Am I asking for the impossible? The impossible journey
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Am I asking for the impossible? The impossible journey

Am I asking for the impossible? The impossible journey

Both my parents are mixed. As a baby/ child I was light skin, but from adolescence onwards and now I am brown skin and in some places (booty and back, back of neck) darker. I had severe cystic acne as a teenager and have dark almost black scars on my back and some lighter ones on my chest.

I'd like to be the colour of my ears, chest and feet all over, which is the lightest most even skin on my body (yellow lightskin). Instead of this mish mash I got going on. Its improved since exfoliating. I'd also like to retain the results. My birthday and new years is coming up and I'm starting a new journey cut off my waist length dreds and i want to start over with my skin and hair. I'm from the UK.

Could anyone recommend me some products and techniques to get myself together. I'm already baldheaded the least i can give myself is even skin lmao. Hope this is concise. Also hope I'm not asking for the impossible. I also will document everything in this journey here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Don't use those cheap creams like Caro white and the rest. They'll just make your condition worse. I'd recommend Fair and White exclusive whitenizer (with hydroquinone). It lightens you evenly and natural looking. Though it takes about a month to see results. You're in the UK, so you can't get hydroquinone cream there. What I did was, I had my sister in Nigeria send them to me. All she had to do was remove the pack and send just the bottle. The ingredients are not written on the bottle. I received them. Thats how I get my hydroquinone stuff in.

Also try some Betavate gel. It is good for acne prone skin and very effective. Kojie San soap can help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackboy View Post
    Don't use those cheap creams like Caro white and the rest. They'll just make your condition worse. I'd recommend Fair and White exclusive whitenizer (with hydroquinone). It lightens you evenly and natural looking. Though it takes about a month to see results. You're in the UK, so you can't get hydroquinone cream there. What I did was, I had my sister in Nigeria send them to me. All she had to do was remove the pack and send just the bottle. The ingredients are not written on the bottle. I received them. Thats how I get my hydroquinone stuff in.

Also try some Betavate gel. It is good for acne prone skin and very effective. Kojie San soap can help too.
    Is this the fair and white soap, gel or body lotion? Also do you know anything about g&g

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Also thanks for th reply

The lotion. The soap is good as well but it's for exfoliating. Gng is good but it will make you pale. I'm not sure that's what you're going for.

Hey there, fair and white whitenizer lotion is a good start. One of my first lightening lotions. And you can couple w/ kojie San soap.
    G&G is great too. I used it for a bit got swell results but i chickened out cause of the mixed reviews on here about that company so.
    Just stay away from the harmful stuff pls!
    Always exfoiate, moisturize and protect your skin from the sun. Sunscreen and protective clothing when you're out and about. This alone will take you Atleast a shade up.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelgodess View Post
    Hey there, fair and white whitenizer lotion is a good start. One of my first lightening lotions. And you can couple w/ kojie San soap.
    G&G is great too. I used it for a bit got swell results but i chickened out cause of the mixed reviews on here about that company so.
    Always exfoiate, moisturize and protect your skin from the sun. Sunscreen and protective clothing when you're out and about. This alone will take you Atleast a shade up.
    Thanks for the advice!
    Could you elaborate on what is the harmful stuff, so I know what to avoid. Sorry all of this is new to me

The lotion. The soap is good as well but it's for exfoliating. Gng is good but it will make you pale. I'm not sure that's what you're going for.
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelgodess View Post
    Is this the correct product?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry didn't elaborate. Harmful stuff=steroid containing beauty products or mercury or extremely high doses hydroquinone.
    Just do your research for products that may contain these things but one sure sign is if any sling lightening products lightens the skin too quickly anywhere from weeks to a few months wit's extreme results you can always count on it to be iffy or dodgy.
    Some natural lighteners are products containing kojic acid, mulberry, licorice, nuacinamide, vitamin C and many more. E.g Qei+ ,francoise bedon, Carotein, 55h+ G&G(not sure tho cause this product has some notoriety on the recalled products list, but it doesn't lighten fast like the harmful stuff does so I don't know for sure)
    let me state again STAY AWAY FROM THE HARMFUL STEROIDAL OR MECURY LIGHTENING CREAMS!
    They can cause cancer and the worst of all GHASTLY STRETCHMARKS!
    This happened to me using a mixed cream back in the day when I was clueless about this stuff, 5yrs down I still have the darn things. And I'm slim it's annoying tbh but I guess my skins real sensitive and stretchmark prone. Learned this the hard way, but I deviate.
    Low percentages of hydroquinone is ok. Nothing above 2% is medically recommends unless prescribed from a dermatologist.
    A way to know them dodgy creams is most cream manufactured from Africa(sorry I'm African but I gotta be real) they're usually laden with terribly high amounts of hydroquinone or steroid or mecury or all three even! So check labels and read ingredients of each and every product before you use. Search out reviews ask questions on here. Read threads. But sometimes the true ingredients of creams are undisclosed and they write up acceptable 'natural ingredients' on the package but it's something else entirely. If it's made it Africa just drop it pls. Drop it and run for dear life!
    Also look into Kojic acid products I would assume hey wouldn't be hard to get in the U.K. Being as hydroquinone is a no no there.
    Personally I started lightening with hydroquinone products so now I'm hooked. Woulda loved to be able to go the all natural lightening route but somehow I always come back to fair and white and other serums mixed in.

Most of all just make up your mind what route you want to go the natural or hydroquinone route. That's up to you ultimately then work on a regimen. Research products etc.
    although before lightening something to do before taking the plunge would be to make sure you're well exfoliated. As a newbie I'm not sure I'd say you use kojie San soap right off. Your skin could be like mine and be extra sensitive so I recommend the fair and white carrots soap. Jergens has a brand of lotion called fair and soft it has a low percentage of lactic acid you could use that. Or use fair and white AHA2 lotion to exfoliate and even out your skin before you start lightening proper.
    Okay my thumbs feel like they're about to fall of so imma stop now. Hope this helps.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements