Skin Care Talk banner

Lightenme’s journey to maintainance

91K views 366 replies 54 participants last post by  pengcaramelglo 
#1 ·
I have decided to go on a new journey. My last journey to success was all about getting as light as possible. This time around I not only want to get light but I want to get to a color I can Marian forever. Now I don’t mind redarkening a shade or two here and there throughout life I’m not asking for perfect just consistensey. It’s been so hard redarkening this much and it’s taking a lot to get back to where I was. I moved to Atlanta in June from Minnesota and the weather difference is killing me I have to walk around campus to different classes that are sometimes ten mins apart and I can’t get away from this deadly Georgia sun. I need your help guys so far here is what I’m working with. Unfortunately I can’t use HQ on my body anymore because it breaks me out in rashes and thins my skin. I feel like my skin has changed. There’s something in that dodo lotion that can really mess up your skin if you’re not too careful, but it’s the only thing that lightens so much, that and piona.

g&g lotion
dodo lotion
ikb lotion
carotien lotion
10% glycolic lotion
amlactin
coco nut oil
raw ivory shea butter
vit e oil
clear essence fade cream

See less See more
#200 ·
My face has reverted due to extreme summer heat and sun even though I wore burnout. Can you or anyone recommend something for one to two shades up? @lightenme: link to where you got your 90% la peel please? What about for body? What percentage would you recommend?
I recommend clear essence cream a kojic acid soap left on face for one minute 2 times a week, be very very patient also on the days when you’re not using the soap use RA 0.025% and a gentle jelly cleanser like cerve hydrating cleanser the best sunscreen is elta md clear shield or drmtlgy transparent zinc sunscreen on amazon! For the peel I used the Ashley Madison 90% la peel just search it. For body I don’t recommend la peel I recommend maxi peel 3 or baby face rdl peel 3 maxi peel can be bought at Walmart.com now

#221 ·
Hello guys👋🏾 Been lurking for awhile and this is my first post. I need help with my skincare routine. My hands and feet especially. They won’t even out. They’re basically my major issue right now and it’s starting to feel frustrating. It’s my birthday in a month and It’ll be nice to flaunt my hands and wear that open toe sandal.

Before now, I used Francoise Bedon lotion and Asantee papaya soap along side dudu osun soap. It worked well and blended out my skin tone but with very minimal lightening which I liked and then I got greedy and use these organic creams that’s where my dilemma started. It’s been a sad story ever since.

I currently use Kojie San soap only in the evening three times a week. Every other day (AM/PM) I bath with dove soap. Moisturize with almond oil and Shea butter mix in the morning and couple more times after and I use F&W aha lotion in the evening.

For face, I wash with Dudu osun AM/PM. I use the ordinary serums Niacinamide and salicylic acid in the morning. In the evening I use Witch hazel toner and vitamin c serum (I like to keep it simple else I get lazy)

...and I use sunscreen (Neutrogena)

I wanted to try using gng lotion and oil (peach lid) on knuckles at night but the lady at the cosmetic store suggested Aneeza gold face cream instead and said to apply on the knuckles and toes. I did get it but I’m yet to use it... not sure why.

Please I could really use ideas and opinions rn.
I want my hands and feet back😖 Tired of these bleached out looking hands and feet.

I ll try to attach some pictures if I can find my way around it

Apologies for the long epistle🙏🏾

#232 · (Edited)
View attachment 64567
View attachment 64565
On the top is NC35 the bottom NC30 I think 3 maybe 4 more shades lighter and I’ll be at my goal NC30
this is the Mac prolong wear concealer btw!
Wow that was quick, looking good! How long did it take you to get from NC50 to NC35, you were like NC50 in March right? Thanks for this post giving me so much inspiration and motivation :)

#262 ·
@CaramelCoffee what are you going to use it with . You have to be careful when using it because I’m guy and my skin it’s tougher .
Maxilight, Koji San, AHA SOAP @shawtykid20 I'm an NC45 right now I wanna be a light caramel like this I think is NC40 how long do you think it may take? my real goal is NC35 but I would be happy with this shade

#261 ·
I bought the HQ powder trying to make a lightening glycerin with it but I think glycerine might not be suitable in dry weather. I also have a jar of HQ cream and some F&W HQ tubes but can't get RA. The weather is cold and dry but can be really sunny some time in daylight.

#271 ·
Hey guys, I’ve been a long time lurker and really want to lighten my skin a few shades. Not trying to be too light just golden brown. I’ve been going from different threads trying to build an effective regime but it’s all quite overwhelming. I stop using all lighteners religiously because I got really bad stretch mark all lover my body don’t know if it’s from getting fat or the lighteners. I know exfoliating and skin building is essential but I’m a bit confused and don’t know where to start. I live in Canada(Alberta to be precise) so the weather doesn’t get too hot. I’m rambling but can someone please help me. I bought maxi peel 3 and kojie san & likas and I’m thinking of getting amlactin or a glycolic acid lotion to exfoliate. What would you guys suggest for skin building?. I used Caro white in the past and from some of the reviews I guess that’s where my problems started. I can post pic later if that help just have to figure out how to hide my identity. My boyfriend just proposed and it was such a happy time but my hands were a huge embarrassment my sister whose been bleaching as well has minimal side affects and never fails to rub it in.
Sorry for the book, I just don’t know what to do anymore. Attach are pics of my cart on house of beauty.

Attachments

#272 ·
������������

Why do u think you need all of that lol.
That is ridiculous
Start over with that cart.
Get rid of dodo and extreme glow unless you want more strechmarks..
Gng will give you a pale look you said you want golden brown.

You don't need all that to go up a few shades idk if you not intrested in hq but clear essence have hq in it.

I think you need to keep it simple that's a waste of $300

I'm using Mitchell brands with maxi light serum the kojic acid one.

What's your current shade

#273 ·
@sayurriibishh, honestly I don’t know. I’m really confused and have been stressing over it so I just kept adding as I was reading the threads. That’s my current shade give or take and the 2nd pics is me at my lightest which I liked. And would like to maintain that. My hands and feet are the worst way darker than everything else.

#274 ·
This is the glow I’m trying to get in no particular order, don’t know if they are achievable or impossible. The most important thing is for me get have healthy skin free of stretch mark and just glowing don’t care too much If it lightening isn’t possible. Am I reaching with these?

Attachments

#275 ·
I feel you. It is achievable but wont me fast is all. Your skin isn't to dark to start with I think you can get there. You should exfoliate. I love la lotion and I have maxi peel.. and yellow peeling oil. As far a skin building go I use shea butter ,coconut and aloe vera gel. And i use Nivea almond oil lotion is my favorite moisturizer i mix it with vitamin e sometimes. Okay but for the regime.

The ikb gels with serums and a good base should work with exfoliation you can use gng if you not worried about it being discontinued or the ingredients changing because the owner has passed. I like Pr. Francoise Bedon as a base I had a natural mix with it before but I used a few things and it worked well for me.
Look into the supreme line and get the serums
Add ikb or the Mitchell brands neoprosone.

#277 ·
@Sayuriibishh thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it. So for the exfoliating phase should I use the La lotion and maxi peel together? In what order would you suggest. Or if you have a good starter suggestion I’m open to anything, I’m not in a rush right now I just want the health of my skin back. I Have the shae butter and vitamin e capsule, should I mix the two with almond oil or evoo I have that too. I’m going to order the La lotion off amazon tonight. Is this the supreme line you’re talking about and would you recommend getting it from house of beauty?

Attachments

#278 ·
Pengcaramelglo

Mostly Caro white, the oil and the jar. Think I tried G&g just the jar (peach lid) in the past but didn’t notice anything so I tossed it. I used the fair and white serum with the Caro white product. Kojie san and Likas here and there but never consistent because it seemed like too much work and I had sensitive skin. I think that’s It, the Caro white was working so I didn’t see a need to try anything else. I used to for probably 2-3years straight.

#279 ·
Yes that's the line. Hun no problem. Yes I actually would put on my la lotion then once it soak in a bit put maxi peel in a spray bottle spray it all over. I used that once a day then my lightening cream once a day. Its cheaper if you order the lactic acid from lotion crafters and just add it to your own moisturizer like jergens.

I dont think u should use kojic San soap if your skin sensitive. You should try glutathione soap

I haven't ordered from house of beauty in years they sent me an expired lotion that was brown n refused to give me a refund up until then I always bought my product from them now only reason us beauty bazaar or Mitchell brands. So if u been ordering from them it's fine I just won't forgive them for that lol

#280 ·
@sayiriinishh, thank again, You have no clue what your fast response mean to me. I e literally been sitting here staring at my phone. I ordered from them 1-2years ago so I might give us beauty bazaar a try because my sister ordered some things from there and it came pretty fast. Thanks again for the tips and suggestions. I’m going to give these a try and see if things change for the better

#281 ·
No problem good luck! I'm a on and off lightener I been through alot of products and steroids ain't it! I dont even like hq nomore really. I notice when I did use natural products i could go longer without redarkening and never got as dark as i started before again. And a had strechmarks similar to yours on my thighs they all faded

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.