Mercury in Pink Lid G&g Teint uniforme
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Mercury in Pink Lid G&g Teint uniforme

Mercury in Pink Lid G&g Teint uniforme

&#83;o I &#115;ent a &#115;ample of pink lid g&g Teint Uniforme to a lab and the product doe&#115; contain trace amount&#115; of mercury (.005 ppm to be exact). I &#115;ay trace amount&#115; becau&#115;e it i&#115; le&#115;&#115; than what i&#115; found in fi&#115;h that we con&#115;ume. The average &#115;erving of fi&#115;h ha&#115; .2 ppm. Ma&#115;cara and other eye make up co&#115;metic&#115; have a legal limit of < 1 ppm.

I'll pa&#115;te the link&#115; of &#115;ome article&#115; below that can help with under&#115;tanding what the&#115;e number&#115; mean and compari&#115;on. I wi&#115;h it had zero ppm of mercury but hone&#115;tly I only u&#115;e it once a week, &#115;o I'm not too worried about tho&#115;e minu&#115;cule amount&#115;, however if you feel you are already getting more than enough mercury from other product&#115; you are u&#115;ing and fi&#115;h, it wouldn't be unrea&#115;onable to cut thi&#115; product out.

I will &#115;end more &#115;ample&#115; to te&#115;t thi&#115; product for HQ and &#115;teroid&#115; and let you guy&#115; know what I find. Plea&#115;e chime in if you can help better under&#115;tand the re&#115;ult&#115; and amount of mercury.

http&#115;://www.fda.gov/co&#115;metic&#115;/potential-contaminant&#115;-co&#115;metic&#115;/fda&#115;-te&#115;ting-co&#115;metic&#115;-ar&#115;enic-cadmium-chromium-cobalt-lead-mercury-and-nickel-content

http://www1.udel.edu/chem/C465/&#115;enio...ury/health.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

You might want to copy and paste this again, lol

Sorry guys, skincaretalk works funky through my phones web browser, the OP is below:

So I sent a sample of pink lid g&g Teint Uniforme to a lab and the product does contain trace amounts of mercury (.005 ppm to be exact). I say trace amounts because it is less than what is found in fish that we consume. The average serving of fish has .2 ppm. Mascara and other eye make up cosmetics have a legal limit of < 1 ppm.

I'll paste the links of some articles below that can help with understanding what these numbers mean and comparison. I wish it had zero ppm of mercury but honestly I only use it once a week, so I'm not too worried about those minuscule amounts, however if you feel you are already getting more than enough mercury from other products you are using and fish, it wouldn't be unreasonable to cut this product out.

I will send more samples to test this product for HQ and steroids and let you guys know what I find. Please chime in if you can help better understand the results and amount of mercury.

https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/potent...nickel-content

http://www1.udel.edu/chem/C465/senio...ury/health.htm

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Someone posted about it having mercury in it before, most of normal moisturiser have mercury in it aswell. Even food we eat has some mercury in it

Yes want to know if it has HQ or steroids

Quote Originally Posted by shawtykid20 View Post
    Someone posted about it having mercury in it before, most of normal moisturiser have mercury in it aswell. Even food we eat has some mercury in it
    Whenever asked people where always confused about if the pink lid also had mercury. It was confirmed that the red lid had mercury but much uncertainty was surrounding the pink lid. This confirms that the pink lid has mercury.

Not sure if you read the post or just the title. I mentioned the food and beautiful products.

I will also run lab tests on whether it has steroids and HQ and update you all on the results.
    Last edited by caramelgirl; 07-11-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks for confirming this! I always assumed the pink lid was the safe one, but I guess that's fine... I'll just up my oregano intake for now on when I use it

Quote Originally Posted by Coconutte View Post
    Thanks for confirming this! I always assumed the pink lid was the safe one, but I guess that's fine... I'll just up my oregano intake for now on when I use it [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skincaretalk.com/images/smilies/newsmiles/roflmao.gif[/IMG]
    Oregano helps with mercury intake? I may have to start sprinkling it on my tuna then.
    Last edited by caramelgirl; 07-11-2019 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelgirl View Post
    Oregano helps with mercury intake? I may have to start sprinkling it on my tuna then.
    Yep!
    Oregano helps detox the body of excess mercury and also passes the blood brain barrier. Cilantro is also good, and their essential oil versions work well. I discovered this after I looked into getting my mercury fillings removed for ways of keeping mercury from being reabsorbed.

Wish we can also get other popular products tested too... this will in turn help send a strong message to those greedy manufacturers, also inspire genuine producers to invest in quality ingredients.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements