Skin Care Talk banner

Monobenzone and Undertones

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  pengcaramelglo 
#1 ·
Is it possible to keep an undertone when you depig with monobezone? What percentage would be good?

#2 ·
Every skin is different and skin color does not only depend on your melanin. There are some other factors f.i. the thickness of your skin, the distribution of your vessels and so on. So everybody's skin will look a little different after depigmentation, but generally speaking Mono will leave your skin very, very white. IMHO there's no way to enforce an undertone. I remember reading on an old mono threat about a woman whose dermatologist said she could remain one, but if you read a little bit about how mono works, common sense tell's you that it shouldn't be possible. In contrast there's a big chance that it will leave your skin patchy. Moreoever, some of the patches will eventually become immune to Mono.

May I ask why you are considering it ?

#3 ·
I'm looking for ways to permanently lighten my skin. I like the idea of glutathione but from what I've read it takes FOREVER to significantly lighten and the upkeep involved is expensive whether it's IV, liposomal, powder, or pill form. I've looked into mequinol and some people say that it's a safer version of Mono but it's extremely hard to find in a pre-compounded cream form. I'm also not sure how to incorporate the crystals into skin lightening creams.

#4 ·
@NiaraNamerie Have you read about all the side effects of Mono ? It will completely remove the skin's natural sun protection i.e. you can neither sit out in the sun ever again nor tan. Not even leave the house around noon. You'll have to apply maximal strength sunblock multiple times a day and you'll be on very high risks for skin cancer. Finally, around 15% of your melanocytes have natural immunity to mono. Once the other melonocytes get killed, the resistant ones will spread and form patches that are almost impossible to get rid off and will have to be covered with make up. Permanent skin lightening is tempting, but I don't think Mono is what you are looking for. Also, it doesn't mean that you'll never have to apply skin lighteners again. Michael Jackson used Mono, HQ and KA for the rest of his life. Even after 20 years and with all the medical support he had, he couldn't get rid of the patches and still had to apply skin lightening products.

In the end, it's a personal decision. Personally, I would love to be permanently very light, but I could not handle the UV sensivity. Sitting out in the sun is one of my favorite hobbies which makes lightening very difficult alltogether :p I respect the decision of everybody who still wants to take this route. They just should be very very aware of the long list of downsides. If you still consider it, I would suggest for you to practice total sun avoidance for a year or so to check if you think you could handle that for the rest of your life.

#5 ·
@NiaraNamerie Have you read about all the side effects of Mono ? It will completely remove the skin's natural sun protection i.e. you can neither sit out in the sun ever again nor tan. Not even leave the house around noon. You'll have to apply maximal strength sunblock multiple times a day and you'll be on very high risks for skin cancer. Finally, around 15% of your melanocytes have natural immunity to mono. Once the other melonocytes get killed, the resistant ones will spread and form patches that are almost impossible to get rid off and will have to be covered with make up. Permanent skin lightening is tempting, but I don't think Mono is what you are looking for. Also, it doesn't mean that you'll never have to apply skin lighteners again. Michael Jackson used Mono, HQ and KA for the rest of his life. Even after 20 years and with all the medical support he had, he couldn't get rid of the patches and still had to apply skin lightening products.

In the end, it's a personal decision. Personally, I would love to be permanently very light, but I could not handle the UV sensivity. Sitting out in the sun is one of my favorite hobbies which makes lightening very difficult alltogether
I respect the decision of everybody who still wants to take this route. They just should be very very aware of the long list of downsides. If you still consider it, I would suggest for you to practice total sun avoidance for a year or so to check if you think you could handle that for the rest of your life.
good point , where did u get all that info on what and how MJ used bleaching creams, i would like to read more , thanks

#7 ·
@flawlessBright I'm just a die-hard fan and did a lot of research over the years. Recently there was a documentary released by the name of 'Killing Michael Jackson'. It focusses on his death and features interviews with the leading detectives in his case. The docu was not about skin bleaching at all, but they showed this photo of the stuff they found in his home during the investigation.
Product Pill Pharmaceutical drug Medicine Analgesic

It wasn't mentioned in the docu, but do you notice the white tube ? It has BQ 8/ KA 1/ RA 0.25 written on it which means that after all these years he still had to use mono.

#9 ·
Just don't use mono. It's for people with vitiligo and abnormal weakened skin. Like someone said, worst case scenario you could have patches that won't go away and probably spend thousands to fix that if it's even fixable. Also, good luck getting it in the first place.

Glutathione can be done on a budget with a nebulizer.

#11 ·
#10 ·
When you use mono, your skin oscillates between original color and redness, clear skin and redness, pink skin and redness, white skin and redness. Under the light of day, the skin under monobenzone has a characteristic color, as well as under the neons, the skin under monobenzone has an artificial color. Then good luck for your undertone.

#12 ·
The original question is very interesting though. When I google pictures of people who either chose to chemically depigment or suffer vitiligo universalis, I notice a difference. Some of them appear to have paper-white skin while others seem to obtain a more natural pink tone. I wonder why this is. It may be the lighting in the photograph or it may be individual differences in the skin. It's hard to tell because I never observed it in person. However, some time ago I saw an albino person of african descent. His skin did not look pale at all, but really looked like a normal caucasian skin. very light of course, but not unnaturally white. I think, maybe some people will maintain an undertone, but this probably cannot be influenced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.