HipValley's Round 3 - Page 30
Page 30 of 30 First 20 29 30

Thread: HipValley's Round 3

Update ***

Most of my face has peeled except for both sides near the jawline. Everything is looking good!! Last night I did an LA bath with some epsom salt (need to order more LA ASAP), soaked for about 30 minutes then used my blue KIT glove that I forgot I had. The tub looked like I bathed a monster truck but Honey Chile!!! My skin is bomb right now. Use the FW Brightening Serum from Chevy to feet and then used the FW AHA lotion about an hour after that. I’m glowy and soft.

I think I’m going to start working on my face lightening tomorrow night. I’ll give my skin another day of rest and sunscreen and then I’ll go over my notes (past threads & posts) to see what worked best.

PJ Alert***
    I’ve been using the Tumeric and rice soap and I really like it. It smells good and I feel like it brightens me. It also helps with exfoliation. The lather is boss too

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

This is the soap...

Asantee*Turmeric & Rice Milk with Honey Soap
    Anti-Acne, Wrinkles Aging, Provides essential to the skin

* Turmeric*is an excellent exfoliating agent and can help you defeat the signs of aging. On the skin can increase skin's radiance and decrease inflammation that may contribute to conditions such as psoriasis and acne. Ginger is an antioxidant, which means it inhibits harmful free radicals that cause skin damage and aging.

* Rice Milk
    Delays signs of skin aging:*Rice*milk soap delays signs of skin aging due to its high content of alpha-hydroxy acids such as lactic acid. Alpha-hydroxy acids break down dead skin cell bonds, removing dead skin cells from the skin's surface and leaving behind new cells on the surface that appear smoother and more youthful.

Anti-inflammatory properties:*Rice*milk reduces skin inflammation due to its fat molecule content. The cream present in rice milk is a moisturizer, soothing dry and damaged skin, possessing an anti-inflammatory effect.

Loaded with essentials:*Rice milk is packed full of essential nutrients and vitamins like vitamin D, C, B1, B6, B12, and E, that feed the skin and are absorbed into the body.
    Treats acne: Studies now show that goat's milk is effective for treating acne and skin conditions. This is primarily because rice milk has anti-bacterial properties that delay the growth of microbial organisms that spur the spread of acne.

* Honey*makes a great exfoliant. It contains mild alpha hydroxy acids, such as gluconic acid. These acids are very safe to use on skin and can loosen bonds between the dead skin cells, making it easier to shed this dead layer. These acids also increase elasticity, balance out oily skin, stimulate collagen production, and minimize lines and wrinkles, making you look younger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hipvalley; 05-02-2019 at 01:14 PM.

I AM PISSED!!!

So this morning my face was looking “normal”... I washed my face with the Tumeric & Rice soap. Then I applied the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Defense ($29, 3% TiO2 + 12% ZO2), I let it sink in for about 20 minutes - no white cast - then I applied my makeup. Everything looked good. No direct sun and I was inside with no windows from noon until well past sundown. The only potential exposure was during the one hour drive time.

When I took off my makeup - Dove on a microfiber cloth - I’m friggin darker!!! WTH??

This does not make sense. Unless my skin is going to peel again, I shouldn’t be in a dark phase now. @gymrat @TRIUMPH HELP!!

So tonight I just put on a vitamin c serum and some A&D, but I’m confused and shocked at this madness. Y’all know I’m no newbie to lightening and this has only happened before with sun exposure when I did not SAP. Any ideas what happened???? I’ll try to post a photo but the darkness is a 2 shade difference!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hipvalley View Post
    I AM PISSED!!!

So this morning my face was looking “normal”... I washed my face with the Tumeric & Rice soap. Then I applied the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Defense ($29, 3% TiO2 + 12% ZO2), I let it sink in for about 20 minutes - no white cast - then I applied my makeup. Everything looked good. No direct sun and I was inside with no windows from noon until well past sundown. The only potential exposure was during the one hour drive time.

When I took off my makeup - Dove on a microfiber cloth - I’m friggin darker!!! WTH??

This does not make sense. Unless my skin is going to peel again, I shouldn’t be in a dark phase now. @gymrat @TRIUMPH HELP!!

So tonight I just put on a vitamin c serum and some A&D, but I’m confused and shocked at this madness. Y’all know I’m no newbie to lightening and this has only happened before with sun exposure when I did not SAP. Any ideas what happened???? I’ll try to post a photo but the darkness is a 2 shade difference!!!
    Awwh hip, don't be pissed or freak out, its common to look darker, as your skin is still changing and adapting post the peel. When you were driving were you exposed to sunlight at all? And did you peel as deep as you wanted? I know you were disappointed with how things were going the first few days. I say let your skin continue to heal, don't be too aggressive with the products you use right now, if in a few weeks things don't look as you expected then do another round. Don't beat yourself up, we can't stop living life when we are peel junkies
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

@gymrat thanks!

@hipvalley sorry you are frustrated! my skin looks like that on when I go heavy on RA and i'm going to peel a lot
    Last edited by PinotNoir; 05-03-2019 at 04:47 AM.

@gymrat @Pinot noit. I’ve figured it out. The AHA in that new soap doesn’t go well with the peeling chemicals. I stopped using the soap, and went back to the G/KA soap I usually use and the darkness is lifting. Guess I won’t be switching from that soap anytime soon!!

@gymrat @Pinotnoit. I’ve figured it out. The AHA in that new soap doesn’t go well with the peeling chemicals. I stopped using the soap, and went back to the G/KA soap I usually use and the darkness is lifting. Guess I won’t be switching from that soap anytime soon!!
    Use the Asantee Turmeric/Rice Milk on your body, don't let that jewel go to waste
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @gymrat @Pinotnoit. I’ve figured it out. The AHA in that new soap doesn’t go well with the peeling chemicals. I stopped using the soap, and went back to the G/KA soap I usually use and the darkness is lifting. Guess I won’t be switching from that soap anytime soon!!
    Use the Asantee Turmeric/Rice Milk on your body, don't let that jewel go to waste [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skincaretalk.com/images/smilies/newsmiles/bath.gif[/IMG]
    @gymrat Agreed! I love the smell and it helped me with my KIT.

Just to confirm for onlookers - The AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) is conflicting with something in the peel chemicals, which are residual in my skin right now. There’s nothing wrong with the soap. Once the peel chemicals are out of my skin, I can use the soap on my face. That takes about 2 weeks.

@hipvalley

Ok, glad you figured out the source. Better to just wait and use your other soaps

Update **

So my face has finally normalized, and my skin is clean and clear. Why the hail do I always decide to peel right before the sun is doing its heat cameo for the year?

Anyway, my G/KA soap is still boss of the bathroom. I have about 5 in my stash, not including the one I’m using now. I will advise though it is VERY drying so you’ll need something to hydrate your skin after you wash your face. I use either a hyaluronic acid product or aloe vera gel immediately afterwards - hence why I look 26 instead of my real age. 😂

I’ve purchased my summer SAP. I’m using Bare Minerals Complexion gel (again) with 6.2 TiO2 / SPF30. @gymrat , I think they’ve changed the formula because I thought for sure it had ZO2 in it. Anyway, I also have the Complexion Rescue Defense which has 12.48% ZO2... between the two I should be covered for my Mommy errands and daytime drives.

Body stays covered bc I’m usually in air conditioned areas. If there’s going to be outside heat, I’m not going. No cookouts for me unless I can eat in the house. No pool parties for me unless I’m under the umbrella...

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements