90 days motivation challenge: A journey to even tone - Page 14

Thread: 90 days motivation challenge: A journey to even tone

Quote Originally Posted by saucey View Post
    Hey guys so I’ve been seeing graudual changes with my lightening my skin has become a lot smoother and lips are more pink I would say I’m about nc44 now my goal is to be an even nc42, I’ve attached a photo of myself.. as for my weight gain I’ve gained about 10 pounds so far With the meal plan that I came up with my goal is to gain 10 more pounds and I’ll be content I’m trying to look thick for the summer lol I’m also gaining weight in my stomach even though I was trying to lose 2 inches does anyone know of a good waist trainer/sweat belt I can use?
    Hey @saucey I been trying to gain weight too. Trying to be slim thick by the summer lol. If you don’t mind me asking what is your meal plan? What do you do? I only been able to gain 3 pounds. Downing protein shakes and three meals.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Johndave91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dior View Post
    @TRIUMPH
    Thanks for the advice. I stopped using the cream on my face. Only vitamin c serum and ikb gel. But now after 4 days it burns when I put it on my face. And I noticed dry flakey/ashy spots on my face. I think I'm just going to stop everything for now.
    @Dior .. IKB gel will make ur face peel and flakey... it will take a week or so till the new lighter skin comes through
    ive noticed some flaking also , and i dont use no aha so i know its the gel. i wonder whats the ingredient that makes the skin peel ????? this could be the reason when i used the gel too long i get dark patches above my cheekbones cause AHA do that to me

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPH View Post
    Today is the first 30 days of this challenge I am yet to see some people regimen. We have 60 more days to go and I am sure that everyone has what is needed for this challenge.

@Annamarie6 @lightenme @Static @chiny @Lovelylisa08 @Southern cali chick @masa @TRIUMPH @BrownArabia @Pandy @WannaBeLight @Mkkay @Sayuriibishh @virginskin1 @saucey @Blushychic @Yakasse @Alyshia @flawlessBright @petiteopale @Mkkay @naymag @Dior @moon maiden
    @mioumiou @HikarinoUmi @KouriVini
    @slayanna
    I have been following the thread.. just haven't posted. My skincare goal for the 90 days is to be even. I don’t care for a particular shade as long as it’s even and smooth. I have spent the first month exfoliating. Since products will now penetrate better, I will be incorporated a few lightening products to help the darker areas. My skin colour ranges from nc42 to nc45. An even nc42 would be nice - just need to tackle my back, booty, knees, elbows and face (minor scars).

/ = or

AM
    Face:
    Kojie San/F&W AHA soap/Cetaphil
    Neoprosone Serum/NeoClear Serum
    IKB Gel
    Nadinola/Moisturizer
    SS

Body: Trouble Areas
    IKB Gel
    CW
    (SS on exposed skin)
    ——
    PM
    Face:
    IKB Gel
    LA Lotion/Nadinola

Body: Trouble Areas
    IKB Gel
    LA Lotion
    CW
    —-
    Weekend (Sat/Sun) - Moisturizing!!!!
    Sauna Suit w/my whipped shea butter mix
    --
    2x/month
    Lactic Acid Peel - knees, elbows, hands, feet, face.

Nothing is set on stone but this is the guide - I always switch it up by skipping or adding products. It all depends on how my skin is doing.
    Last edited by Static; 03-06-2019 at 01:57 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessBright View Post
    ive started reading it , she hit a plateau around NC44 just like me !so she took a break etc then relightened to NC40 , but that was for her body, she said she didnt do much on her face just a serum ... its my face my main concern , i would like to get to NC 43 on my face , my body a part from my stubborn butt , can take " harsh" products , exfoliation etc but my face is so sensitive...😓
    You need lightening products that will not exfoliate you in anyway, KA, RA and ACID will exfoliate you so don't increase any of those and if you are using anything with vitamin c it will make you more golden than pale. Product with haluronic acid and B3 will calm your sensitive face then try good serum, gel, cream or oil and layer them after one another.
    Beauties are fair and slim.

ive started reading it , she hit a plateau around NC44 just like me !so she took a break etc then relightened to NC40 , but that was for her body, she said she didnt do much on her face just a serum ... its my face my main concern , i would like to get to NC 43 on my face , my body a part from my stubborn butt , can take " harsh" products , exfoliation etc but my face is so sensitive...😓
    You need lightening products that will not exfoliate you in anyway, KA, RA and ACID will exfoliate you so don't increase any of those and if you are using anything with vitamin c it will make you more golden than pale. Product with haluronic acid and B3 will calm your sensitive face then try good serum, gel, cream or oil and layer them after one another.
    Yes!! thank you , i use hyaluronic acid ! but i didnt know for B3 - i grabbed a bottle of The ordinary alpha arbutin serum , i used it today , i will use that from now on , especially on the sides of my face , like above the cheekbones , which darkens easily for me ...looking like ochronosis at times...but since it ligtens with hydroquinone , kligmans formula or kojic acid , i know its not ochronosis , cause it cant be lightened its permanent. i think its the constant flaking from ikb gel ...idk why that gel makes me flake ...
    and in the ordinary serum theres hyaluronic acid ! so thats great

Yes!! thank you , i use hyaluronic acid ! but i didnt know for B3 - i grabbed a bottle of The ordinary alpha arbutin serum , i used it today , i will use that from now on , especially on the sides of my face , like above the cheekbones , which darkens easily for me ...looking like ochronosis at times...but since it ligtens with hydroquinone , kligmans formula or kojic acid , i know its not ochronosis , cause it cant be lightened its permanent. i think its the constant flaking from ikb gel ...idk why that gel makes me flake ...
    Good hope for the best.

[QUOTE=Dsk;1657141]
    Quote Originally Posted by slayanna View Post
    I opted for hq because the rest of my body is golden yellow. Chest down. Just my face and neck is kinda red, I'm really just trying to even out in the safest way possible. Kojic stopped working for me. And I've been exfoliating my face with papaya for about two months. I'm rarely in the sun, 10mins max daily and wear a physical sunscreen religiously. Also ikb broke me out. I'm leaning towards hq and ra cos of ra's helping with the texture of the skin. I just started taking MSm, vitamin c, ala, nac, vitamin a and zinc
    @Dsk I've been maintaining my skintone for years. Everyone I know that used HQ on their face had side effects and redarkened. Since you don't have many shades to lighten I recommend you don't use HQ. You can still get yellow tone by balancing vitamin C with Kojic or Alpha Arbutin lighteners. Vitamin C will get you yellow. Muse has maintained his skintone on his face for 2 years without HQ. I'm just saying I've learned something over the years and HQ is just not good for the face.

Check his thread:
    https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...onal-goal-skin
    My fave threads: Hidden Content https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/52625-HOW-I-GOT-MY-KNUCKLES-ON-FLEEK-(pic)

@TRIUMPH if I am already using a ka serum on my face does that mean I won’t need to use any exfoliating products because of serum alredy exfoliating

Quote Originally Posted by shawtykid20 View Post
    @TRIUMPH if I am already using a ka serum on my face does that mean I won’t need to use any exfoliating products because of serum alredy exfoliating
    You need exfoliant especially for your face. Every acid work in a different way, KA exfoliate at high % that is why kojie San and Marie france professional strength kojic soap used for a long time make your skin thin. It should be used more to lighten skin especially in a serum.
    RA exfoliate by making the upper layer thin but the lower layer is thicker SA go deeper into the skin to remove impurities LA add moisture to your skin while GA which is smaller than LA go deeper in to the skin to exfoliate it and reduce pore size.
    Don't depend on KA to exfoliate your face.

Good hope for the best.
    thank you ! do u know any other good face serum without acids ?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements