Skin Care Talk banner

How far away is my goal and will my regime be enough (Pics inc)

10K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  berrieheart 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone, Ive jusst beginning the lightening part of my skin lightening journey after exfoilating with a glove and kojie san for 2 and a bit months
My current regimen is now:
EXFOILATING
Exfoilate all over with a korean exfoilating mitt (1x per two week)
Glycolic Peeling Cleanser (Gentle Cleanser every day + Mask every week)
LIGHTENING
Using my own mix of Caro white, Liquorice Root extract and Vitamin C serum
Kojie San (Taking a break from it right now but 2x a week)
SKIN BUILDING + Moisture
Shea Butter + Vitamin E Oil (Not sure when I should skin build, is once every week or two good?)
and of course sun screen

Now the Pics!
Cat Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Kitten Animated cartoon

Skin In Natural Light
Face Nose Lip Eyewear Pink

Skin in Direct Sunlight/Golden Hour
Skin Face Cheek Eyebrow Close-up

The colour of my inner arm is similar to my goal

Photography Dress Sky Stock photography Pattern
Hair Clothing Hairstyle Black hair Afro

My Goals <3

I wear Nars not MAC so my foundation is Caracas and my goal is between Syracuse but leaning more towards Tahoe
Suggestions are appreciated!

See less See more
#4 ·
Yup, every single day! (unless im just inside all day), I'm scared of darkening from the HQ in caro white though.
You can kinda see I have a lighter colour around my mouth, any tips on evening that out?
Same with the eternal upper lip mustache

#6 ·
i'll try only get my mix on the eternal mustache :hahaha: But even the light area isn't light enough yet so sometimes i feel like i should contiue so i don't lose any time
I have a vitamin c serum which I'll start using tomorrow
I wish this would all be quicker I want to go back to school a different person lol

#17 ·
Lots of info on LA lotion and how to make/mix, etc. This thread will help explain things.....you can use any lotion as long as it doesn't contain "carbomer", so be sure to read the ingredient listing. If it contains carbomer it will not bind together. Read through this thread, it has great info as well. https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/8696-Sheep-LOOK-Lactic-Lotion?highlight=goats

Also, to help yourself, and others who are trying to help you, try keeping things in one area so its easier for you to look back on. I noticed another thread where you were asking about purchasing LA. I replied as well as others on that thread.

#14 ·
My legs/inner arm/chest area are the closest to my goal skin tone (I'm using natural lighteners on my body so I reach my original colour not bleach it) however my face, neck and arms are a completely different colour, for reference her is my foundation colour against my legs.

Skin Close-up Cheek Arm Joint
(btw my skin is even it's just lighting)
I'll be doing my caro white and liquorice extract mix for a few months and see how close I can get however in the mean time should do lactic peels after I've finished with my HQ or during the process?

#16 ·
at first i used a hard bristle toothbrush and scrubbed my lips (don't make your lips too raw or it'll will scar) this took off the first couple layers of dead dark skin then i started using kojie san for around 3 mins (or until it started to tingle) and wash it off and put blisterx lip balm or shea butter on them this made them REALLY pink

#18 ·
I won't make it a lotion yet since that only soften the skin while I want to peel to get rid of some discolouration on my face, however I'll start that later cause my face is a little sore from exfoilating
I made a new thread just to reach more people since this was pretty buried into my first one

#20 ·
LA lotion doesn't only soften the skin.......its used to exfoliate the skin. I'm confused on what your trying to accomplish with using LA?? IF you are looking to use a peel, you need to first understand how acids work, and how to go about using them.

They are not something to dabble in without being fully aware of what your using, and exactly the pros/cons to using them. I recommend you spending some time reading through threads on the chemical peel forum if you are interested in peels. It will help you understand a little more.....before jumping into something for a quick fix. https://www.skincaretalk.com/forumdisplay.php/91-Chemical-Peels

#21 · (Edited)
I'm trying to peel, like a proper chemical peel, peel of layers of dead skin peel kind of peel. I have a 'tough' layer of outer skin on my face and neck + discolouartion that I need to lose for my products to penatrate better, kojie san has only done so much. LA lotion isn't the thing I need right now although I want to get some when I reach my goal for maintainence.
I've already skimmed a bit through the thread and watched some videos and lactic acid seems like the most suitable for my aim, TCA and GA seem too strong and out of my league so LA it is.

#22 ·
one thing i can advise u , is to not over do it with peels and acids , give yourself time , between , peels , kojie san etc , its not gonna happen over night , Safe and proper exfoliation can take up to a year if u really have tough skin . Pale people can get away with harsh peels cause they dont risk PIH but thats not the case with darker skin tones ... and maybe your skin doesnt need anymore exfoliation, u need to start lightening

#23 ·
Thanks for the advice! I am going to try slow down with exfoilating (I already made some cuts from my Korean Italy towel cause I was being too rough) I am going to do my peels later in the year nearer the end of october, one cause less sun meaning less chance if getting the raw skin tan and two cause i want to look cute for haloween lol.
I've already started lightening on my face with Caro white mix and liquorice lotion on my body
The main reason I wanted to start peelingis cause my face is pretty multicoloured (Light in the middle and gets darker as you go out) plus eternal phantom mustache so I thought doing a peel would help the products penatrate better, you reckon the creams will still work well without peeling?

#25 ·
Ok got it, MUAC doesn't seem to have a UK vendor cause it doesn't seem like the fade peel is anywhere but their website what's do you reccomend as the next best thing? I figured LA would be good since a user earlier reccomended it and it's the weakest to start with, but for the results I need what would you reccommend (first time peeler and UK friendly lol). MA or SA look promising

#26 ·
Look through AmazonUK you might find MUAC products, you could also send an email to MUAC they have great customer service and would be able to tell you another line to look for in the UK.

I love love love Mandalic Acid, its great used as a weekly peel, but again, you won't peel in sheets, flaking at most, but mild as well. SA.......its good, but its harsh, great if you have acne!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=chemical+peels&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

#30 ·
From my experience and another user yes it is a good product make sure your getting it from a trusted supplier though
I have my own mix I use so I can't speak for it on its own but i likw what it's doing for my skin
This is my progress so far
Lip Face Nose Pink Cheek

#31 ·
From my experience and another user yes it is a good product make sure your getting it from a trusted supplier though
I have my own mix I use so I can't speak for it on its own but i likw what it's doing for my skin
This is my progress so far
View attachment 64235

Oh wow!! That’s amazing!!! What’s your mix or regimen?? I’m trying to get my whole body to match my chest! Seems like that stuff really works!

#33 ·
I use a mix of Caro white, liquorice extract, a fair and white cream and glycerin
It's also made my skin so unbelievably soft and smooth
I'm purchasing the IKB Gel so I'll tell you about it when I use it for a while but on this forum is a must have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.