The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread - Page 17

Thread: The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brown caramel View Post
    Sorry Mariam 😂😂

Yeah she admitted she’s done some Botox and fillers. But I think she’s gone too far with it lol. She looked better way before!
    Damn she always had self esteem issues and that was why that white boy used her. He saw she was vulnerable. Since they broke up, she’s been ruining her body with everything she never needed
    Holy Mary mother of Hydroquinone, help us.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yogobro298 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why my sunscreen needs to have Zinc Oxide? I have lots of sunscreen but none of them have Zinc Oxide. Even my dermatologist says nothing about it he just says use sunscreen with a good SPF rating.
    Zinc oxide protects against the entire spectrum of UVB and UVA rays. UVB rays cause your skin to tan/burn. UVA rays cause your skin to age/wrinkle. Sunscreens that contain zinc are physical sunscreens= protect your skin from the sun by deflecting or blocking the sun's rays.

for more info, look at the sun protection thread!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Can someone explain to me why my sunscreen needs to have Zinc Oxide? I have lots of sunscreen but none of them have Zinc Oxide. Even my dermatologist says nothing about it he just says use sunscreen with a good SPF rating.
    Zinc oxide protects against the entire spectrum of UVB and UVA rays.

UVB rays cause your skin to tan/burn. UVA rays cause your skin to age/wrinkle. Sunscreens that contain zinc are physical sunscreens= protect your skin from the sun by deflecting or blocking the sun's rays.

for more info, look at the sun protection thread!!
    @gymrat I've heard the zinc oxide content is best at 20% or higher. All the sunscreens I've used that are 20% zinc oxide are either too greasy, makes me look like a ghost or both. Can I get away with wearing a 7% zinc oxide sunscreen and still avoid tanning, wrinkles etc? I hate having to put a layer of foundation on top of the sunscreen so that my face matches my neck. The tinted sunscreens give me a weird tone as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Has anyone tried Bismid products?. I got their day cream with sunblock on a trip and it “helped” even my tone. I used it for two weeks. I know it has no ingredients list (I swore I’d never use shady products again) and it smells weird. Any reviews on them?.

I just tried the Kojie San Dream White Skin Anti-Aging I didn't realize there were two bars(Kojie San Original Lightening Soap). Hopefully the one I ordered works really don't want to spend thousands of dollars on products trying to go down a shade

Quote Originally Posted by shallalah View Post
    @gymrat I've heard the zinc oxide content is best at 20% or higher. All the sunscreens I've used that are 20% zinc oxide are either too greasy, makes me look like a ghost or both. Can I get away with wearing a 7% zinc oxide sunscreen and still avoid tanning, wrinkles etc? I hate having to put a layer of foundation on top of the sunscreen so that my face matches my neck. The tinted sunscreens give me a weird tone as well.
    Zinc oxide isn't greasy, its actually drying, great for acne prone. If a physical sunscreen is greasy look at the other ingredients in the actual sunscreen, thats where you will get the "greasiness". As for the % of zinc, the higher the % the better protection. But you can get away with using 8-10% and still have adequate protection. I use a lower % in the winter months and switch to a higher % in the summer. If you are wearing 7% and are indoors most of the time you will be fine, you just don't want to wear 7% and be basking in the sun during the summer months. @shallalah

You can also look at sunscreen powders that contain zinc as well, they are always a great option!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

I'm still confused on how these works? So will generally any product that's targeted at exfoliating/lightening...etc will help me get to my skin goal correct? This may seem like a stupid, but I'm just trying to get 2 shades lighter(yellow/pale which is the color of my neck)

I'm still confused on how these works? So will generally any product that's targeted at exfoliating/lightening...etc will help me get to my skin goal correct? This may seem like a stupid, but I'm just trying to get 2 shades lighter(yellow/pale which is the color of my neck)
    There’s a good information will help you with journey. 2 shades is achievable but with a consistency. Good luck https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...s-make-a-start

Quote Originally Posted by naymag View Post
    There’s a good information will help you with journey. 2 shades is achievable but with a consistency. Good luck https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...s-make-a-start
    I already looked over that, I know what I need to do. But I guess what I'm trying to ask is are there certain specific products that will actually give me the look I desire? Or does it really come down to exfoliate/skinbuilding...etc. I hope I explained this a little better. Because I'm not trying to get too light.

Is there a chart or graph that describes what's NC15-NC45 what they look like...etc?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements