Skin Care Talk banner

Back, butt ,knees, elbows.

15K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  slayanna 
#1 ·
I know there are several threads on how to lighten these " HARD TO LIGHTEN AREAS" but most of them are old.
Over the years , some products have been discontinued , new methods were found , natural lighteners such as kojic acid , alpha arbutin, liccorice and AHA ( lactic acids , glycolic ...) are now trendy. A few years ago it was mostly hydroquinone the star.

i for one feel like anything too acidic darkens my butt , knees... so i dont over do it with acids. i think a lot of us are overdoing it with exfoliation, and we cause PIH without knowing. And there begins the vicious circle , we get PIH , so we dont see any lightening , so we do another peel in order for the lightener to work , but we only cause more PIH ...

So i midly exfoliate those areas , with kojie san , and i use a mix of g&g pink lid , gg oil and ikb( thank god i bought several bottles of g&g oil in january cause it seems to be discontinued ?????? *geezus take the wheel i can't deal* ). it looks like im getting results. But its kinda slow.

feel free to share your regimen so we can all help each other out and come up with a bomb ass regimen !!

See less See more
#2 ·
Those areas are a MAJOR part of getting that natural look when lightening the skin. They're the " bleacher signs" . The cow look is not cute , and we all ligthen to feel more confident, but when your face is nc 40 and your back nc 50 , its the exact opposite of what we're seeking for , we only feel less confident and depressed... *Aint nobody got time for that* We want to be FLAWLESS & BRIGHT 😉 xoxo

#4 ·
I use a Sauna Suit. The walmart kind.
I shower with a Kojic acid/Glutathione soap, then I LAYER:

Amlactin
F&W Brightening Serum
G&G Cream (peach lid)
Carotein Cream

I do it in this order because it works for me that way. The Amlactin is closest to my skin. The Brightening serum is a light oil but its also HQ - I think 2%.
G&G has all kinds of acids and so does the Carotein.

Wear the sauna suit for about 4 hours, on two consecutive days. This is great on the weekends during the day if you don't have much planned. Shower off afterwards each time and watch your permatans fade away like they never existed.

This has been a powerful mix for me. If it gets you too pale, you can use Carowhite BEFORE THE CAROTEIN or another HQ cream to get more golden.

#12 ·
flawlessBright said:
great regimen ! thanks for sharing, whats the lightening ingredient in carotein??
Skin Nouveau Carotein Nourishing and Fairness Cream with carrot extracts, AHA and vitamin A, B, C, E nourishes your skin with precious and effective natural substances.

It’s mostly the natural acids. I saw it posted in its entirety here somewhere and it’s on my label but too much to type.

#13 ·
Just a note on the sauna suit thing I posted. That’s a highly acidic treatment that you definitely don’t want to do more than once a month. G&G has acids. Amlactin has acids, and Carotein has acids.

Please don’t ruin your skin by doing this treatment too often. It most certainly does work but you know what they say... “Too much of a good thing can be really bad.” - or something like that.

#21 ·
UPDATE. so with my mix , ( see first post) im getting results , my body is starting to reach at Nc45 like my face , my upper body is prob lighter than nc45, but i had a hard time with my legs ...now they are moving , my knees are also moving ! but the only problem i. have is my butt ...its moving REALLY slow ... any advice ? did anyone ever do a strong peel on their butt ?

#22 ·
Be careful with the butt. I did a strong peel and got burned so badly I could not sit normally for a while. Take it easy. Light peels and brightening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.