No change seen after 4% hydroquinone (almost 1 month)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: No change seen after 4% hydroquinone (almost 1 month)

No change seen after 4% hydroquinone (almost 1 month)

I have post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation on my body that is brown in color. I had done TCA peels on cut scars which left me with dark skin where I had applied the peels. I have been using 4% hydroquinone (in a tube from the pharmacy) on these spots once daily for around 25 days now with no change. Am I doing something wrong? The directions on the package do not say to exfoliate beforehand, etc. Would be thankful for any advice.
    Last edited by dina1234; 06-27-2019 at 07:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Ooh, this sounds really painful.

Open wounds or spots that aren’t healed like normal skin should not get TCA peels or any peels for that matter. Do not exfoliate these spots either.

Just focus on moisturizing these parts for now... so they can heal. The tissue is almost raw like if it’s as bad as it sounds.
    Bleaching ain't a hobby, it's a way of life. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BrightB93 View Post
    Ooh, this sounds really painful.

Open wounds or spots that aren’t healed like normal skin should not get TCA peels or any peels for that matter. Do not exfoliate these spots either.

Just focus on moisturizing these parts for now... so they can heal. The tissue is almost raw like if it’s as bad as it sounds.

Umm, they are fully healed. It's normal skin but just darker. Sort of like the marks you get on your face from acne. I'm not stupid to put hydroquinone on open wounds.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dina1234 View Post
    Umm, they are fully healed. It's normal skin but just darker. Sort of like the marks you get on your face from acne. I'm not stupid to put hydroquinone on open wounds.
    Your post was not clear. And it’s hard to tell with no images. You said pih. You shouldn’t be putting anything on pih either because it is like a wound.

You said you used for 25 days...
    You also did did not say how long these were there before so how was I or anyone else supposed to give you help. Lol.
    Last edited by BrightB93; 06-28-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Bleaching ain't a hobby, it's a way of life. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dina1234 View Post
    I have post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation on my body that is brown in color. I had done TCA peels on cut scars which left me with dark skin where I had applied the peels. I have been using 4% hydroquinone (in a tube from the pharmacy) on these spots once daily for around 25 days now with no change. Am I doing something wrong? The directions on the package do not say to exfoliate beforehand, etc. Would be thankful for any advice.
    @dina1234

Hey, I opted out of using HQ months ago. It either was slow or made me red. Try mixing HQ products to make the percentage even stronger then it’s original percentage.
    Go through the thread and you can see my Carowhite Mega mix that worked wonders. Also , you can try the Koji Acid route. To me, Kojic acid has helped my PIH more then HQ. Hope I helped

Quote Originally Posted by Lightpapi View Post
    @dina1234

Hey, I opted out of using HQ months ago. It either was slow or made me red. Try mixing HQ products to make the percentage even stronger then it’s original percentage.
    Go through the thread and you can see my Carowhite Mega mix that worked wonders. Also , you can try the Koji Acid route. To me, Kojic acid has helped my PIH more then HQ. Hope I helped
    Is this normal though? I just applied glycolic acid to the spots in the hopes that it might speed things up a bit. Do you think I should use the HQ I have for another month or would it be futile? I attached a picture of the marks. These are just two but there are a few more that look like this.

marks1.png

@dina1234

What kojic acid cream do you use?

@Lightpapi did you hear the news about dodo?

Quote Originally Posted by Manay View Post
    @dina1234

Hey, I opted out of using HQ months ago. It either was slow or made me red. Try mixing HQ products to make the percentage even stronger then it’️s original percentage.
    What kojic acid cream do you use?
    @Manay I use Dodo and Bio mixed together. They’re both Kojic based. However I don’t recommend using it. Everyone is looking at me funny because of the controversy behind those two creams.

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarie6 View Post
    @Lightpapi did you hear the news about dodo?
    @Annamarie6 What news?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements