Skin Care Talk banner

Skin lighter, but not even..

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  skintimate 
#1 ·
Hi Y'all! 😃

So, I've started on the skin lightening journey about a month ago, and have been alternating between two products. Palmer's Skin Success, which has only 2% hydroquinone, but synergistic ingredients, like retinol, and also Nadinola, which seems to only have the hydroquinone, but at 3%! Mostly, I've been using the latter!

I have no idea if these are the best products, or the fastest, I have heard good things about many other products, such as Fair and White, but not these specifically.

So, a month later, my skin is a lot lighter, 'though not as light as I would like. It's coming fairly close to matching the rest of my body though, where I am combating sun exposure. One of the issues I was having was freckling though, from alkaline digestion. My skin is a fair amount lighter, but is still not even, and does not quite have 'that glow'. I'm just looking for thoughts on my path so far, I'm only about a month, or a month and-a-half in.

May I please get any feedback? 😁

I'm white, by-the-way, with a touch of Latin, and male, if it matters..

Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
Also wondering. Does hydroquinone work better on skin which is more acid, or alkaline? The reason I ask, is because sometimes, I wash with soap, and other times, I wash with vinegar before putting my hydroquinone on. To me, it seems like it works better when I've washed with vinegar, 'though I have no foundation on which to base this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.