Skin Care Talk banner

SCT Gurus Some maintaining & DIY help Please!

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  SkinQueen11 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

so 2 months or so ago I made a thread looking for some help on here but the site moves a little slow, thanks to those who contributed! I ended up doing my own research and I decided that

Alpha Arbutin
Kojic Acid
Vitamin C
African Black soap
Kojie San Soap
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter

are the route I’m taking. I really need advice on how to mix, how to measure and where to buy authentic products.

I was going to add these (AA/KA) to a vitamin C Nivea lotion and boost it with my Vit C But read that mixing AA/KA isn’t a good idea at all?

Also so I read that Alpha Arbutin turns to HQ when it gets to the skin? this is confusing to me?
I really wanna drop HQ & do things the natural way

Last thing, I want to be a light caramel with yellow undertones. I’m really yellow now with caramel skin and I’d like to go one more shade lighter but I don’t want that pale ashy look, how can I maintain my yellowness?
@gymrat @arrow @lightenme @moonmaiden @AIME @Fluffington @lightboy

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello everyone,

so 2 months or so ago I made a thread looking for some help on here but the site moves a little slow, thanks to those who contributed! I ended up doing my own research and I decided that

Alpha Arbutin
Kojic Acid
Vitamin C
African Black soap
Kojie San Soap
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter

are the route I’m taking. I really need advice on how to mix, how to measure and where to buy authentic products.

I was going to add these (AA/KA) to a vitamin C Nivea lotion and boost it with my Vit C But read that mixing AA/KA isn’t a good idea at all?

Also so I read that Alpha Arbutin turns to HQ when it gets to the skin? this is confusing to me?
I really wanna drop HQ & do things the natural way

Last thing, I want to be a light caramel with yellow undertones. I’m really yellow now with caramel skin and I’d like to go one more shade lighter but I don’t want that pale ashy look, how can I maintain my yellowness?
@gymrat @arrow @lightenme @moonmaiden @AIME @Fluffington @lightboy
I will be adding Niacinamide & carrot Oil as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.