HipValley's Round 3 - Page 3

Thread: HipValley's Round 3

Quote Originally Posted by hipvalley View Post
    @jennieCutie: Hi 👋, I’m going to peel my face and I only put the 88% LA in my bath water. About 6oz goes on along with my Dead Sea salt. I use that to help loosen my skin for exfoliation.

@2toned: Yes! I will wear a hoodie all year round. It keeps the sun off your arms, torso, and the back of your neck. Plus everywhere I go, they have the air conditioning on blast so most people are freezing. No worries. This ain’t my first rodeo! I know how to keep covered without drawing attention to myself.

@gymrat and other vets gave me lots of tips over the years to camouflage my SAP practices. There’s a thread on it too.

@TRIUMPH Hey!!!! 👋 Good to see you! How’s your lightening? Yep I’m here. I can’t stay away and when I do, it’s never good. Just for you, I will start an October challenge - just like the good ‘ole days and I will put out a @ blast soon. Have to go back to the threads and get the names. I’m so glad we used to do roll call...Lol. I’m going over my inventory and reading my old threads so I don’t run amuck in the African store. Ha! I’m only doing what I know works so this time I’ve got a monthly BUDGET! We’ll see how long that lasts but I pretty much got the PJ in me under control...finally.

@lightboy Hi!! 👋 I’m getting ready for the get down! Or I guess the “light up”... Lol. 2 solid shades by Dec 31st and smaller challenges along the way. Man, I’ve got some catching up to do. Glad you’re still here..Yes, let’s motivate each other!!!

@masa Hi!! 👋 Thanks for the love!

@RKB 👋 You already know so I’m not going to lecture you. Maybe rub something new? Showers are ok but I feel like baths get you good all over.

@lightenme 👋 More love! Thank you. Yes, let’s do challenges and help each other like we used to. I’ll still put lots of detail and you do the same.

I’m using the rest of September to order/gather my products and accessories and to exfoliate. I may take a trip to New Jersey to King Spa Sauna where they KIT your whole body (not face) for $60. I’ve been there three times already and they don’t miss an inch!! Although it is strange having some lady scrub and contort you while you’re butt naked and covered in soap, the results are 200% worth it. Plus, I don’t go with anyone I know and they don’t speak English in the scrub zone. I’ll share the details of my first experience there in another post. Y’all will fall out of your chairs laughing when I tell you.
    @hipvalley im a proper germophobe so i don't do baths for fear something will find its way in my kitty kat only exceptions is if i live alone and no one else will tough, sneeze or cough around/near my bathroom (The entire room) or even look at my bathtub LMAO. As for rubbing something new... I'm fully convinced that i need to stick with what has worked well in maintaining my shade now the last time i checked with Mac (the last i posted pics on here) i was an NW25 which if i'm not mistaken is between NC30 & NC25. and since i'm across the pond, I've started making my own products with the same ingredients that have worked well for me. the usual KA,LA,GA,SA (not used all together) I buy AA serums or gels coz I'm still not ready to start doing these at home.

Looking forward to your details on this body KIT experience.. this should be good and funny.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RKB View Post
    @hipvalley im a proper germophobe so i don't do baths for fear something will find its way in my kitty kat only exceptions is if i live alone and no one else will tough, sneeze or cough around/near my bathroom (The entire room) or even look at my bathtub LMAO. As for rubbing something new... I'm fully convinced that i need to stick with what has worked well in maintaining my shade now the last time i checked with Mac (the last i posted pics on here) i was an NW25 which if i'm not mistaken is between NC30 & NC25. and since i'm across the pond, I've started making my own products with the same ingredients that have worked well for me. the usual KA,LA,GA,SA (not used all together) I buy AA serums or gels coz I'm still not ready to start doing these at home.

Looking forward to your details on this body KIT experience.. this should be good and funny.
    What was your shade before and how do you maintain your current tone?
    Beauties are fair and slim.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPH View Post
    What was your shade before and how do you maintain your current tone?
    NW45/NC50 its taken 3 yrs of doing different things. Maintain by using
    Homemade KA + Black soap
    LA or GA lotions right after i shower,
    My mix 4 days a week .. ( main ingredients KA, AA gel, serum, cream +lotion)
    Sauna suit 3 days/wk( though i haven't used one in a few months) I've only used these for maybe a year tops.
    Skin Building - Days i don't use a sauna suit i skin build after 30mins for the other days i'd skin build after 2 hrs.
    Now those showers i hate so much LOL..my soap 4 days a week and use dove exfoliating soap the rest of the days.
    Skin Detox - I use pink himalayan salt ounce a week.
    I also used to do weekly LA body peels (2 mins max) did this for a few months then started doing it once every 2 wks.. now its kinda once a month if i remember.
    I use this for my face GA lotion & the Ordinary AA serum
    Im religious with my sun screen i don't care how white i look that thing is getting slapped on.

Lastly, Im religious with my supplements.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

You've come a long way and doing a nice job I see how you maintain your tone sap and supplements can not be left behind.
    I need the info on how you make your KA+ black soap (I have plenty black soap) and your LA+GA Lotion. What sunscreen you use cause I will be doing some DIY this time.

The challenge is posted. Let's get ready to do this!

Ok, now for my story about the Korean Spa...

Some girlfriends and I went up there last winter just to check it out. I was fully anticipating a day of detox and relaxation. The food was ok even though I couldn't pronounce most of it. I ended up getting a salad and some dish I can't say. LOL. It was good though. They have a gazillion saunas and I did all of them! The one was over 300 degrees and I had a panic attack in there because I forgot to wrap my hair in a towel and I kept thinking my hair was going to fry and fall out. It didn't, but I'm just saying... Anyway, they have this thing called "a body scrub" so I signed up for one. I'm thinking I'm gonna be nicely loofah-ed and returned to my day. Um, Nope! They have you soak butt naked in a HOT hot tub for about 30 minutes, or you can do the steam room (which was so hot I couldn't breathe) then they scrub the DNA off your body with a KIT glove!! They twist and contort you, while they scrub EVERY crack and crevice at least twice then they flip you like a fish and do it again on the other side. Kitty and all!! The scrub is from the neck down. When she got to my lady parts I yelled "HEYY!! What the..?" and she said "You lay. I scrub. You give me no problem." You can't just run up in somebody's Kitty area with a Korean mitt without warning. You have to signal or something. It tickled so I kept laughing and she was getting annoyed. I don't speak Korean and she didn't speak English so there was no point in trying to make amends. She finished neck to feet after about 30 minutes. I asked her to do my hands extra since I have such a time with them. She didn't understand what I was saying so I had to show her what I was asking for. She said something in Korean and went about doing the job. At the end, they throw - literally throw - a bucket of warm water on you to get the soap off, and they send you on your way. Again - no warning. You just feel like you're in a car wash and nobody told you. They tell you - no lotion, deodorant, or chemicals on your skin for the next couple of hours. After that, you towel dry and your day is yours to enjoy. Every part of my body felt extra exposed. Like she had uncovered another me under all the layers of dead skin hiding in plain sight on my body. Even the slightest breeze had me shivering. For about an hour I walked with a walk of shame feeling like everybody knew the Korean lady had been all up in my Kitty and then threw water on me. I couldn't bear to make eye contact. My girlfriends were about the same. None of us really wanted to talk about it but we all wanted to make the trip again. It's not so bad. It just that the first time, you're all Mary Sunshine and then here she comes with the mitt of torture and shame, and then you're new again.

C754415C-4C74-42F6-B05A-BC383F470085.jpg

My starting FACE shade is MAC NC50 or Urban Decay 9.75. Goal shade is undecided, but I know it’s not what I am now.

I darkened like crazy this summer. I knew better. One day I had to drive my husband to work and it’s an hour drive each way. Every sunbeam on the sky decided to rest on me no matter how much I tried to block it. From that point forward, I was stuck with this shade on my face, upper neck, and arms. Now I’m fighting the permatan fight. I can’t occlude my face - unless I want to die - so I’ve got to SAP like nobody’s business.

Im using Bare Minerals’ Prep Step and then my Bare Minerals Complexion gel when I’m leaving the house. Nadinola at night and soaping with my GKA soap. Face is trying to budge. Arms are being stubborn.

The challenge is posted. Let's get ready to do this!

Ok, now for my story about the Korean Spa...

