Mitchell Brands - 30% off until 5/12 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Thread: Mitchell Brands - 30% off until 5/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gummi Bear View Post
    Currently I'm just using carowhite (jar), KA soap, Korean towel, shea butter, olive oil, sunblock. I think I may have hit a plateau for the face & ears, because they haven't lightened any further for a week now. But, the dark hyperpigmentation has faded & more even, my neck/shoulders have almost caught up with the face & close to the same shade (which had became very dark brown shades dark over the years).

The only Mitchell brand I've ever used, that I know of, was carotis gel for face/neck on 2 occasions. It only lightened me to about a shade & a half and gave an orangesh tint. This will be my first time trying ikb or precious, but I only want to use them for the face & neck. I read good reviews of them. I have LA 88%, currently reading through threads best way to mix this for the body & face.

I got Carotis too so I'm curious about what effect it will have. Does it make you orange and dark or does it make your undertone warmer?

You can make a light lotion with LA - its really easy and you don't need very much for it to be effective.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PinotNoir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummi Bear View Post
    Currently I'm just using carowhite (jar), KA soap, Korean towel, shea butter, olive oil, sunblock. I think I may have hit a plateau for the face & ears, because they haven't lightened any further for a week now. But, the dark hyperpigmentation has faded & more even, my neck/shoulders have almost caught up with the face & close to the same shade (which had became very dark brown shades dark over the years).

The only Mitchell brand I've ever used, that I know of, was carotis gel for face/neck on 2 occasions. It only lightened me to about a shade & a half and gave an orangesh tint. This will be my first time trying ikb or precious, but I only want to use them for the face & neck. I read good reviews of them. I have LA 88%, currently reading through threads best way to mix this for the body & face.

I got Carotis too so I'm curious about what effect it will have. Does it make you orange and dark or does it make your undertone warmer?

You can make a light lotion with LA - its really easy and you don't need very much for it to be effective.
    Some people like it. I've only used the gel & I didn't mix it with anything. It did lighten noticeably some, and didn't make me dark. Had given me an orange tint. I noticed it had lightened one of my relatives to a minimum degree with orange tint as well, not as in a glow or golden undertone... more like an orange stain on the skin from it's orange colour dye. But if I compare it to some of the other products I have used, for me it wasn't something I'd run back to over other brands, yet I'm not against it's use either and is better than other things I had used. Perhaps it works better when mixed with something else or perhaps the serum & other Carotis products produce more lightening, I'm not certain.
    Some people say using kojic soap helps reduce orange tint from the skin. With the carowhite I haven't noticed an orange stain, perhaps kojic soap has helped prevent that from occurring.
    Last edited by Gummi Bear; 05-12-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks for the info - I might mix it with other stuff then and not keep it concentrated

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PinotNoir View Post
    Thanks for the info - I might mix it with other stuff then and not keep it concentrated
    Try doing a search in the search tool here of the brand and ask what it can be mixed with. Because often when a product is mixed, it's percentage of the active ingredient is diluted. Some ingredients do not interact well with others with some brands also.

Thanks, I've been sticking to Mitchell brand products so I'll keep like with like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritzy View Post
    I definitely peel from my IKB mix but that's having the serum mixed with the lotion. I haven't actually tried using the serum alone just yet.
    Do you apply the mix and the IKB lotion on your face?

I used the lotion on my face recently and it broke me out.., but I'm not sure if it's just skin purging

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel97 View Post
    Do you apply the mix and the IKB lotion on your face?

I used the lotion on my face recently and it broke me out.., but I'm not sure if it's just skin purging
    No, I don't use anything on my face at the moment. Sorry. But when I do begin to use IKB (gel) on my face I plan on using it along with the Cerave SA Cream to prevent breakouts. See this thread:

https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...t-from-ikb-gel

Hope that helps.

No, I don't use anything on my face at the moment. Sorry. But when I do begin to use IKB (gel) on my face I plan on using it along with the Cerave SA Cream to prevent breakouts. See this thread:

https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...t-from-ikb-gel

Hope that helps.
    @Ritzy Hi, would u mix with something else alongside using it with d cerave SA cream??

@chiny , No, I don't intend to mix it with anything else other than the SA cream.
    Last edited by Ritzy; 05-29-2019 at 06:42 AM.

@chiny, No, I don't intend to mix it with anything else other than the SA cream.
    @Ritzy Does it REALLY Lighten that way alone (just d two of them together) ??

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements