Skin Care Talk banner

Peeling and La lotion 12% lactic Acid

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Doricita 
#1 ·
So I’ve been using lactic acid lotion the 12% one and then I wait 15 minutes then put Carolight cream. I’ve been doing this for 4 days (day and night) and I’m peeling already (obviously because of the la lotion) . But in some places it’s peeling in patches, mostly on my stomach and inner thighs .. ?? (Legs and arms and back are not peeling yet) so I’m a little scared because I’m wondering if my skin will end up being even ? I do NOT want to lighten in patches and end up having siffeeenr colours everywhere.. so how does the peeling thing work ? And what can I do to ensure I peel evenly and also .. is using la lotion twice a day too much or is it okay?

#2 ·
Peeling in patches is going happen when you use an all over la lotion because some of your skin is naturally occluded. So you won't peel evenly if you don't do adjustments. The places you notice that peel faster, don't apply lotion on them but once or twice a week. Peeling works differenlty for different people so just pay attention to your skin. If one place peels before all the others, apply some coconut oil or olive oil to those places before you put you la lotion on the rest of the places. If you want to peel more evenly, then do weekly lactic acid peels on the harder to peel places like knees, elbows, feet and hands. I wouldnt advise using la lotion twice a day unless it was a weaker strength. Maybe you can do it on the places that aren't peeling as fast but in my experience applying lotion to certain areas is hard. If you do choose this route, make sure to pre-cover the areas you don't want lactic acided with some type of moisturizing barrier such as one of the oils I mentioned.

The basic thing is to pay attention to your skin. You may be able to use la lotion twice a day but you dont want hyperpigmentation because that takes a lot longer to fix. Take it slow and easy and listen and look at your skin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.