Preparing for holiday .. need help !!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Preparing for holiday .. need help !!

  1. #1

    Preparing for holiday .. need help !!

    I’m going on holiday to Jamaica soon. I need some advice for my regime while over there .
    In day time I will only be using moisturiser and sun screen but when comes to night time shall I use my lightening mix or just stick exfoliation while there .. help me please

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    SCT Elite lightboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,086
    I would say a lightening mix. I wouldn't think the hot Caribbean sun mixes with exfoliated skin very well.
    Face: Kojie San
    Body: G&G lotion, Clinic Clear lotion, Carotone BSC Serum, G&G oil
    Soap: Dead Sea Salt and Clear Essence Aha and Kojie San (Face)

    Hidden Content

  4. #3
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,157
    Sunscreen often throughout the day, and agree with @lightboy don't exfoliate.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    @lightboy and @gymrat my lightening mix is dodo lotion and oil they have aha in it

  7. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by shawtykid20 View Post
    @lightboy and @gymrat my lightening mix is dodo lotion and oil they have aha in it
    how long are u staying Jamaica , since your mix contains high Aha, i wouldn't use it , maybe u'll get a shade but thats better than messing up your skin with the sun+ Aha , when your trip is done , u can exfoliate and lighten , it shouldnt take long to drop the shade you gain , just use lots of suncreen and a hat

  8. #6
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,157
    Quote Originally Posted by shawtykid20 View Post
    @lightboy and @gymrat my lightening mix is dodo lotion and oil they have aha in it
    I used LA lotioin every other day when I was in Jamaica but I am also very diligent in using sunscreen........so totally up to you. But I am also one who went to the DR and didn't get n the sun once.....that will tell you how diligent I am when it comes to intense sun exposure.

    You know your skin, your routine, your habits, better than anyone, so just use good judgment. Anytime I go on vacation I always know when I get home I will have to up my game, that's all.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by flawlessBright View Post
    how long are u staying Jamaica , since your mix contains high Aha, i wouldn't use it , maybe u'll get a shade but thats better than messing up your skin with the sun+ Aha , when your trip is done , u can exfoliate and lighten , it shouldnt take long to drop the shade you gain , just use lots of suncreen and a hat
    @flawlessBright Im going for 2 weeks, I ain’t going to be walking up and down in sun a lot because I suffer from headaches when it’s too hot, I’m going to be doin mostly water activities. I always use a lot of sunscreeen

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    I used LA lotioin every other day when I was in Jamaica but I am also very diligent in using sunscreen........so totally up to you. But I am also one who went to the DR and didn't get n the sun once.....that will tell you how diligent I am when it comes to intense sun exposure.

    You know your skin, your routine, your habits, better than anyone, so just use good judgment. Anytime I go on vacation I always know when I get home I will have to up my game, that's all.
    @gymrat did you darken after you care off holiday from Jamaica. Would I need to restart my whole exfoliation stage again when I come back.

  11. #9
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,157
    Quote Originally Posted by shawtykid20 View Post
    @gymrat did you darken after you care off holiday from Jamaica. Would I need to restart my whole exfoliation stage again when I come back.
    No, I didn't darken much at all, I gain more color just from living in California and not being able to avoid the sun on a daily basis. When I am on vacation its a choice if I want to be out in the sun, so I try to limit it when it isn't necessary.

    Just be faithful to using sunscreen, and apply it often throughout the day. Wear long sleeves, do what you gotta do to protect yourself! When you work hard to lighten you should work harder to protect yourself from the sun. Otherwise your defeating the purpose.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  12. #10
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,157
    Quote Originally Posted by shawtykid20 View Post
    @flawlessBright Im going for 2 weeks, I ain’t going to be walking up and down in sun a lot because I suffer from headaches when it’s too hot, I’m going to be doin mostly water activities. I always use a lot of sunscreeen
    seriously consider wearing a rash guard, it will help you a TON

    https://www.amazon.com/TSLA-Sleeve-R...a-759912291509
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. preparing to lighten my skin, what do i need
    By drosx in forum Skin Lightening
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 04:09 AM
  2. Preparing skin for medium depth peel
    By StitchingMama in forum Anti-Aging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 02:26 PM
  3. Help-Skincare on a hot summer holiday
    By cks in forum Basic Skin Care
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 05:28 PM
  4. need help with Florida holiday! too much to do!!
    By magpie5 in forum Off-Topic Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 12:07 PM
  5. Going on holiday with melasma help!
    By moss73 in forum Melasma
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 05:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •