Corn????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Corn????

Corn????

Help me identify this on my feet
    I have had these dark patches for 3 years, they were first corns then I would always use a blade to shade off the dead skin. I don’t know if that also contributed. No anyone please help me with what I can use to get rid of them am tired of wearing jeans 😩😩

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

You have to do several peel stop wearing sandals and stop using razor blades
    Beauties are fair and slim.

What peels would you recommend?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Are you sure you haven't used any type of lotion/product that gave you this result???? That kind of damage took some work. I would occlude them for a few days and see if you can't lift some of that. Its going to take some trial and error to find out what will work. The feet are a difficult area to begin with, so you have to be patient. You can't dive in thinking one thing is going to fix it. You will have to ease into whatever route you take.

Also check your shoes and make sure they are not too tight and or too loose, friction is your worse enemy!! Be sure nothing is rubbing this area, and cover if in the sun.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

It started As a corn from wearing tight toes, am a size 4 but I would always go for a 3, I had a things for tight shoes. I didn’t have much knowledge about skin so I ignored it till it started getting darker, I would always shade off the dead skin with a blade whenever I wanted to wear slippers. I have used lightening lotions/serums to lighten that area but it gets more darker. I exfoliate the area with baking soda and pumice but nothing. I would like to try out something before I visit a dermatologist. It looks like that cause I recently used to occlude with Clonovate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
    It started As a corn from wearing tight toes, am a size 4 but I would always go for a 3, I had a things for tight shoes. I didn’t have much knowledge about skin so I ignored it till it started getting darker, I would always shade off the dead skin with a blade whenever I wanted to wear slippers. I have used lightening lotions/serums to lighten that area but it gets more darker. I exfoliate the area with baking soda and pumice but nothing. I would like to try out something before I visit a dermatologist. It looks like that cause I recently used to occlude with Clonovate.
    THIS is the culprit, as well as baking soda being way too harsh, but thats nothing compared to Clonovate. What I would do is keep the area moisturized moisturized moisturized, wear sock and loose shoes, even if flip flops but keep your feet covered with socks. A little TLC will go a long ways, but you have to stop with the products, especially clonovate......stop using razor blades and let your skin heal. Once healed and this will take time, if not weeks, so don't be in a hurry to clear things up tomorrow because its not going to happen over night. Let the skin heal for, give the area some TLC, once healed, then try occluding with LA lotion. Take pictures once a week and update here, I want to follow and see how things are going for you.

In the meantime, I am going to try and pull up an old thread you need to read through......had a similar situation with a member and she made HUGE progress by following the advice we gave her. I will find it so you can see light at the end of the tunnel if you are patient and wait for it

Ok, here is the thread........the members name is Mamsie I want you to start reading on post #2601, a few past that you will see her photo.......THAT is where she started....with a few helping hands she made a complete turnaround......
    https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...ometin/page261

And here is an entire thread she created with updates......https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...Face-Big-Smile

I hope this makes you realize that there is hope for you, and what you think is a bad, isn't compared to what others have faced. Mamsies entire face was the color of burned toast, and with baby steps and a whole lot of patience she was able to fix things. But in order to make progress you have to be willing to listen and take the advice given to you.

HbbThank you so much, am learning a lot . I now think I have been doing the wrong thing all this while. I haven’t used Clonovate for two weeks, I will give my skin another 2-3 weeks to heal. To think a friend recommended baking soda to be a good exfoliator psssh. Am not familiar with LA lotion and when I googled I noticed there were different type of bottles. Is there a specific one? Or could you share a pic.
    Am starting to go through the thread you have shared.

Am starting to read the thread you have shared, I already have hope the will fade away, I will be patient and consistent cause am always trying different things one after the other. I can’t wait to share my progress with everyone as soon as I start the the process

Quote Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
    Thank you so much, am learning a lot . I now think I have been doing the wrong thing all this while. I haven’t used Clonovate for two weeks, I will give my skin another 2-3 weeks to heal. To think a friend recommended baking soda to be a good exfoliator psssh. Am not familiar with LA lotion and when I googled I noticed there were different type of bottles. Is there a specific one? Or could you share a pic.
    Am starting to go through the thread you have shared.

Am starting to read the thread you have shared, I already have hope the will fade away, I will be patient and consistent cause am always trying different things one after the other. I can’t wait to share my progress with everyone as soon as I start the the process
    @Bluu I am glad your learning, thats why this forum exist, to help and learn from each other.

I am not sure where your located or if things are easy to come by, but for LA lotion I would look for Amlactin looks like this
    https://www.amazon.com/AmLactin-12-M.../dp/B000TTPZQ6

There are others so if this is something you can't find locally, let me know and I will give you other options.

Most people don't realize the damage baking soda does, it might be ok short term, but the long term damage isn't even worth it! Its way too abrasive not to mention destroys your skins barrier......just another one of those, live and learn products. And YES, please do come back and keep this thread updated, I would love to see how things turn out for you just be patient and take it one day at a time, and you will be good to go

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @Bluu I am glad your learning, thats why this forum exist, to help and learn from each other.

I am not sure where your located or if things are easy to come by, but for LA lotion I would look for Amlactin looks like this
    https://www.amazon.com/AmLactin-12-M.../dp/B000TTPZQ6

There are others so if this is something you can't find locally, let me know and I will give you other options.

Most people don't realize the damage baking soda does, it might be ok short term, but the long term damage isn't even worth it! Its way too abrasive not to mention destroys your skins barrier......just another one of those, live and learn products. And YES, please do come back and keep this thread updated, I would love to see how things turn out for you just be patient and take it one day at a time, and you will be good to go
    @gymrat am in awe about the two thread you shared. I can’t even manage what she was going through. I have had low self esteem for the past few years an glad I came along this site. I have so much hope right now.

Am from zambia and such products are hard to come by except getting them online. Maybe you can suggest something else I might find locally. I have stopped using blades,Clonovate and baking soda. Thank you so much for your help.

Ps: am still trying to figure out how to use this site using a phone

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements