The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread - Page 18

Thread: The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Zinc oxide isn't greasy, its actually drying, great for acne prone. If a physical sunscreen is greasy look at the other ingredients in the actual sunscreen, thats where you will get the "greasiness". As for the % of zinc, the higher the % the better protection. But you can get away with using 8-10% and still have adequate protection. I use a lower % in the winter months and switch to a higher % in the summer. If you are wearing 7% and are indoors most of the time you will be fine, you just don't want to wear 7% and be basking in the sun during the summer months. @shallalah

You can also look at sunscreen powders that contain zinc as well, they are always a great option!
    Ohh okay gotcha. I've been eyeing the aveeno one. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks @gymrat !! I wonder if I could layer a chemical sunscreen with high spf with a physical one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I just ordered the Kojie San(Orange bar) Lightening Soap sense I hear more positive things about it compared to the Dream White Anti-Aging.

Hopefully I see some success

HQ 4%(I think)/ Kojic Acid/ Retina A/
    Fair and White AHA Body Lotion
    Kojie San Lightening
    SAP

Can I mix in kojic acid powder with my fair and white body wash to give it a boost?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shallalah View Post
    Ohh okay gotcha. I've been eyeing the aveeno one. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks @gymrat !! I wonder if I could layer a chemical sunscreen with high spf with a physical one?
    Avobenzone is degraded by minerals (which is zinc/titanium oxide) so applying a chemical sunscreen which will contain avobenzone with a physical sunscreen that contains zinc, your canceling out ingredients. Not to mention, if you were to mix them, it doesn't give you anymore protection. It's pointless to be honest.

Which Aveeno have you been eyeing? I just purchased Sun Bum Mineral Sunscreen (white tube) I tried it before I purchased it, it applied nice, but you don't really know until you wear it for awhile. I'm picky with the finish of my sunscreens, greasy/heavy ones don't work for me. I make more of a mess applying them!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by shallalah View Post
    I've been using the Aveeno baby spf 50 with zinc oxide percentage of 21.5% it isn't oily at all but does leave a white cast . I don't mind the white cast because it helps me to make sure I don't miss a spot for sun protection but I can understand why some may not like it. Another high percentage physical sunblock is raw elements natural sunblock. That one is more oil based, so is oily. Neither of these ever broke me out personally.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Faeya View Post
    I've been using the Aveeno baby spf 50 with zinc oxide percentage of 21.5% it isn't oily at all but does leave a white cast . I don't mind the white cast because it helps me to make sure I don't miss a spot for sun protection but I can understand why some may not like it. Another high percentage physical sunblock is raw elements natural sunblock. That one is more oil based, so is oily. Neither of these ever broke me out personally.
    Agreed!! Raw elements is SO greasy, I have it. If you like the Aveeno Baby another one you can try that has a nice finish is TruKid Sunnyday, its 20% zinc. They are coming out with more and more zinc based sunscreens. Anytime I see a new one I give it a try, even though my go too is Burnout,
    I feel you can never have too many sunscreens.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Avobenzone is degraded by minerals (which is zinc/titanium oxide) so applying a chemical sunscreen which will contain avobenzone with a physical sunscreen that contains zinc, your canceling out ingredients. Not to mention, if you were to mix them, it doesn't give you anymore protection. It's pointless to be honest.

Which Aveeno have you been eyeing? I just purchased Sun Bum Mineral Sunscreen (white tube) I tried it before I purchased it, it applied nice, but you don't really know until you wear it for awhile. I'm picky with the finish of my sunscreens, greasy/heavy ones don't work for me. I make more of a mess applying them!
    Wow ok no mixing or layering sunscreen for me. I was thinking of getting the aveeno sensitive skin mineral sunscreen. It has around 21% zinc oxide. I tried some on my arms at the pharmacy and it dried down really nice. No grease. But it still had a bit of a white caste.

Quote Originally Posted by Faeya View Post
    This one might be better. I wonder what the difference is between the sensitive formula and the baby. They both should cater sensitive skin.

Good evening ladies, Has anyone used G7 gold milk and Q7 gold carrot extracts body milk? Are they effective and safe?

Quote Originally Posted by realkeisha View Post
    Can I mix in kojic acid powder with my fair and white body wash to give it a boost?
    which F&W body wash do you have? I have the exclusive line and it darkens me when I use it
    Holy Mary mother of Hydroquinone, help us.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements