Skin Care Talk banner

Lightening in the UK

16K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  Nadra 
#1 ·
heyyy been a while ! so im currently at NC 43 on my face and NC 44 on my body and hands ! i have both shades in mac studio tech.

took me 3 years , of using arbutin , kojic acid , and exfoliation on my body !
and on my face i used arbutin and Hq / Retin a ! LET ME TELL U , HQ/RETIN A is the BOMB , i got way less irritation and dark spots , than when i was using those " natural " products ! HQ and retin a is so simple and effective !

Also skin building is very effective , i keep it simple and use shea butter .

ive used about all the creams mentioned here , a part from Hq creams like skinlight / carowhite etc -
what i can say is that exfoliate BUT DONT OVER DO IT . i got SOOOO much Pih because of that !

once i started exfoliating once or twice a week , i started getting lighter , so i came to the conclusion that i was burning my skin when i was exfoliating too much , which made me thought i wasn't lightening .

ALSO GIVE YOUR SKIN TIME TO LIGHTEN . This cycle of cell production and replacement takes about 28 days.

However my BUTT is still a little darker , any advices ? I TIRED LOL.

BUT MOST OF ALL, im moving to the UK ! so i would like to know what products will i be able to buy over there ? all Uk members please answer !

See less See more
#4 ·
Kojic acid soaps you can buy in some stores or online from ebay (they come like next day delivery and its free), serums and mitchell gels like IKB, Lemonvate and Precious you'll find in BSS stores also they're quite easy to find and not too expensive :)

The weather has just changed so you're lucky we just had one of the hottest summers on record haha ;)

#7 ·
Kojic acid soaps you can buy in some stores or online from ebay (they come like next day delivery and its free), serums and mitchell gels like IKB, Lemonvate and Precious you'll find in BSS stores also they're quite easy to find and not too expensive

The weather has just changed so you're lucky we just had one of the hottest summers on record haha
Yasssss no sun ! lmaoo i feel like i will reach Nc 40 with the weather in London

#31 ·
im living my best life , im looking naturally light or light brown , some would say light skin , some light brown - my foundation is NC 43 , i use studio tech .
i got a nose job , got my teeth lined up , acne cleared , im finally becoming the person i always envisioned to be !
and for the haters ( from other blogs) , my nose job is awesome , i still have a " black" nose , i am a proud black person , i just wanted a more defined nose. Black people comes in all shades naturally , i just prefer being a lighter shade of black it goes with my features better , but i am proud !
Moving to London where nobody knows me will be a breath of fresh air !! i will try to get to Nc 40 haha ...

#32 ·
a lot of black people are so jealous of my skin... such hypocrites ... they wanna side eye u , but deep down wanna know what u're using . I see so many walking around with acne scars, dark faces/light body vice versa ...they be SOOO in need of an exfoliating soap lol...
So keep on RUBBING ladies and gent lol Do what MAKES U FEEL BETTER !
The other day some girl wanted to shade me , so i told her" dont try coming for me when your foundation is 5 shades lighter than your real color , might as well get on the bleach train and call it a day" ...

#33 ·
a lot of black people are so jealous of my skin... such hypocrites ... they wanna side eye u , but deep down wanna know what u're using . I see so many walking around with acne scars, dark faces/light body vice versa ...they be SOOO in need of an exfoliating soap lol...
So keep on RUBBING ladies and gent lol Do what MAKES U FEEL BETTER !
The other day some girl wanted to shade me , so i told her" dont try coming for me when your foundation is 5 shades lighter than your real color , might as well get on the bleach train and call it a day" ...
:rofl::rofl:eek:mg I canna. Sassy, I love. Yes keep that foot on their necks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.