Skin Care Talk banner

Skin lightening progress (pictures)

15K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  2toned 
#1 ·
So far with Marie Franz soap it has brightened my skin a lot, but Idk if it’s getting any lighter. Hard to tell. Arms still look darker than legs

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
I unfortunately didn’t take a before pic, but wished I did. I tried to find a good pic from a few months ago, but I look a diff shade in all of em cause of lighting and filters. I’m gonna take a new picture next time with the same lighting and same area so can really see my progress
No steroids, they’re pretty simple with their ingredients. Highly potent kojic acid. My face is sensitive so it’s too strong for me. so I just use it on my body only. For my face I use a honey bee kojic acid soap

#7 ·
I unfortunately didn’t take a before pic, but wished I did. I tried to find a good pic from a few months ago, but I look a diff shade in all of em cause of lighting and filters. I’m gonna take a new picture next time with the same lighting and same area so can really see my progress

#10 ·
So far with Marie Franz soap it has brightened my skin a lot, but Idk if it’s getting any lighter. Hard to tell. Arms still look darker than legs
beautiful skin tone. What is your regimen?
Body: I wash my body with regular soap, and then exfoliate with the Marie Franz soap. I leave the MF soap on for about 5 mins and rinse. Body only though, my face can’t handle the potency of it.

I then apply amlactin lotion followed by a lightening cream.

Face:
-wipe make-up off
-double cleanse
-wash face with Santeva’s honey bee soap
-I apply a kojic acid mud mad mask (this is new for me)
-Vitamin C serum
-then a strong lightening but creamy moisturizer

My Skin lightening has been most noticeable on my face.

#22 ·
Body: I wash my body with regular soap, and then exfoliate with the Marie Franz soap. I leave the MF soap on for about 5 mins and rinse. Body only though, my face can’t handle the potency of it.

I then apply amlactin lotion followed by a lightening cream.

Face:
-wipe make-up off
-double cleanse
-wash face with Santeva’s honey bee soap
-I apply a kojic acid mud mad mask (this is new for me)
-Vitamin C serum
-then a strong lightening but creamy moisturizer

My Skin lightening has been most noticeable on my face.
Hi
What is this kojic acid mud mad mask you are using?

#13 ·
@Blackasiangirl

Its very potent.
it does have good reviews and it does lighten but its just too strong for my skin.
it truly is a professional strength soap.

It gave me hyperpigmentation and made my acne worse, dried my skin and gave me very thin skin.
I stopped using it a year ago, still have pigmentation and thin skin to this day.

kojie san worked much much better for me... =( Wish I never stopped using it

If you see yourself darkening up instead of lightening, discontinue use immediately,
you will get thin and hyper pigmented skin and it will reverse your results.
it will take a looooooooong time to heal.

#15 ·
Yes, you are right. It is extremely potent. After using it for a while now, my skin on my arm is starting to itch and turn a little red in some areas. I also burnt my chest from leaving it on too long. My arms have lightened up quite a bit though. No hyperpigmentations on me, but everyone’s skin is different. I’m going to take a break and maybe reduce the amount of times I use it to twice a week and rotate with a dove moisturizing soap

#18 ·
Yeah, I’m using drunk elephant’s whipped cream moisturizer and oils and it’s healing up well. My burnt mark on my chest is fading as well thank god.

I take 2500-3000mg a glut a day with 3600mg of vit c. I’m currently using Jarrows which works but it’s pretty slow. I’m thinking of making a switch to core or glutasbest Glutathione. I’ve heard great things about both. What about you?

#19 ·
I use Santeva’s on my face and neck and glutabest Glutathione/vit c cream on my body. Santeva’s is pretty good if you have dry skin. If yours is naturally oily though you might not like it. It can be kinda heavy on the skin, but I like it like that since I have naturally dry skin.

#20 ·
@Blackasiangirl

Stop using anything with acids on your body.
If you wish to exfoliate, try a more gentle soap.

Im using jarrows glutathione im on 2000mg with 4000mg of vitamin c

Ive been on glutathione for 8 months now. I was on 1000mg then 1500mg then 2000mg (been on this for abt 2 months now)
its so damn slow.
Im not really noticing lightening, more evening of my skin tone.
lightening will probably come later.

I was thinking of trying liposomal cause the supplements are so goddamn slow lol .
but its expensive!
once I find a decent job, Im thinking of purchasing suppositories.
Ive found a legitimate site selling them, maybe try the supposiroties?

https://oradix.com/product/glutathione-15-1500mg-reduced-glutathione-strongest-ever-anywhere/

check this out.

#21 ·
That looks pretty legit. I heard from a YouTuber that suppositories are more effective than taking Glutathione orally. Since it goes straight to the blood stream faster. I’m giving my Jarrows 6 months and if it doesn’t work I’m switching to core and if that doesn’t work suppository. Doin everything I can to avoid IV or injections as I hate needles. Although I’m seeing some subtle lightening on my skin. Can’t tell if it’s the pills or the creams or a combo of both.

So do you only taking Glutathione supplements? You don’t use any creams or aha/bha serums? I’m surprised that you said you havnt gotten any lightening effects within the past 8 months. Is that how long you’ve been lightening?

#24 ·
I really want to start gluta and vit c supplements but i read somewhere on this forum that liposome gluta (supplements) isnt good for ur heart cuz its fat but im rly not sure if its true or not. Lots of people are using it for lightening so its hard to know what to do.

#27 ·
From research I've done, l-gluta taken orally doesn't seem to have many side effects other than some people complaining of kidney stones. That's why it's important to start on the low end, and slowly increase it to your tolerance limit. You then reduce to maintain once you have your desired results. The main side effects of Glutathione are from IV injections since it's much more being pumped right into the blood stream. Yes it's more effective but carries higher risks which is why I prefer L-gluta. I also use it with ALA and Vitamin C to help the results. I would say start off with 500mg L-gluta for a month and see how your body reacts. You're unlikely to see drastic lightening, but it's to start you off. Then perhaps increase to 10,000-15,000mg split into two doses. Like the others said, it's such a slow process but it's easier to maintain results.

#25 ·
@Blackasiangirl

Pardon me. I have lightened, the results are so subtle and so f&%$#@ slow.
Glutathione takes time to accumulate in the liver. When I increased my dose to 2000mg, I saw a bit of lightening 2 days later.
and this was when I started to see some positive results. before that I noticed my tan was starting to fade. skin looked a bit even all over,
hyperpigmentation very very lightely faded. eyes looked whiter, bags under eyes started to clear up. This was when I just STARTED to see results, before that
there was nothing to talk about really..

when youre on glut its too difficult to see results because of how slow it is unless you take pics lol
Im certain with long term use, Itll lighten me up. I wanna reach nc15.

Jarrows really works. Keep your regimen simple. Im sure its the glut lightening you up,
From what Ive read, even the lightest of skin tones take a long time to lighten with glutathione
about 1 to 1.5 years Id say. Im being very patient.
@glowberry

i dnt think thats true tbh. try jarrows, its a pharmaceutical grade glut. if not, try suppositories if you have the money.
Im a medical imaging student, dont have enough money to spend on suppositories at the moment. lol
Ive heard injections are more dangerous especially with the fake glut circulating the market currently.

#26 ·
@Blackasiangirl

yea Im only taking supplements and I stopped using kojic acid.
It was too drying and my skin had already thinned out.

Im sticking to physical exfoliation. continuing with this and supplements (Ill never stop glut supplements
not just for skin but the other health benefits are amazing)

Keeping the regimen simple is good, then you'll know whats working.
I quit smoking ages ago, Ive never drank alcohol and never will, its poison for liver and
it'll hinder the process of glut.

I take 1000mg in the morning with 2000mg vitamin c. then eat breakfast 2 hours later.
Then 2 hours after dinner i take another 1000mg with 2000mg vitamin c. then about 2 hours later I sleep.

Been working well.

ill continue updating If I notice any major lightening.

Ive been lightening for 3 years now, but I stopped after about 1.5 years and lost all my progress.

#31 ·
@Summer123
Damn, I cannot go 2 hours without eating lol. I usually take my Glutathione on an empty tummy and then eat within 45mins. But I do wonder if waiting longer would make the pills more effective. I have a slow metabolism. Do you know if coffee effects the Glutathione pills? I know alcohol and marijuana does. Also, what’s your Mac shade?

#28 ·
@BansheeQueen

correct girl.

I started off with 500mg for about 2 weeks once a day. then increased to 1000mg for about a couple of months, then 1500mg
and ive been on 2000mg for abt 2 months now.

Id love to try suppositories, its soo expensive.
Id have to spend $500 a month If I stopped supplements, I cant do it. too expensive.

you can go for max a month without glut for it to return to normal levels. its amazing.

#33 ·
@Blackasiangirl

eating within 45 minutes is fine. I always wake up and drink water on an empty stomach so I just have my pills then.
I always thoughtt giving them a decent amount of time before eating food will make it work better but thats just my
assumption, Im not entirely sure.

Either way, there are times where I have taken it 30 minutes before having a meal and it still works, so 45 minutes should be perfectly fine.

I started seeing results at the 6-7 month mark, but they were subtle. nothing major.
a lot of people say after abut 6 months they start to see results. glutathione works very well.

Theres a chick named naturaldesires. shes not active anymore I believe.
she used to post on the 'glutathione and results' thread posted by Titi. she took a dose of 2000mg for a year then dropped
to maintenance dose of 500mg a day. She said it took a while, but it lightened her evenly from top to bottom.
She was taking jarrows and mentioned that It was working very well for her but it took a while to see results.

Have you come across her posts at all?

#34 ·
@Blackasiangirl

I was giving your post more thought. Its interesting it was brought up because When I started taking 2000mg a day
I was literally separating the dosages 4x throughout the day lol.
500mg morning, 500mg afternoon, 500mg evening then 500mg about 2 hours before bed.

I got tired of this lol and couldnt keep up so I took 1000mg in the morning then 1000mg before bed and
2 days later my dark circles started clearing up and my faced looked much clearer.
Just this morning I took all 2000mg when waking up and ate breakfast about 2.5 hours later.

I read that glutathione is lowest on an empty stomach in the morning and its much better absorbed
in the morning with water only. I strongly believe that taking it in the early morning before breakfast will help it
work faster.

Btw Ive noticed my immune system is working soooooooooooooooooooooo much better.
Lightening is coming, bit by bit.
my hyperpigmentation of my hands is lightening up, but very slowly lol. :rolleyes:

#35 ·
@Summer123
That’s exactly what I did too! I took 500mg in the morning 500 afternoon and and so forth. But I read somewhere how barely any Glutathione gets absorbed in your stomach so you could be taking 500mg but your body’s only absorbing like 50 of it (idk the actual numbers).

But yeah, now I’m doing 1000 in the morning and night. I’m getting subtle lightening and brightening changes. My sister was the first to notice. I don’t see too much changes in my energy though. I read in the reviews that jarrows has been giving folks extra energy like how coffee would. But I do have a baby that keeps me up every single night so that could be why lol. Do you think you’ll be increasing your dosage in the near future? I hear of folks on YouTube consuming as high as 5000 a day.

#36 ·
@Blackasiangirl

Believe me a lot of the lightening will actually come from glutathione and vit C rather than all the creams and lotions.
The best thing abt lightening with glut is that when you reach the maintenance stage, you can go for weeks without glut and the results
will still be the same.
When you use creams and lotions, the results dont last that long.

Stop using acids on ur skin, especially the marie france soap. are you still using it?

yeah I heard something similar. like 2000mg a day means only about 400mg is getting absorbed (which is very little and thats why it takes so long
to see results with supplements). Nevertheless, they are working for me but yes It is very very slow unfortunately.
Thats why liposomal route is much better but its sooo expensive, otherwise Id love to purchase it.

I noticed just today that the hyperpigmentation has cleared up about 98% from my right arm.
So you can see how fkn slow it is lol.

I came across that too, a sudden rush of energy whatever... llol.. never noticed it to be honest
I only pay close attention to my skin, evening out quite well, lightening up, getting rid of hyperpigmentation, and
my immune system is working a lot better since I started taking glut supplements.

did you read my first post?

#37 ·
Nah, I havnt used it since I burned myself with it. The soap worked in lightening me but it’s just too strong. I know there are some that can handle its potency but idk. I think using it everyday was what got me in trouble. Did it burn you? I read some of your first comments from a couple years back. You mentioned Marie Franz soap worked for you and within 4months it lightened your abdomen 1-2 shades.

Yeah, i gotta still use some of my acids. I have rosacea. Usually it’s triggered by the weather or dry skin and it seems like every week I find new triggers. Azalic acid sometimes helps in keeping it at bay. hylaraunic acids for hydration, lactic and glycolic to get my products to sink in and get rid of dead skin. Glutathione for me is extra slow cause I’m on contraceptives so I need some quicker fix to get rid of my problem areas.

Really disappointed in myself this week though. My hubby’s b-day was on Tuesday and we’d been celebrating it all week since we were outta town. I had some wine a couple times so I know that messed with the effectiveness of my Glutathione 😩 oh well, tomorrow’s a new day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.