Skin Care Talk banner

How do i get rid of this ?

9K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  flawlessBright 
#1 ·
Help please , i have those darks spot on each side of my face .... i dont know what to do anymore to get rid of them , they stay light for two weeks , then turn back black/brown ... i always use sunscreen, a hat etc HELP ME PLEASE.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
kligmans formula ( HQ + retin a + 1% hydrocortisone) for 2 months, it was going good , than i got some irritation from the retin a i think , took a break then used mitchel brand gel /serum ( arbutin) , then tonique for a month and then an arbutin serum - i exfoliated my face a few times with tonique exfoliating soap ( theres no AHA in it ) , i wonder if thats what thinned out my skin...

#6 ·
so recently like a week ago i used an apple stem cell serum from MUAC and the reviews were good on the site - but last night i went on amazon and read reviews of other stem cell serums , and a lot reported irritation , skin flaking , red tiny bumps - and i did get tiny red bumps , and my skin seemed shiny/thin as if it was exfoliated ...- so maybe that serum caused those dark spot to come back , the inflammation caused PiH

#10 ·
I think this a type of exogenous ochronosis due to a long term used of hydroquinone based products. It takes forever to fade away even when you quit using hydroquinone products. you can try aloe vera pure gel. I experienced this when i incorporate acidic products to my regimen ( big mistake ).my skin doesn't like anything with acid period.
I learned it the hard way. I used vitamin c serum I know it an acidic product, I experienced lot of acnes but it helped decrease the dark area on my eyes sides.
after years it improved very well. I don't use any lightening soap I use Dove soap, exfoliate manually once a week, wish hazel toner and apply my nadinola cream ....also I don't use any type of steroid on my face ( steroid is the devil )Just to say AHAs and steroid based products are not for everyone.

#11 · (Edited)
Wow i think we got the same skin type ! i havent used hydroquinone for more than 3 months on my face , ive only used arbutin , and sometimes kojic acid! - but i realized that if a product contain just a little bit of acid ( aha, bha) i get those dark patches ! At first i thought it was the arbutin, but when i decreased my use of acids, the dark spots would take longer to appear- its always the exact same areas that darken , it does that to u too ? -
ive been using an hyaluronic serum for the past 3 weeks , and a week ago i noticed in the ingredients that there's sodium lactate and phytic acid , after doing some research , i saw that they can both exfoliate , sodium lactate is the second ingredient , phytic acid is in the last tho ...whenever i would wash my face and dry it , my skin would look slightly shiny , i guess this was due to exfoliation right ? ( from that hyaluronic serum) so i discontinued ...

#13 ·
vitamin c is acidic,whenever i use any serum any or acid based products that gives me some big pimples all over my face. but I had no choice to use vitamin c serum at that time because that was the only product that diminish the dark areas on my face ! when the dark areas get better i just stick on simple products and that give me great results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.