The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread - Page 9

Thread: The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blackboy View Post
    Hello everyone, as we come to the end of a decade and beginning of a new one, I would like us to share our experiences, regrets, lessons from skin lightening products we've used in the past decade. Creams, gels, serums, soaps, injections....

What products have you used in the last 10 years and you regret using?

​some shady products I bought from instagram/ Nigeria which made me white but gave me stretch marks

What products worked for you and what products damaged your skin?

HQ of any kind worked for me, but gave me pink undertone so I skipped that. using steroids not knowingly again from the Nigerian seller from instagram.

What products will you continue to use in 2020?

DIY OF ANY KIND AND Glutathione orally and IV

What was your starting shade, what is your current shade, what is your goal shade?

Current shade/ starting shade: Cassie (medium brown)

goal shade: Selena Gomez

After a decade of skin lightening, did you ever reach your goal?

nope, because I jumped around too much product to product got greedy with results and bought shady products I shouldn't have had to began with! started lightning at the age of 15 and I am currently 25 and back to my original colour.

You can answer in no particular order or skip whatever questions you like. Would be great to hear from you. Please feel free to give more details if you wish. Let's revive this thread.

my answers in red

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Candyflaw View Post
    We really scared people off with our formaldehylde convo 🤣😂. But wheww that extreme glow serum is potent huh ? Want to try I í*¾íµ´😂. Pls Post the pic
    You should try it. It is really good. My skin is lighter, smooth and even. No knuckles and my stretch marks are fading or evening with my skin. I think it’️s because I mixed it with F&W.

Attachment 64769
    I've been using this for a week with RA and so far nothing noticeable. Except the smell is very strong. It's like potent perfume. Has anyone had luck with the tube version of extreme glow? I hate my face being so red. I want a natural pink undertone, not red.

Quote Originally Posted by shallalah View Post
    I've been using this for a week with RA and so far nothing noticeable. Except the smell is very strong. It's like potent perfume. Has anyone had luck with the tube version of extreme glow? I hate my face being so red. I want a natural pink undertone, not red.
    @Shallalah Extreme glow serum contains retinyl palmitate, which is a softer form of Retin A. Which means you’re using 2 strong products that should NOT be used together. You end up with red and easily bruised skin. EG serum is very strong. It should not be used with other acids. I wouldn’t even use it alone on my face, except you have a strong face that is chewed up from bleaching. Mix the serum in your lightening cream and you’ll see results.
    As for the gel, I never used it but I wouldn’t trust it.
    Holy Mary mother of Hydroquinone, help us.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@Shallalah Extreme glow serum contains retinyl palmitate, which is a softer form of Retin A. Which means you’️re using 2 strong products that should NOT be used together. You end up with red and easily bruised skin. EG serum is very strong. It should not be used with other acids. I wouldn’️t even use it alone on my face, except you have a strong face that is chewed up from bleaching. Mix the serum in your lightening cream and you’️ll see results.
    As for the gel, I never used it but I wouldn’️t trust it.
    Oh gosh. I didnt realize I was putting two retina a's on my face. My mom was commenting how red my face and neck wasand there is a distinct line from my chest where my chest is a healthy pale yellowish peach color. I've never lightened my chest but that was my initial goal before my skin started to get all red. Thanks @Blackboy .

I'm interested in a cream called derma white. It contains kojic acid. Apparently.

Oh gosh. I didnt realize I was putting two retina a's on my face. My mom was commenting how red my face and neck wasand there is a distinct line from my chest where my chest is a healthy pale yellowish peach color. I've never lightened my chest but that was my initial goal before my skin started to get all red. Thanks @Blackboy .

I'm interested in a cream called derma white. It contains kojic acid. Apparently.
    ........retinyl palmitate is an antioxidant. It a ester of "retinol" which is no way near "retin a". Retinyl palmitate is known to be in sunscreens and many other cosmetic products, its a very cheap ingredient, and used often. Its is extremely weak, as is retinol. It doesn't work the same as Retin A, nor as Retinol......there is a HUGE difference between the two and retinyl palmitate is even weaker then retinol.

If you are getting red its from something else in your products, I am very familiar with RP, and I can assure you its not the RP causing the redness. @shallalah
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    ........retinyl palmitate is an antioxidant. It a ester of "retinol" which is no way near "retin a". Retinyl palmitate is known to be in sunscreens and many other cosmetic products, its a very cheap ingredient, and used often. Its is extremely weak, as is retinol. It doesn't work the same as Retin A, nor as Retinol......there is a HUGE difference between the two and retinyl palmitate is even weaker then retinol.

