going to order a new bottle and start over in 3 weeks. I've learned my lesson 10x over about causing PIH while trying to do entirely too much in a short time frame. I'll let my face heal and just try to keep it lightly exfoliated until I can try the peel again. My face is even darker than it was when I took my starting photo - ME NO LIKEY! I'm also wondering if maybe my skin has changed. I haven't peeled in about a year so maybe all that skin building has made it a little tougher for the YPO to get through and so its taking longer. I may never know why this peel didn't go so smoothly but I'm in no rush to shade jump - its ok. I'm in good spirits and I'm already on to Plan B.

As for the rest of me, I'm exfoliating on my "4th days". I probably need to do something to catch a shade but I don't want my body to get too far ahead of my face. I'm really self-conscious about that. It just looks really weird when your face is NC50 and your body is NW45. I was looking at some photos from the last time I lightened and I couldn't believe I got to NW43. I was well on my way to the next shade up when I fell off the wagon. Yeah, I'm gonna try not to do that again. Consistency is Queen!

Anyway, my 88%LA arrived today and I can't wait to soak! I also got a new big jar of Carowhite which cost me $9 US. The expiration date is 2020 so I'm set to go with this one. I was thinking to add the LA into the Carowhite but I don't want to ruin a whole container in case I decide to use the Carowhite on its own. Typically I don't mix products. I layer them. Usually with a KA or LA product closest to my skin then HQ or whatever the next product is. I most likely won't change how I've been doing it. My KA product will be G&G. My body serum is going to be the Fair & White Brightening Serum (I love that stuff!). The Caro goes on top of that.

Every now and then I like to do Carotein and Amlactin together. I accidentally used the Carotein instead of Carowhite one day and the results were amazing! The drawback is the smell. UGH... Its not easy on the nose but MAN does it work. And it works even better if you occlude with a sauna suit. I mostly use this combo in the Fall/Winter months because I'm wearing more clothes during the day and staying covered up. I've found the best success when the application areas are completely away from sun.

More on my regimen and stuff later. That's more than my brain can handle right now.

Good evening !! How do u please use the Carotein . Bought it yesterday with Amlactin but its very thick.. i layered it with Amlactin .. do u mix it with something ? Or should i mix some LA or Carotein/ IKB serum inside?
    Thanks!!
    On a JOurney to a => Faiir - Flawless - GlOwiing & Pimplefree SKiin

Are you still here @hipvalley
    Beauties are fair and slim.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPH View Post
    Are you still here @hipvalley
    Yep. I’m here. Spring is around the corner and it’s time to get my peels on!!!

Going to start a 2019 Spring Ready challenge in the next day or so for Jan 1 to March 30

Yep. I’m here. Spring is around the corner and it’s time to get my peels on!!!

Going to start a 2019 Spring Ready challenge in the next day or so for Jan 1 to March 30
    Can't wait for that @hipvalley . Please, do that ASAP to motivate us. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner SCT View Post
    Can't wait for that @hipvalley. Please, do that ASAP to motivate us. Thanks in advance
    I know that a lot of people here add gel tube to their lightening mix, but I recently learned that it is not recommended at all because it gives stretch marks and green veins. I have no doubt that only a safe lightening is promoted here on Skin care talk but I am little bit confused with this info. What you guys think about adding gel? Is it safe? @hipvalley , please what is your thought about this? everybody is welcome to give his or her viewpoint

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements