Skin Care Talk banner

I’m so sad . HELP ME please

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  naymag 
#1 ·
I’ve been wanting to get lighter for a long time. I don’t know where to begin and I always fail. I used those cheap lightener creams but always broke out which lead to dark spots. Where do I start? How do I ensure I can lighten but not get dark spots. I live in Melbourne Australia and I don’t know where to shop. Someone please help me.

#6 ·
@zuzuzz im willing to help u from scratch.. carry u from ur exfoliation journey till ur lightrning jorney..

yes as titi mentioned , whats ur current shade, what u want to achieve and how much money u plan to spent on lightening... if u want us to keep in touch u have to tag my name so i wont miss and of ur questions..

dont worry everthing is goin to be fine.. we gonna make this
Heyy zuzuzz I know it can be quite frustrating. I agree with the two posters. We’re happy to help. Take heart.

@mccartney @Hardworkpays @Titi Hi guys I’m so happy fthat you have replied to me. I am about nc48-49 and hoping to achieve nc42 . Budget wise I don’t spending money so that’s not the problem. I just want to know a good routine so thankful you are willing to help.

#3 ·
@zuzuzz im willing to help u from scratch.. carry u from ur exfoliation journey till ur lightrning jorney..

yes as titi mentioned , whats ur current shade, what u want to achieve and how much money u plan to spent on lightening... if u want us to keep in touch u have to tag my name so i wont miss and of ur questions..

dont worry everthing is goin to be fine.. we gonna make this ;)

#7 ·
Being you said you struggle with dark spots and the fact that you live in Oz, what sunscreen do you use? Be sure its zinc otherwise those dark spots will only darken and be even harder to remove. Acne scars do fade over time, but won’t ever fade if you don’t apply a good sunscreen to protect them from the sun, especially where you are. This alone is crucial.

#8 ·
Hi @zuzuzz, I’m from Melbourne too and I know several beauty suppliers where u can buy lightening products but it’s limited and majority of products especially popular ones are fake.

The products I brought from footscary-Sm cosmetics that worked for me and it’s real; fair and white(hq) lemonvate gel, lighten up (hq) and kojic san (I brought from Filipino grocery shop).

aha lotions are very expensive to buy and most only available online - neostrate, pixie, alpha and ASAP you can buy at stores or online.

luckily, there’s plenty of sunscreen and you buy them anyway. Atm I’m using sunsense sensitive with 15% zinc oxide and niacinamide and banana boat sensitive tinted sunscreen 25% zinc oxide(no white cast but it’s expensive to buy 100ml for $14)

What @gymrat said is true, the dark spots will fade overtime with zinc sunscreen. Sometimes I get those annoying hormonal acnes and leaves pih spots. It fades by its self without using lightening products. Only product I was using sunscreen, cetaphil gentle cleanser, paulas choice bha cleanser and cetaphil cream.

The sunscreen will protect you from sun damage as well as stop hyperpigmentation from getting worse. I wear sunscreen everyday even if I’m at home I still apply sunscreen on exposed areas, face and neck.

Right now you need to buy sunscreen and focus on protecting yourself from the sun. its getting hot now and sun is out all day until 8pm. All u can do is sun protection and skin building. Exfoliation with glove once or twice a week that’s it.

Australians sun is so strong u can feel the radiation on exposed skin. We Australians have the highest rate of skin cancers in the world. It is not the best time to start using lightening products now. However u can start your journey on autumn.

feel free to ask questions

wish u all the best and protect yourself from the sun.

#9 ·
Hi @naymag thanks so much I appreciate your help. I am currently using neutrogena sunscreen the blue tube. Is that okay? What’s is an example of a zinc sunscreen. I’m so happy to find someone from Melbourne. Yeah I will definitely hold on the lightening process till after summer.

After the exfoliation process what exactly did you use. Did lemonvate break you out? Do you mix stuff toghether. And what websites do you buy from.

#10 ·
Hi @naymag thanks so much I appreciate your help. I am currently using neutrogena sunscreen the blue tube. Is that okay? What’s is an example of a zinc sunscreen. I’m so happy to find someone from Melbourne. Yeah I will definitely hold on the lightening process till after summer.

After the exfoliation process what exactly did you use. Did lemonvate break you out? Do you mix stuff toghether. And what websites do you buy from.
Neutrogena sunscreen dont have zinc oxide. always look for zinc oxide and it has to be greater than 20% (I think)

Sunscreen I’m using atm
1. sunsense sensitive invisible 15% zinc oxide
2. Banana boat sensitive tinted 25% zinc oxide.

Lemonvate did not break me out but I dislike the lemon smell.

Shipping is so expensive but if you really want that product go ahead buy it.

Places I shop for genuine lightening products online;
1.mitchell brands
2.fair and white
3. Flawless beauty and skin
4. makeup artists choice
5. Reliable rx pharmacy to buy retin a

After exfoliation period, I usually use my favourites fair and white whiten up or vitamin c lotions. I hate mixing. But I do layer with f&w la lotion if retin a isn’t available. I hate to wait for 30mins then apply lightening. that’s why I refer to use retin a.
if I’m using retin a, I mix retin a and lotion on my hand then apply to the skin.
Last winter I used Carolight and retin a. I had good results.
My sister got me carolight from uk.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.