Skin Care Talk banner

Fair and White Original Glutathion

20K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  chiny 
#1 ·
This is the one sold in the EU one with diacetyl boldine active in the lotion and kojic acid in serum
So no HQ
I have been using for 3 weeks, and loving the result
Anyone using this for longer

Product Skin care Cosmetics Lotion Personal care

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes noticed lightening, but also my tummy has been a difficult area after 2 babies it's been pretty dark until now. I am noticing that my skin over is looking more uniform. The lighter area is lighter, but the darker area is lightening more. I read diacetyl boldine encourages even tone, so may be thats why.

serum has - glutathione, kojic acid, vitamin c
maxi tone lotion - glutathione, vitamin c and diacetyl boldine

I am using the maxi tone with serum. I bought 4 serum for the 350ml.

Prior to this was using francoise bedon - supreme and royal, although the supreme was more effective for me than royal, due to price I could only use 2 serums per bottle of the francoise bedon, but to be honest the result was not as good as this one, but noticed lightening.

I used QEI prior to francoise bedon, with QEI did not see much result. I always buy from official website as the shipping from paris to Ireland is not too bad.

I tried hq briefly for 1 month i hated result, before I went to non-hq lighteners, i think my skin likes kojic acid.

This fair and white is cheaper than QEI and Francoise bedon, but the result is better, I feel due to price I can afford more serum for better result. I am sticking to this long term I think. I also started the exfoliating soap yesterday evening, although still plan on using my 15% glycolic wash twice a week.

I am also using so white serum and so white gel for elbows and knees ( serum contains kojic acid, gel contains kojic dipalmitate) with good result, in conjunction with the ordinary peel 30%. I bought the so white when I was in the uk, but this is not available on paris website not sure why.

#4 ·
I just got my Lissa White and kenacol for my butt(the only part of my body that is naturally dark) and spent 20 million dollars on it bc favbeauty in UK jacked the price up but now I'm scared to use it bc....wtf is actually in it.
So thanks to you I'm broke as a joke bc I just ordered this, thank you for the ingredient info!

#6 · (Edited)
I heard really good reviews about this. Sadly its sold out most places. I definitely want to try it. Some people are mixing fair n white gel tube but I think that has 1.9% hq with it and I dont want to use hq but I have like 15 ikb gels I'm trying to get rid of and wondering would it idea to mix with this lotion

#9 ·
I want to know what the difference between the regular lotion and maxi tone one... But from the reviews I seen they say you can easily go up 4 shades you just have to use more serums and mix correctly part it in 4 sections. So don't mix one bottle and one serum.

#12 ·
The maxi tone of fair and white usually have more lightening actives than regular lotion.
I know some people have used regular lotion with serum and tubes mix for potency (tube in europe has kojic dipalmitate not HQ)
@sayuribishh i think the ikb gel should be fine, I only mixed mine with the serums, but 4 serums for the maxi tone bottle, don't want to use HQ either.

#16 · (Edited)
The one i bought from paris has no HQ or arbutin. I have used both ingredients in other products, arbutin darkens me and HQ gives me red colour. None of which I experienced with this. No HQ smell either.
All fair and white lotion (paris version) uses diacetyl boldine as main active, hence u don't really lighten with the lotion alone, you can check french reviews on you tube. If it has HQ u will lighten.

I had to use 4 bottles of serum with the lotion to get result. I have used Kojic acid based product for a while, this is the active ingredient in the serum. This is the result I get with this.

#17 ·
ingredients for maxitone

Aqua, paraffinum liquidium, glyceryl stearate se, glycerin, stearic acid, palmitic acid, parfum, glutathione, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, diacetyl boldine, cetearyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, disodium edta, carbomer, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl alcohol

#18 ·
I guess everyone's experience is difference. The fair and white I purchased from Paks a UK beauty supply store contained HQ, I'm very sure of it.
I'm immune to HQ and get the same reaction anytime I use a product with HQ - Thick leathery red elephant type skin, I also get very dark. All of which I experienced with Fair and white.

Again this was my personal experience. I shared a similar review about QEI which I purchased from the Paris website and was told there was absolutely no HQ in the European version, now it's been confirmed there is HQ in all QEI!!

Nothing against HQ BTW.

#21 ·
I honestly think some Fair and White Europe products contain hydroquinone. They just don't write it on the bottle. When I buy it from the store, it contains no hydroquinone. I buy the same product from the website and it has hydroquinone. Both EU versions. I think they don't sell the HQ products in stores because they're unsure who is a customer and who is a spy. But online they sell HQ version. Even though it's not listed on the packaging. Just my experience

#30 ·
@Sayuriibishh Hi, i saw ur post somewhere...where u made mention of Pr franchoise bedon lotion. (something abt it been a good base cream, or something like that)
I just started using Pr franchoise bedon royal lightening lotion + two of its exact serum.
I mixed all of the lotion with its 2 serums only.
(didn’t mix with any other thing)
Do you think this

— My question is, will this lighten me like atleast 3-4shades??
— If not, what would u advise i possibly mix it with??
— Recently i started layering alpha skincare GA lotion underneath for like 20-30mins (2-4times a week) before i apply my pr franchoise royal lotion. What do you think??
I know it’s a natural lightner so exfoliation is very very key for best results. How would u advice i exfoliate for great results??
So sorry abt the plenty questions...

#33 ·
@chiny yea I was interested in the red francise bedon line too. Does it smell like hydroquinone or...? I heard there products have hydroquinone
Anna marie, francoise bedon all have not so great smell, but royal (red line) has the best smell, but I think the supreme (black line is more effective than red for my skin. The one for the european is meant to be HQ free, my sister sells this in Africa and it has HQ. So who knows.
I bought directly from their website, and did not get HQ feel, but these creams are also rich I couldn't use it in summer time at all.

#32 ·
I am sorry this did not work for some people. I am still using it and it unifies the skin, as in darker areas looking lighter. Are u all using maxi tone lotion, if using regular lotion, I suggest adding more serum.

I think the serum is the main deal here. If you r using more serum, u may need to thicken it with cream-gel. I usually use 2 serums to half of the maxitone. I have tried 3 serum to half of maxitone as well, but I thickened with 1 tube of cream-gel of the exclusive vitamin c.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.