My Hands and Knuckle ARE RUINED!

Thread: My Hands and Knuckle ARE RUINED!

My Hands and Knuckle ARE RUINED!

Hello All

My First Post on here.

I live in the UK but moved to Abuja in July for work - I'm here for a year.

I had a Facial at a lovely spa - it showed up on my instagram feed and I decided to give it a go. It was lovely - no complaints.

The Therapist suggested having a Peel to get rid of my hard and dark knuckles. It was dark but had never bothered me. I decided to give it a go.

I used a TCA Peel.

It did not sting or hurt, however a week later, I had a body wash / scrub treatment - afterwards my hands turned all wrinkly and it hurt to bend or straighten - I was prescribed a Healing Oil and Arnica - which helped with the pain, the wrinkling subsided after 2/3 days. My hands turned dark and peeled over a couple of days. The peel was not even and I've been struggling to get it right.

Currently my hands are uneven and my knuckles horrible.

Please have a look at the images and I'd be grateful to know what I did wrong AND how I can fix this.

It's really horrible. I wear fingerless gloves and really long sleeve tops. It's affecting my confidence - at work, taking my kids out, going to the gym, restaurants etc.

I'd really be grateful for helpful tips re what I can do to reverse the damage to my hands, heal my skin and have a semblance of healthy skin.

I should add - I soak my hands in lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes AM and PM - as instructed by Therapist. I was also told NOT to use Moisturisers to ensure my hands / knuckle dry and peel.

A Million Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mstoni; 09-21-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Additional Information

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mstoni View Post
    Hello All

My First Post on here.

I live in the UK but moved to Abuja in July for work - I'm here for a year.

I had a Facial at a lovely spa - it showed up on my instagram feed and I decided to give it a go. It was lovely - no complaints.

The Therapist suggested having a Peel to get rid of my hard and dark knuckles. It was dark but had never bothered me. I decided to give it a go.

I used a TCA Peel.

It did not sting or hurt, however a week later, I had a body wash / scrub treatment - afterwards my hands turned all wrinkly and it hurt to bend or straighten - I was prescribed a Healing Oil and Arnica - which helped with the pain, the wrinkling subsided after 2/3 days. My hands turned dark and peeled over a couple of days. The peel was not even and I've been struggling to get it right.

Currently my hands are uneven and my knuckles horrible.

Please have a look at the images and I'd be grateful to know what I did wrong AND how I can fix this.

It's really horrible. I wear fingerless gloves and really long sleeve tops. It's affecting my confidence - at work, taking my kids out, going to the gym, restaurants etc.

I'd really be grateful for helpful tips re what I can do to reverse the damage to my hands, heal my skin and have a semblance of healthy skin.

I should add - I soak my hands in lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes AM and PM - as instructed by Therapist. I was also told NOT to use Moisturisers to ensure my hands / knuckle dry and peel.

A Million Thanks.
    TCA peel doesn't play. So sorry abt this. For now massage oils like sheabutter, coconut oil, olive oil or u can mix them all together and use for a while 3-4 weeks after that use Lactic Acid lotion 10-15% to get rid of the dead skin. Wishing u luck

Thank you - really kind of you to respond. I am DEFINITELY NOT touching Peels again but I'll give the oils a go....fingers crossed there's an improvement. x

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hands and peels have odd behavior. I would say hang on for another week or two before you make any judgements.

1) the skin on hands, knees and elbows are very different from the rest of our skin. It is tougher and takes longer to complete a peel process. Fast will get you in trouble. Gloves and patience. There’s no shame in telling people you had a chemical peel on your hands. Put some gloves on, and keep it pushing...

2) when I did my hands, what worked for me was this: soaking my hands in warm water 4 or 5 times a day - pat dry / then heavy moisturizer. My hands took about 5 weeks to normalize.

iI know it seems like forever, but just keep your hands hydrated and moisturized and you should pull through fine

Thank you - this is really helpful - Hydrated and moisturised - my new mantra x

Quote Originally Posted by Mstoni View Post
    Thank you - this is really helpful - Hydrated and moisturised - my new mantra x
    I had the worst hands fiasco ever! There’s a thread on here somewhere. Look for Hipvalleys Hands... i thought my hands were never going to peel. It seemed like a lifetime. But when it was over they were so pretty!!

Just keep doing that soak a couple of times a day and moisturize. I can’t remember what I used to moisturize but if you find that thread I know I documented everything well.

You can do it!!

Currently hands look somewhat similar but with a huuuuge burn mark ( white fleshy color on entire left hand).

Oh my goodness you poor thing. I am so sorry this happened to you. Use Vitamin A& E ointment for now until it heals. I would not touch any chemicals for a while.
    Respectfully yours,
    NC35FROMNC55Hidden Content

11. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements