Skin Care Talk banner

Mequinol journey

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Jamie28 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here and this is my first post. Just wanted to find out a few things regarding mequinol. I'm currently on a skin lightening journey, started off with natural home remedies, then went onto Kojic acid, eventually HQ, then mequinol (only for a day) and now alpha arbutin. I couldn't stand the odour of mequinol so I just formulated a serum with alpha arbutin, aloe Vera and retin a. However, I want to incorporate mequinol in it, because I hear it's potent. My question is, does anyone know how to remove / mask the odour of mequinol. The smell is really nauseating 🤢 Thanks

#4 ·
I'm not sure how to respond to you but I hope I'm doing the right thing lol.
I'm from south africa. However I purchased my mequinol from aliexpress. I was fortunate to meet a genuine seller. He sent me all the regulatory certificates so I know it's the real stuff ☺
Mequinol isn't used here in SA as well.

May I ask what nation you are in? My friend in Germany says he can't find it and he's not having much luck in Poland either 😞

Finding a 10% in America is impossible.[/QUOTE]

#7 ·
Hi guys

I have been using HQ for about 6 weeks with Retin A, i have been following this tread .Mequinol seems a safer alternative , so my question is do i have to wean myself off of HQ before i start Mequinol or can i swap over straight away .
Thanks in advance for your response

#9 ·
@liilyjill
Hi i would say that the most noticible differance is the melasma is getting lighter but overall i would say 1 shade as when i started i went to the Mac counter and she said i was a NC42 and gave me a little sample pot which 6 weeks later is to Dark for me. The HQ is the one with the one with Hydroquinone 4%,Fluocinolone and tretinoin 0.5.
I have placed an order for my Mequinole from america .

#12 ·
Hi guys, don't know why I don't receive notifications. Just an update.
I've stopped the mequinol lol. I honestly can't handle the odour. Definitely not for me. I'm sticking to alpha arbutin. I've dissolved mine in rose water, added retin A and mixed it with aloe Vera gel. I've been using it for a Month now. Also started using it on my entire body, I am seeing evening lightening.. But very slowly. Before my lightening journey (prior to HQ) I was an NC42, I'm currently NC35.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.