If you are getting red its from something else in your products, I am very familiar with RP, and I can assure you its not the RP causing the redness. @shallalah
    @gymrat , it feels like we’re having a brainstorming contest to show who is smarter. You always tend to counteract my opinion to prove me wrong. But it’s ok.

Retinyl palmitate contains retinol (vitamin A). Retin-A is also vitamin A, but much stronger. Retinol and Retin-A both belong to the same class of acid called “Retinoid” and are both derived from vitamin A.

Extreme glow serum is very concentrated and helps rebuild skin collagen to make it look younger and glowing, thanks to its Retinyl palmitate (vitamin A). Same thing Retin-A (vitamin A) does, but much stronger. Using both together can cause redness.

Just for clarity. God bless.
    Holy Mary mother of Hydroquinone, help us.

@gymrat , it feels like we’re having a brainstorming contest to show who is smarter. You always tend to counteract my opinion to prove me wrong. But it’s ok.

Retinyl palmitate contains retinol (vitamin A). Retin-A is also vitamin A, but much stronger. Retinol and Retin-A both belong to the same class of acid called “Retinoid” and are both derived from vitamin A.

Extreme glow serum is very concentrated and helps rebuild skin collagen to make it look younger and glowing, thanks to its Retinyl palmitate (vitamin A). Same thing Retin-A (vitamin A) does, but much stronger. Using both together can cause redness.

Just for clarity. God bless.
    Not trying to prove anyone wrong, but more educate those that maybe are confused and not understanding. I was responding strictly because you said......glow serum contains retinyl palmitate, which is a softer form of Retin A. Retin A is a prescription, nothing you are going to see in an over the counter product.

Retin A and Retinol are both retinoids........just as apple pie and key lime, are both pies. They are, but very different for many reasons. Physical sunscreen and chemical sunscreens are both sunscreens but work completely different. RA and retinol, are no different.

Retin A is a prescribed product for a reason, retinol is sold over the counter for a reason. They work at completely different levels. They are NOT alike, and do not work alike. Retin A is a synthetic form of Vitamin A. Retinol is a natural form of Vitamin A. Big difference.

Retinol itself doesn't affect the skin directly. Enzymes within the skin must first convert retinol into retinoic acid. It's only when it is converted to retinoic acid that it becomes effective. The conversion process can take a long time. Also, how much retinol is actually converted into retinoic acid is dependent on many things, including the amount of retinol is in the product to begin with, and if it's degraded. Because of all of these factors, retinol is a slow worker. You won't see much in the way of results for up to six months or longer.

Tretinoin (Retin A) is retinoic acid. You don't have to wait for the skin to convert it (to retinoic acid), Retin-A works faster and is more powerful than retinol products. You will see immediate results of how RA works the day after you use it. It is that powerful. The lowest strength Retin-A is stronger than the highest strength retinol product.

There is a reason RA is a prescription and prescription strength.
    Retinol is over the counter, the effects are less dramatic, and are tougher to verify.

As for a product that contains Vit A, If your product doesn't have Vitamin A listed in the top five label ingredients, it isn't going to be very effected, if you are looking for (Vitamin A) results. The further an ingredient is listed the less it is in a product. And a product you purchase over the counter isn't going to contain Retin A, nor work like Retin A.

There is LOADS of information on this forum explaining the ends and outs of Retin A, Retinol, we go in great length to explain the two for many reasons. As for RP, it isn't anything to even be a concern with, and will not give over night immediate redness, unless you are allergic, its extremely weak, much weaker then retinol.

Hope that clears the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post

Oh I see... I haven't changed anything in my routine except the addition of extreme glow. It might be too strong for me. Maybe I'll use it 4 times a week instead of every night. Thanks gymie

Oh I see... I haven't changed anything in my routine except the addition of extreme glow. It might be too strong for me. Maybe I'll use it 4 times a week instead of every night. Thanks gymie
    @shallalah what I would do is cut back usage, if it still bothers you, and this is the only product you've added, remove it and see how your skin looks. And remember, food, the environment, stress, etc, can all be contributing factors to why our skin reacts in certain ways. You can use the same 4 products for months then all of a sudden one starts to bother you. Stop for awhile, pick it back up and everything is ok again.

Our skin speaks, we just need to listen to it and of course your very welcome, always.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements