How do i get rid of this ? - Page 2

Thread: How do i get rid of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by sessy View Post
    I think this a type of exogenous ochronosis due to a long term used of hydroquinone based products. It takes forever to fade away even when you quit using hydroquinone products. you can try aloe vera pure gel. I experienced this when i incorporate acidic products to my regimen ( big mistake ).my skin doesn't like anything with acid period.
    I learned it the hard way. I used vitamin c serum I know it an acidic product, I experienced lot of acnes but it helped decrease the dark area on my eyes sides.
    after years it improved very well. I don't use any lightening soap I use Dove soap, exfoliate manually once a week, wish hazel toner and apply my nadinola cream ....also I don't use any type of steroid on my face ( steroid is the devil )Just to say AHAs and steroid based products are not for everyone.
    Wow i think we got the same skin type ! i havent used hydroquinone for more than 3 months on my face , ive only used arbutin , and sometimes kojic acid! - but i realized that if a product contain just a little bit of acid ( aha, bha) i get those dark patches ! At first i thought it was the arbutin, but when i decreased my use of acids, the dark spots would take longer to appear- its always the exact same areas that darken , it does that to u too ? -
    ive been using an hyaluronic serum for the past 3 weeks , and a week ago i noticed in the ingredients that there's sodium lactate and phytic acid , after doing some research , i saw that they can both exfoliate , sodium lactate is the second ingredient , phytic acid is in the last tho ...whenever i would wash my face and dry it , my skin would look slightly shiny , i guess this was due to exfoliation right ? ( from that hyaluronic serum) so i discontinued ...
    Last edited by flawlessBright; 06-03-2019 at 03:03 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I used vitamin c serum I know it an acidic product, I experienced lot of acnes but it helped decrease the dark area on my eyes sides.
    what do u mean , u used an acidic vitamin c serum or that vitamin c serum is acidic ?

vitamin c is acidic,whenever i use any serum any or acid based products that gives me some big pimples all over my face. but I had no choice to use vitamin c serum at that time because that was the only product that diminish the dark areas on my face ! when the dark areas get better i just stick on simple products and that give me great results.
    I can't stand RUDE people.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

vitamin c is acidic,whenever i use any serum any or acid based products that gives me some big pimples all over my face. but I had no choice to use vitamin c serum at that time because that was the only product that diminish the dark areas on my face ! when the dark areas get better i just stick on simple products and that give me great results.
    i forgot to reply !
    thank u so much for your help ! i just started using nadinola , i hope it works ! i cant deal with those dark sides of face, with them the whole world knows i bleach, im so sad ...

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessBright View Post
    bump: any advice ? did anyone get rid of similar dark spots over cheekbones ?
    @flawlessBright have you tried lactic acid lotion, I used diy lotion to spot treat it works. Also use a good physical blocker sunscreen like burnout.
    Once you are well exfoliated layer with your lightening agent. Keep me posted about your journey dear.

Vitamin C seems to make my facial skin darker. IKB gel isn't working anymore for face....any suggestions? Would IKB serum be better? Any recommendations on gels and/or serums?

Quote Originally Posted by kajal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flawlessBright View Post
    bump: any advice ? did anyone get rid of similar dark spots over cheekbones ?
    @flawlessBright have you tried lactic acid lotion, I used diy lotion to spot treat it works. Also use a good physical blocker sunscreen like burnout.
    Once you are well exfoliated layer with your lightening agent. Keep me posted about your journey dear.
    thanks but im staying away from acids , even the lowest % irritates the sides of my face - thats exactly what im not looking for , i want a non acidic product to lighten the side of my face

Quote Originally Posted by 2toned View Post
    Vitamin C seems to make my facial skin darker. IKB gel isn't working anymore for face....any suggestions? Would IKB serum be better? Any recommendations on gels and/or serums?
    your whole face ? or the side of your face like me ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2toned View Post
    try kojic serum like maxiwhite works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by pengcaramelglo View Post
    try kojic serum like maxiwhite works like a charm
    Wouldn't the serum be to strong to use on the face alone?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements