Skin Care Talk banner

Products of 2019!!??

47K views 79 replies 29 participants last post by  pengcaramelglo 
#1 ·
Hi SCT,

So since the recent news of all our faves containing either mercury or steroids (Ugh), I feel we need to come together and help each other find new products.

If you have heard of or used any new products that have given you shade dropping results please join this discussion by adding to this thread.

I have not not been using any topicals recently and I do see a difference in maintaining being harder.

Hopefully, I can add to this post soon

#4 ·
I have to be really honest, despite running away from hq for a while, I have for the last couple of weeks used ct+ therapy carrot lotion mixed with a lot of glycerine and it has lightened me soo much within 3 weeks that I’m thinking of switching, I don’t use it every day yet it has lightened me for sure, no darkening of my knuckles either.

My neck, stomach and face lightened too much.

Ct therapy is known for really strong lightening but can also give dark knuckles. If anyone intends to use this please do your own research and check various reviews. I alternated this with supreme white lotion and will be switching as my face is a bit too light for me right now.

I used the ct one day then the next day my supreme white, weekends I used just supreme white. I believe the Ct did the major lightening.

#7 ·
My routine is very simple. I wash with ordinary body wash no exfoliating apart from the exfoliating Bath gloves. Then dry apply ct therapy which I mixed with supreme white glycerine. The next day same thing but I’d use supreme white body lotion. That’s is no supplements no apraxia soap.

I believe if you used the ct therapy every day it will lighten a lot more. I added the glycerine for moisture and to weaken the ct therapy lotion. After reading reviews online I knew i had to weaken it a bit

I have used ct therapy in the past mixed with its oil and it lightened a lot then but it darkened my jnuckles too and I think back then I was soo obsessed with supreme white products. So I ditched it.

I will be switching my routine again soon. But at the same time I’m glad I can always come back to this product for boost.

#6 ·
Following.. Currently 4 months post-partum and I've been using supreme white with GnG Cream and Also Amlactin for exfoliating,it just took 1-2shades off and didn't lighten me beyond that.I'm contemplating going back to Makari or Supplements.

#12 ·
As for new products/ingredients I’m planning on using tranexamic acid. It’s supposed to work better than 4% HQ and can be taken orally/intravenously/topically, topically is the best method as it has the least risk and side effects it’s very popular in Asian countries especially Japan! The only company I can find that uses this ingredient is belo I will be ordering and using their products as soon as I get some money lol! Here is a video I recommend you all watch, it’s a dermatologist taking about the use of the ingredients for melasma

#15 ·
@chiny @TRIUMPH and other naija babes. Have you come across this lotion? Went to buy clear nature lotion for my sister and so the store owner just started advertising this lotion to me o. "It's the hottest thing in the market now, Ull come back with testimony, no serum nor tubes needed. It's a complete package"....Haha. I don't trust it though. Looks iffy.
Product Material property
Product Material property

#21 ·
@chiny @TRIUMPH and other naija babes. Have you come across this lotion? Went to buy clear nature lotion for my sister and so the store owner just started advertising this lotion to me o. "It's the hottest thing in the market now, Ull come back with testimony, no serum nor tubes needed. It's a complete package"....Haha. I don't trust it though. Looks iffy.
View attachment 64073 View attachment 64075
@Anny83 Hi babes, I’ve actually never seen dat lotion before.... reason been dat ive been off skin-lightening anything for abt 3-4months (laziness) so my ears haven’t been on d ground for a long while now.
Just started exfoliating with alpha skincare 12% GA lotion... plan to do that every night for 3-4weeks hopefully.

Anyway in d meantime, have you heard about this face cream. The lady i saw says she uses it as her face cream.
Her face is flawless.

Attachments

#16 ·
I used that elida when I was back home about 2011( it’s not new but wasn’t popular back then)... It worked like magic, I didn’t use no serum or nothing. When I tell you I was fresh, I was flawless. 2 years down the line these crazy burnt knuckles came out of nowhere and terrible white patches( they didn’t start showing until after 2years of using it). I went through the ingredients list and noticed it had lye in it. I wasn’t on SCT then and I wasn’t skin building nor using sunscreen. The ingredients are probably different now but it worked and I had a golden undertone.

#27 ·
A lot of Raphe Pharmaceutique products have tranexamic acid as one of the active ingredients. I've used quite a few of their serums with success. A word of caution......most of their products are concentrated and will burn if you have sensitive skin. I find that I have to dilute with skin oil or distilled water before I apply to my skin.

#38 ·
Be weary of anything that lightens you quickly -- it isn't sustainable and you'll end up darker than when you started. We haven't discovered any drug that can give jaw dropping results in a few weeks only -- anything that does is most likely using steroids.

#39 ·
Be weary of anything that lightens you quickly -- it isn't sustainable and you'll end up darker than when you started. We haven't discovered any drug that can give jaw dropping results in a few weeks only -- anything that does is most likely using steroids.
Words of Wisdom :yes:
@arrow........where the heck have you been?!! Great to see you, hope summer is treating you well.

#60 ·
Hi guys, I've been trying to lighten my skin and I've been conducting research but am not getting anywhere with it. Can you guys recommend anything for me? Am in South Africa, current skin complexion ( old Kelly Rowland) and my goal is Bonang Matheba/ Gabriel Union. Please help a sister out. Thanks

#63 ·
Where are you uk girls purchasing your CT+ orange from? Are you able to share the eBay seller if it’s from eBay? I would like to use it again but there are so many fakes. And where are you getting the supreme white. I’m so tired of wasting my money on fakes. Especially when I’ve used the real versions before.

I was using it myself and it gives you the nicest yellow tone. I looked very very natural and got so many compliments. Unfortunately, I had to stop as I was getting stretch marks! This time round I will make sure I’m heavily moisturised and mix it with an oil. The lotion alone can be very drying.

#65 ·
Where are you uk girls purchasing your CT+ orange from? Are you able to share the eBay seller if it’️s from eBay? I would like to use it again but there are so many fakes. And where are you getting the supreme white. I’️m so tired of wasting my money on fakes. Especially when I’️ve used the real versions before.

I was using it myself and it gives you the nicest yellow tone. I looked very very natural and got so many compliments. Unfortunately, I had to stop as I was getting stretch marks! This time round I will make sure I’️m heavily moisturised and mix it with an oil. The lotion alone can be very drying.
Yes it’️s soo sad to hear most of these lighteners marketed as natural plant based bla bla bla mostly have hidden ingredients... I’️ve reconciled to the fact that I’️d probably still dabble in the lesser evil being hq....

May I ask where you purchase your supreme white and genuine ct+ lotion. If eBay are you able to share the seller? I’️m having difficulty finding the real ones on eBay.
I get my supreme white from quinx147
There are definitely fake supreme whites around but didn’t know ct had fakes too

As for ct being harsh that’s why I mixed mine with glycerine but I heard that it has mercury? That I will never go near again if it’s true

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.