Skin Care Talk banner

i'm back! once and for all: My Ultimate Journey

29K views 98 replies 21 participants last post by  pengcaramelglo 
#1 ·
I haven't been on here for almost a year. I've been so caught up with life that I completely stopped my skincare routine and started focusing on other things. However, this was probably good for me as I've matured enough to lighten responsibly. When I was on this forum a while ago, my main focus was becoming lightskinned (I wanted to look mixed, I was whitewashed). I also had skin dysmorphia problems so I'm glad I got my ish together.
So i'm now ready to start a new journey. My goal is to go from brownskin, to "lighter" brownskin. Nothing more then 4 shades lightened. :yess: Lol not much of a change but I love my brown skin now, I just want to be a more light caramel tone. I also want to get rid of dark spots and uneven skin tone. I'm also making other lifestyle changes along with lightening my skin, (Weight gain, Beauty Routine, Be Happier, etc.). I will do consistent updates on all of that in this forum! Now onto my goals lol.

-

Current Shade:

Goal Shade:
Somewhere around Trina/Lauren London/Aaliyah Jay complexion. Caramel brown. (can someone give me a mac shade?)
Hair White Face Clothing Lip
Hair Face Eyebrow Lip Hairstyle
Hair Eyebrow Face Forehead Hairstyle

-
Do ya'll think this is attainable? I also don't have a regi made yet, so if anyone could help me formulate one that works quickly and strongly that would be great. Thank you!
:sunshine:​

See less See more
#39 ·
I agree with @Annamarie6
@CaramelCoffee - no you are definitely lighter than that based on your pics. I actually think you are closer to NC45, but i'll have to look again at the Mac shade- you made just need to brighten and even out your skin. If your body is that much darker to can post photos to users to assess. I think your skin tone is more neutral (non yellow) which maybe why I feel you are darker than you are.

Keep in mind many of the pics you see on the instagram or online are altered to look "flawless". The saturation is turned up and filters are used to even the skin etc.

#40 ·
Skin Pink Neck Arm Lip
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Yellow Arm Pink Joint Leg

These pictures were taken in slightly different lighting both in front of a window. I have neutral/olive undertones which I feel are nice sometimes but I'm going for more of a caramel pale-yellow shade like the girls i posted above @PinotNoir

#49 ·
View attachment 63751 View attachment 63753
These pictures were taken in slightly different lighting both in front of a window. I have neutral/olive undertones which I feel are nice sometimes but I'm going for more of a caramel pale-yellow shade like the girls i posted above @PinotNoir

Yeah your skintone is kind of like mine, neutral - your body looks closer to NC47ish. That pale yellow is around NC40-NC42 - keep us posted on your progress.

#43 ·
Well I haven't received any advice so I'm just diving straight in I have no time to waste. I'm deciding to use glycolic acid peel on my areas of hyper-pigmentation during exfoliating in order to get a deeper peel hopefully better results since the skin is thicker and tougher. Besides that I bought LA Lotion 12%, Vitamin C Serum, Koji San Soap, and KIT. I'll be doing the regi I posted only difference is I'll be using glycolic acid peel instead. I'll do hammam baths/sea salt bath 1-3x a week. When I feel as if my skin is completely even or close to it which I feel will be 3-6 weeks. I'll take a one week break from exfoliating and do a full body peel w/ yellow peeling oil. Then straight onto lightening after that. I'll need to come up with a lightening regi while I exfoliate.

#50 ·
I'm about a third way thru my exfoliating journey! My products took forever to get here but my skin is glowing already. My routine was so quick I feel as if I should add more but what else is there to add? :rolleyes: i'm a little obsessed with how I look now. I'm taking my time exfoliating I wanna be even as possible before introducting any lighteners. About a month before I'm finished exfoliating I'm going to need ya'll help on picking a lightening route. I'm using strong lighteners in an attempt to lighten fast.

#51 ·
Options for lightening regimens so far:

• Labi Cream + Oil + G&G Cream + Oil
  • Nadinola, Labi, GG
  • dodo cream,oil,soap
  • Kligman formula?* (hq+ra+roid)
  • Maxi white serum
  • Supplements: vitamin c, vitamin e, nac, collagen, msm

These are DIFFERENT products im considering not thinking of using them all at once for clarification lol. I'm thinking using a variation of the first two bullet points with maxi white serum and RA. I also heard good reviews about ikb might have to do more research into some potent lightening mixes for myself.

If those first two don't work then may consider dodo however I will update. My "skin washing" technique and occlusion are a given with whatever mix I choose just need help with picking a mix. Will update later with more considerations after i do more researching.

#54 ·
@CaramelCoffee for you body maxi light cream 500g with 2 lemonvate gel steriod in container then for face I mix a grape size maxi light and 2 peas size of lemonvate gel in my palm my hand. I had nice even tone. If my current regime dnt work after 3 months Im gona go back to that mix . Got to remember I’m a guy so our skin different but if me that was bomb mix

#56 ·
@CaramelCoffee for you body maxi light cream 500g with 2 lemonvate gel steriod in container then for face I mix a grape size maxi light and 2 peas size of lemonvate gel in my palm my hand. I had nice even tone. If my current regime dnt work after 3 months Im gona go back to that mix . Got to remember I’️m a guy so our skin different but if me that was bomb mix
Did you redarken after stopping or did you have to wean off a special way? Definitely will consider. Any before and after pictures?

#55 ·
new skinspiration 😍❤ anybody know her Mac shade? i love pale yellow tones her color is my goal. Any suggestions to get a tone like this? I’ll post more of my skin pictures when I’m done with my exfoliating phase

Attachments

#69 ·
My elbows knees are sooo dark and my skin is still uneven I hate how ugly it looks I feel like it just ruins my skin I look like I have snake skin. Is there any way to get rid of this look or will it go away as I continue to exfoliate? Also the back of my arms are dark I’ll post skin pictures PLEASE HELP ME.

#70 ·
I just started exfoliating not too long ago so I don’t know if I need to wait to see results but I think the carowhite soap I wish with might be making me dark! My skin is like this all over uneven with dark marks “strawberry bumps” uneven and ugly. The discoloration makes it look so bad. It’s not as noticeable in this pictures.

Attachments

#78 ·
I’m still in the exfoliating process. I fear I have overexfoliated so I’m being gentle on my skin especially the darkness around my mouth which was the most irritated. I haven’t seen any drastic change so far which disappoint me I still have “strawberry”
Legs and dark knees and elbow. Will this
Only go away with lightening cream?

#80 ·
Yes girl the struggle is real, I'm using mequinol 40% and kojic acid 10% (with sepiwhite) ... I see progress but I feel like it's still going so slow .. I'd love to be the goal tone you're talking about too. what shawtykid said is tempting but i'd hate to get stretchmarks... be careful

#81 ·
Hey everyone so I’ve been using Carowhite the past few days around my mouth and eye area where I already had hyperpigmentation and I’m not sure if I’m just not paranoid or if those areas got darker!!! Or if my cheek hypopigmentation just got worse. Is it possible that the Carowhite has darkened me in those areas and will I eventually drop shades? Or am I just paranoid and it’s something else? Please help

#85 ·
You have to stop using it, and give your skin some time to get back to normal, then replace it with something that has a lower HQ content.

Have a search around the forum to see what cream could work best for you. Are you looking for a cream just for your face or whole body?
If it's for face then yes Nadinola is a good choice, I've read a lot of positive reviews about it. If you need a cream for all over I would suggest clear essence range that has 2% HQ and works really well, I had a friend that used it back in the day and her skin was so clear and clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.