For the parts of your body that go dry, especially in winter. Combats those scaly legs and feet, and supplies some much needed nourishment.
Takes a little bit of work to make this one, but I've found it well worth the time.
- Water 5 grams
- Niacinamid 5 grams
- D-Panthenol 3 grams
- NAG 3 grams
- Optiphen 1 grams
- Polysorbate80 ~2.5 grams
- Kernel oil 26 grams (Plum or Apricot)
- Borage oil 10 grams
- Safflower oil 10 grams
- Almond oil 9 grams
- Argan oil 6 grams
- Vitamin E oil 1600 IU (I used 4 caps)
- Shea Butter 30 grams
- Cocoa Butter 12 grams
- Bees wax 4 grams
- 1.5 tsp cornstarch
- Essential oil(s) of choice
- Melt butters/wax in a double boiler and keep at about 80 degs. Celsius for about 20 minutes. This is to prevent crystalization when the butters cool. Don't go over this temperature, though. Let it cool down to about 40C.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the B3, panthenol, NAG, Optiphen and Poly80 in the water. The panthenol can be pesky, let it stand for a couple of minutes and stir, stir stir...
- Weigh out and blend your oils in a bowl. Add your water content and blend (I use my milk frother). This becomes a homogenous yellow soup...make sure there is no separation, if there is add some drops of Poly80.
- Add your butters/wax to #3 while using a ******* mixer. Mix for a couple of mins and put bowl in freezer. When you see the edges becoming stiff, take out and mix some more. Repeat this process until the mixture "stands" when you take it from the freezer. Add cornstarch. Run your mixer for 5-10 minutes until you have a smooth and souffle-like texture.
- Add your EO's of choice...I use Sweet Orange and a touch of Vanilla. Or, leave it scent-free if you prefer.
- Spoon into jars. Let set in a cool place (not fridge !), then cap. Done !