Skin darkening HQ - Page 2

Thread: Skin darkening HQ

Quote Originally Posted by bumi View Post

One question still. Hydroquinone seems to cause severe damage to the corneal. There are serveral studies about that. I think we should take this very seriously !!! The problem is that I'm not sure if it's enough to simply don't let it get into your eye. Firstly, if you completely keep it away from the eye you should end up with huge dark circles around there since no HQ is getting there. Secondly, HQ dust can also make it's way into the air. One study stated that even little concentration of HQ particles in the air can cause permanent damage. I cannot recall the exact value but it was only a few mg per m^3. So the question is, will this be problematic ? The study focussed on workes in a HQ factory so one could argue that at home this shouldn't be relevant since there's not so much of it around as in a factory. On the other hand 1mg/m^3 is really not much :/ But then again, many people use professional HQ creams abundantly even in the area around the eyes and we have not heard anything about people going blind from it.

Any suggestions ? This is somewhat unsettling to me. I even considered using swim goggles during the night when I mix/apply it ^^. What do you think ?
    Oh wow, I was thinking of throwing the HQ powder I have out since I have mequinol now, and I trust MQ more than HQ! I have noticed how dusty HQ can be, and I didn't like it.
    I honestly have gotten HQ (in cream form) in my eyes more than once lol, but I wear contacts.
    Either way I have kids and I don't need them getting that in their eye. In the bin it goes! I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

But --- for you, they might mean the powder itself moreso than it being in a lotion. Like I said I can't count how many times I've gotten carowhite or something else in my eyes and nothing happened. I even recently got MQ in my eyes (very minor stinging).

You'll have to use some kind of lightener. I have darker circles around my eyes because I don't use something on my eyes enough
    Last edited by whitemermaid; 05-01-2019 at 06:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by whitemermaid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beautymark. View Post
    I never made HQ lotion because it’s too complicated. But I had success with my HQ diy serum. I am well versed with HQ down to the chemical formula and It’s very easy to work imo. Never put HQ and water on your skin it will immediately turn it brown which means it has been oxidized. I would recommend hq and PG over DRG because PG is non greasy and absorbs quick. The trick is to apply it very lightly over your skin that way it won’t oxidize. I used about 1-2 pumps on each body part Also LA lotion helps it penetrate your skin better. I use 5% for face and 10% for body. No need to overthink hun. the results are beautiful a high golden yellow and it’s so worth it. I NEVER had any issues with hq because I know how to use it properly but Trust me a lot of people on here know their stuff. Any questions?? we’re here
    Do you use sodium metabisulfite with it to keep from oxidizing?
    nope i just keep it out of lights and lasts about 2 weeks 10% HQ
    ON THE ROAD OF RE-LIGHTENING AND IT WILL DEFINITELY BE EPIC!!

Hello
    I personally make my lotions and cream from scratch, i dissolve HQ with rose water and pour into my home made cream with vitamin e oil.
    Preservative that works well for me is methyparaben and citric acid

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Short HQ question: HQ is banned where I live so I have to dissolve it in water and then apply it. I stopped because it had an overall darkening effect on my skin. Is this normal and I should keep going on and just apply more sun screen or is this a sign of unwanted oxidation or whatever ?
    Please help

I saw there are some threads on the topic but only concerning ready-made cremes so I'm a little oncerned.

Greetings bumi
    Could you list ingredients you use? Your skin darkens because it is irritated by your lotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Swee's mirror View Post
    Hello
    I personally make my lotions and cream from scratch, i dissolve HQ with rose water and pour into my home made cream with vitamin e oil.
    Preservative that works well for me is methyparaben and citric acid
    Long time no see women.
    Beauties are fair and slim.

Hey @whitemermaid , yes you should be especially careful if you have children. good decision. I think I'll contact some experts before carrying on with the HQ. What's the sense of lighter skin if you can't see it anymore how is your succes with mequinol ? all I heard is it takes forever to start working, it can give you spots and has higher cytotoxity than HQ making it permanent.

@Titi I only used HQ and dissolved it in water. So you think the darkening came from irritation ? What can I do differently next time or should I just have carried on ? I have stopped since, because I wasn't sure about it and also because I want to enjoy the sun during summer. I think I'll spend the summer searching the easiest recipe that works and then start in autmn. I'll try propylene glycol and maybe ethanol next time. Also I think I'll try to use a higher concentration but wash it off after an hour or so. I hope it works because it would safe jut soooo much money compared to the ready-made cremes. You can make 5l or 1,3gal of 2% HQ lotion for around 60 EUR. Thats super, super much.

@ Everybody
    Is there any chance to lighten your skin and still spend time in the sun or this a general no no ?

Hey @whitemermaid , yes you should be especially careful if you have children. good decision. I think I'll contact some experts before carrying on with the HQ. What's the sense of lighter skin if you can't see it anymore how is your succes with mequinol ? all I heard is it takes forever to start working, it can give you spots and has higher cytotoxity than HQ making it permanent.

@Titi I only used HQ and dissolved it in water. So you think the darkening came from irritation ? What can I do differently next time or should I just have carried on ? I have stopped since, because I wasn't sure about it and also because I want to enjoy the sun during summer. I think I'll spend the summer searching the easiest recipe that works and then start in autmn. I'll try propylene glycol and maybe ethanol next time. Also I think I'll try to use a higher concentration but wash it off after an hour or so. I hope it works because it would safe jut soooo much money compared to the ready-made cremes. You can make 5l or 1,3gal of 2% HQ lotion for around 60 EUR. Thats super, super much.

@ Everybody
    Is there any chance to lighten your skin and still spend time in the sun or this a general no no ?
    As soon as you use hq like main ingredient, the formula must contains:

HQ + Something to calm the irritation + An Emollient + Something to increase the cells turn over.

@beautymark. I bought PG but my HQ does not really seem to dissolve in it ? Any idea ?

Hq is overrated, you're skin probably didn't agree with it

@Annamarie6 what do you prefer over HQ ?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements