Skin Care Talk banner

Extreme dark eyelids and circles

13K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  chiny 
#1 ·
I have been trying various things this past couple of years and I have lightened my skin tone considerably. I now look like a raccoon with extreme dark eyelids and dark circles under my eyes. Nothing I do has helped. What can be done to lighten them?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Ive got the perfect remedy for you.
potato juice.

Grate potato and squeeze its juice. Put this in a little container, sealed and refrigerated. only grate enough to last you at least 2-3 days.
Spread this on with a cotton pad. It'll dry and leave it on overnight.
You can even do it during the day, but its always best before bed. wash you face and apply this in the eye area.
Wash it off with warm water in the morning.

Keep doing this for weeks and months, you will eventually see a huge difference.
Ive done this for dark areas on my neck, its really helpeed!!

Try to stay away from using harsh chemicals in this area. its very delicate.

#4 ·
Thanks Summer123 - I've tried various home remedies and even to this day I do. Unfortunately these are stubborn dark color and need something more strong.

Thanks PatisMe - Can you suggest a brand? I'm in USA and on Amazon almost all have mixed reviews.

#8 ·
Yes of Indian descent and yes uneven skin tone and very rough skin because of Keratosis pillaris on my jaw line and under my chin. I see all you guys have such smooth skin. Not sure how to tell skin shade but use Mac foundation N44. Any suggestions please? I use a Vitamin C serum, Hyaluronic acid daily, Just got ikb gel for my eye lids and do weekly 70% glycolic peel at home(about 5 minutes).

#7 ·
Yes of Indian descent and yes uneven skin tone and very rough skin because of Keratosis pillaris on my jaw line and under my chin. I see all you guys have such smooth skin. Not sure how to tell skin shade but use Mac foundation N44. Any suggestions please? I use a Vitamin C serum, Hyaluronic acid daily, Just got ikb gel for my eye lids and do weekly 70% glycolic peel at home(about 5 minutes).

#12 ·
Nothing will really help dark eye circles as long as you’re still using your hydroquinone cream. It’s just like trying to empty an ocean with a teaspoon.

If you want your dark circles to go away, stop using your cream and use a milder lightening cream like F&W product. Works slowly but doesn’t give dark eye circles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.