Some girlfriends and I went up there last winter just to check it out. I was fully anticipating a day of detox and relaxation. The food was ok even though I couldn't pronounce most of it. I ended up getting a salad and some dish I can't say. LOL. It was good though. They have a gazillion saunas and I did all of them! The one was over 300 degrees and I had a panic attack in there because I forgot to wrap my hair in a towel and I kept thinking my hair was going to fry and fall out. It didn't, but I'm just saying... Anyway, they have this thing called "a body scrub" so I signed up for one. I'm thinking I'm gonna be nicely loofah-ed and returned to my day. Um, Nope! They have you soak butt naked in a HOT hot tub for about 30 minutes, or you can do the steam room (which was so hot I couldn't breathe) then they scrub the DNA off your body with a KIT glove!! They twist and contort you, while they scrub EVERY crack and crevice at least twice then they flip you like a fish and do it again on the other side. Kitty and all!! The scrub is from the neck down. When she got to my lady parts I yelled "HEYY!! What the..?" and she said "You lay. I scrub. You give me no problem." You can't just run up in somebody's Kitty area with a Korean mitt without warning. You have to signal or something. It tickled so I kept laughing and she was getting annoyed. I don't speak Korean and she didn't speak English so there was no point in trying to make amends. She finished neck to feet after about 30 minutes. I asked her to do my hands extra since I have such a time with them. She didn't understand what I was saying so I had to show her what I was asking for. She said something in Korean and went about doing the job. At the end, they throw - literally throw - a bucket of warm water on you to get the soap off, and they send you on your way. Again - no warning. You just feel like you're in a car wash and nobody told you. They tell you - no lotion, deodorant, or chemicals on your skin for the next couple of hours. After that, you towel dry and your day is yours to enjoy. Every part of my body felt extra exposed. Like she had uncovered another me under all the layers of dead skin hiding in plain sight on my body. Even the slightest breeze had me shivering. For about an hour I walked with a walk of shame feeling like everybody knew the Korean lady had been all up in my Kitty and then threw water on me. I couldn't bear to make eye contact. My girlfriends were about the same. None of us really wanted to talk about it but we all wanted to make the trip again. It's not so bad. It just that the first time, you're all Mary Sunshine and then here she comes with the mitt of torture and shame, and then you're new again.
    A total stranger scrubbing you down there and can't speak your language is not funny but I'm laughing. You will get use to it and exfoliation like that always makes you clean but the down side is that with little sunburn you are dark but still well exfoliated.

C754415C-4C74-42F6-B05A-BC383F470085.jpg

My starting FACE shade is MAC NC50 or Urban Decay 9.75. Goal shade is undecided, but I know it’s not what I am now.

I darkened like crazy this summer. I knew better. One day I had to drive my husband to work and it’s an hour drive each way. Every sunbeam on the sky decided to rest on me no matter how much I tried to block it. From that point forward, I was stuck with this shade on my face, upper neck, and arms. Now I’m fighting the permatan fight. I can’t occlude my face - unless I want to die - so I’ve got to SAP like nobody’s business.

Im using Bare Minerals’ Prep Step and then my Bare Minerals Complexion gel when I’m leaving the house. Nadinola at night and soaping with my GKA soap. Face is trying to budge. Arms are being stubborn.
    Avoid sun and cover up well geans trousers and long sleeve shirt.

@TRIUMPH I know, funny right? I’m going back in October. Well prepared this time!

As for my shade, I got to NW43 before and that was good enough for me. I’m going to shoot for that by December and see how it goes. Much lighter than that I won’t recognize myself. I don’t want to go so far up in shades that it begins to look odd or off. NC44/NW43 is my max but I want to be even all over like before. I’m a patchwork quilt today. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by lightboy View Post
    @RKB @gymrat Count me in the club! I hate showers too! Especially winter time! When I'm in there I'm in for a long time because I HAVE to detangle my hair. I can't stand wet knotted up hair lol. Yes my hair is on the longer side lmao.
    YES!! That makes 3 of us have you ever used the spray detangler Paul Mitchell makes?? Its amazing and will cut that hair process n half.

Quote Originally Posted by RKB View Post
    @gymrat these showers are a necessary evil in my world.. I think the thought is what makes it worse for me.. i wish this would be a job description coz i'd outsource this task to someone but then again i'm OCD so most likely they'd bath me and i'd redo it after.
    I'm going to stick around this time.... no traveling for a couple of months and nothing interesting going on now.. so won't be as tired everyday.
    @RKB You might be onto something there cuz so am I.....I think its just the process I hate, its time consuming and I think of a million other things I could be doing. I'm one that will turn the water on then get distracted doing something else, hear the water running and think, oh ya....I was supposed to be getting in the shower

Glad you won't be going anywhere for awhile, we've missed you around here!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements