Sunscreen application in public
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Sunscreen application in public

Sunscreen application in public

Ive given up on finding a zinc sunscreen that does not turn me grey when applying the reccommended 1/4 tsp.

Has anyone have any luck using a chem sunscreen and did not tan? Ive been using spf 100 Banana Boat for a couple of days and i havent tanned..yet.

Also
    How do you apply your sunscreen in public? When a bathroom isnt aviable? I dont want to rub germs on my face. Single stall bathrooms are limited where i work. I Dont want collegues seeing me apply stuff on my face as my sunscreen absorbs in about 1 min or two.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Also im confused.
    Some articles states that tanning skin is damaged skin but others say sunscreen wont prevent tanning but burning only.

Most of the sunscreens that contain a high amount of zinc will leave a cast...

That's kind of the purpose though because instead of your skin absorbing the sun's ray the zinc is a physical layer over the skin's surface.
    Bleaching ain't a hobby, it's a way of life. Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Helioplex claims it can reflects the rays as well but I cant go higher than spf30 without looking rediculous. There is no way i can use 1/4 tsp of high zinc sunscreen.

I gave up looking for one until I found this sunscreen but it is definitely not in the drugstore and it is physical not chemical. I use it sparingly because it is pricy but 100% worth it! This is the only one that I can wear without looking like a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by strongerrrr View Post
    I gave up looking for one until I found this sunscreen but it is definitely not in the drugstore and it is physical not chemical. I use it sparingly because it is pricy but 100% worth it! This is the only one that I can wear without looking like a ghost.
    Yikes! To rich for my blood. Did you tan with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by 22cloud9 View Post
    Yikes! To rich for my blood. Did you tan with this one?
    No I did not , not even on vacation

Quote Originally Posted by 22cloud9 View Post
    Helioplex claims it can reflects the rays as well but I cant go higher than spf30 without looking rediculous. There is no way i can use 1/4 tsp of high zinc sunscreen.

It's a tradeoff...

I think I'd rather look "ridiculous" than to tan.
    Bleaching ain't a hobby, it's a way of life. Hidden Content

I dumped bananna boat spf 100. My nose cheeks got irritated/burning sensation after sun exposure.

I picked up cvs clear zinc spf50. It only has 5% zinc 4% octocrylene. Ill give it a try.

Also my face is like 3 shades darker than my chest. The kicker is ive only used my lighting creams and sunscreen on my face. Is the sunscreen making my face darker?

Ive been reading some comments about the neutrogea 21% zinc. One person said they used it wrong by applying to much.
    So i can probably get by using high zinc but not applying 1/4tsp worth

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements