Skin Care Talk banner

Help with Lightening please!

6K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  gabriel97 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, I’m not really new here I joined SKT 4 years ago when I started my lightening journey!

I really need help, at some point I reached my goal but things aren’t so nice anymore. My skin is still light but it’s so hard maintaining, also I started with a cheap cream that isn’t beneficial. I’ve been breaking out (pimples) and I think it’s time I step up my game please help!

Okay so I started lightening using “Fair & White”. Someone used to order it, I got their number from here. I used the Lotion, the exfoliating soap & serum. Worked like magic but was a little bit slow and pricey. After I lost my connect from the guy I started using Caro Light, it was THE BOMB but then I read the HQ thing & I think recently they changed something and it’s not for me.

I’m looking for a zero (or 1 or 2%) HQ and zero steroid cream. Something that isn’t harmful, isn’t cheap but not pricey.

My issues:
Breaking out & pimples
Knuckles
Darkness around eyes & side of my face
Lips
Getting rid of spots
Just smoothing out my skin & get it to look glowy and not the bleached look.

I don’t want a hectic regime just:
Lightening soap
Exfoliating soap
Proper cream
Maybe serum

I’ll get regular Vitamin C pills, I also use sunscreen & coconut oil.
I use Nivea sunscreen and I sometimes don’t like it so some tips would be cool.

I used to be a shade darker than Gabriella Union. I’m currently caramel. I don’t want to be light light. I’ll post my goal pictures below but I basically want to be light brown/light caramel with nice yellowness to it!

Oh also I’m in an African country

Sorry for the long read!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow! I’d like something more natural, I definitely need a break from HQ. I just wanna go 1 shade lighter then it’s maintaining from there.

Can I get Kojic Acid that I can mix myself? Also any soap recommendations? Any knuckle, lip & eye lightening tips?

#7 ·
African black soap is a good soap but it's more of an exfoliant as oppose to a lightener.
If you plan to used kojic acid soap aswell l, just be careful not to over exfoliate.

I'm guessing because you are already light you may notice the results faster.

You will need to search for credible sellers online. Just have a search through the forum all your questions have most likely been answered already.

#8 ·
Thank you so much, it’s very hard going through the many threads with hundreds of replies. The search engine for this site also sucks a little

Do you know what causes sudden breakouts & pimples? Could it be HQ?
Any serum recommendations?

I just hope the natural way is just as great, I need to even out my skin ASAP.

#9 ·
the search engine works great.......use the "advanced search" button its just below the search bar. You can narrow your search and be very specific.

If you do a general search, it will bring up any thread with the product mentioned that your searching for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.