Lightening in the UK - Page 3

Thread: Lightening in the UK

  1. #21
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
    @gymrat




    Wanna see the stash
    @Mazikeen do you shop there or ever go in? Have one near you? It’s worth checking out. I learned they stock shelves based on area demographics, so if you have any near you or know several locations, try a few of them as each carry different products. You know I am a sucker when it comes to stores, and when I went to London I thought ok, I will pop in and see what they had to offer......the other thing they had were nice sunscreens. I stocked up on a few of them. I love European SS, any chance I can get them and take them home rather then order online and pay shipping, I’m all over it!! I’m now in Holland so I will have my eyes open on what they have to offer here as well so far all I’ve stocked up on are stroopwaffles
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @Mazikeen do you shop there or ever go in? Have one near you? It’s worth checking out. I learned they stock shelves based on area demographics, so if you have any near you or know several locations, try a few of them as each carry different products. You know I am a sucker when it comes to stores, and when I went to London I thought ok, I will pop in and see what they had to offer......the other thing they had were nice sunscreens. I stocked up on a few of them. I love European SS, any chance I can get them and take them home rather then order online and pay shipping, I’m all over it!! I’m now in Holland so I will have my eyes open on what they have to offer here as well so far all I’ve stocked up on are stroopwaffles
    @gymrat no mama, never been. Just a voyeur of good stash. Can`t wait to see your euro stash. Don`t forget those healthy dutch brownies from the famous coffee shops

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    I was just in London, I didn’t look for Caro White but I was impressed with the products you can find in Boots. Have you looked there for it @Nadra
    @gymrat Boots is more like the equivalent of CVS and Sephora, they do really good skincare and make up but the most you'll find for lightening is Amlactin and hyaluronic acid creams so no carolight or F&W, they do stock afro hair products and palmers in their bigger stores though! @shawtykid20 would you agree? But if you got any goodies we'd like to see

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    @flawlessBright Whereabouts in London are you moving to?

  7. #25
    Administrator gymrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Sun Shines
    Posts
    33,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
    @gymrat no mama, never been. Just a voyeur of good stash. Can`t wait to see your euro stash. Don`t forget those healthy dutch brownies from the famous coffee shops
    Honestly......those coffee shops that people talk about do exist but NOTHING like the perception that people have. Its so much more than that.....its the 5th safest city in the world, if that tells you anything. Its absolutely beautiful @Mazikeen its something you need to put on your bucket list, even if you only visit once. As for London, its like any big city in the states, times 10. I’ve been to majority of big cities in the states none quite like London, if your into fashion go, otherwise skip.....But Amsterdam for sure put on your list!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadra View Post
    @gymrat Boots is more like the equivalent of CVS and Sephora, they do really good skincare and make up but the most you'll find for lightening is Amlactin and hyaluronic acid creams so no carolight or F&W, they do stock afro hair products and palmers in their bigger stores though! @shawtykid20 would you agree? But if you got any goodies we'd like to see
    Ummmm Boots is closer to a glorified Ulta, nothing like a Sephora, kinda similar to CVS minus the makeup, but definitely more like an Ulta but with European flare. Like I said I was impressed with the selection, but each one I went into varied on products. Had great SS.

    Those in Amsterdam I walked by a shop today loaded with skin lightening products! Even took a picture of the street so I wouldn’t forget it
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

  8. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadra View Post
    @gymrat Boots is more like the equivalent of CVS and Sephora, they do really good skincare and make up but the most you'll find for lightening is Amlactin and hyaluronic acid creams so no carolight or F&W, they do stock afro hair products and palmers in their bigger stores though! @shawtykid20 would you agree? But if you got any goodies we'd like to see
    @Nadra yeah that is true, it’s more like night cream products

  9. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Honestly......those coffee shops that people talk about do exist but NOTHING like the perception that people have. Its so much more than that.....its the 5th safest city in the world, if that tells you anything. Its absolutely beautiful @Mazikeen its something you need to put on your bucket list, even if you only visit once. As for London, its like any big city in the states, times 10. I’ve been to majority of big cities in the states none quite like London, if your into fashion go, otherwise skip.....But Amsterdam for sure put on your list!!
    Ummmm Boots is closer to a glorified Ulta, nothing like a Sephora, kinda similar to CVS minus the makeup, but definitely more like an Ulta but with European flare. Like I said I was impressed with the selection, but each one I went into varied on products. Had great SS.

    Those in Amsterdam I walked by a shop today loaded with skin lightening products! Even took a picture of the street so I wouldn’t forget it
    Hahaha that's so random i was gonna say ULTA but we don't have Ulta here, depends which Boots you go into tho Oxford Street for sure! I looove boots although it can be a bit expensive! We have another one called Superdrug which is a little cheaper. Glad you like the shopping here too
    Last edited by Nadra; 10-28-2019 at 10:08 PM.

  10. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Honestly......those coffee shops that people talk about do exist but NOTHING like the perception that people have. Its so much more than that.....its the 5th safest city in the world, if that tells you anything. Its absolutely beautiful @Mazikeen its something you need to put on your bucket list, even if you only visit once. As for London, its like any big city in the states, times 10. I’ve been to majority of big cities in the states none quite like London, if your into fashion go, otherwise skip.....But Amsterdam for sure put on your list!!
    Ummmm Boots is closer to a glorified Ulta, nothing like a Sephora, kinda similar to CVS minus the makeup, but definitely more like an Ulta but with European flare. Like I said I was impressed with the selection, but each one I went into varied on products. Had great SS.

    Those in Amsterdam I walked by a shop today loaded with skin lightening products! Even took a picture of the street so I wouldn’t forget it
    @gymrat


  11. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by masa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flawlessBright View Post
    yayyy ive just received my order from Mitchel brand - so those gels are just for my body - ive stacked up so i wont need to be looking in London anytime soon lol

    The lemonvate cream gel texture is bomb ! first time taking that one , i always used to take the gel
    How do you mixed these gel for your body?

    Also does it give even lightening?
    i dont really mix , i prefer layering a little goes a long way . i layer with with clarissime body lotion or ikb lotion, or i apply my glycolic acid cream then i layer a gel .
    if i do mix , i do it in the palm of my hand .

  12. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadra View Post
    @flawlessBright Whereabouts in London are you moving to?
    Greenwich!

  13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. anyone use www.pharmacygeoff-uk for retain a in uk?
    By annaamia in forum Anti-Aging
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-11-2015, 05:20 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 04:04 PM
  3. For UK ladies, www.bristolbotanicals.co.uk
    By soNatural in forum DIY Skin Care
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 05:22 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 10:39 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •