Skin Care Talk banner

The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread

206K views 485 replies 79 participants last post by  saucey 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, as we come to the end of a decade and beginning of a new one, I would like us to share our experiences, regrets, lessons from skin lightening products we've used in the past decade. Creams, gels, serums, soaps, injections....

What products have you used in the last 10 years and you regret using?

What products worked for you and what products damaged your skin?

What products will you continue to use in 2020?

What was your starting shade, what is your current shade, what is your goal shade?

After a decade of skin lightening, did you ever reach your goal?

You can answer in no particular order or skip whatever questions you like. Would be great to hear from you. Please feel free to give more details if you wish. Let's revive this thread.

#75 ·
Are there any *natural* products I can use that DO NOT increase sensitivity to sun? I am okay with product working super slow if that is the only way. I have very sensitive skin that already flares up in sun and I don't want to make it worse. And yes I do use strong spf.

#76 ·
I would think any product that changes your skin color is bound to increase sensitivity to the sun. That’s why we use sunscreen. Some are just more harsh than others. The trick would be to avoid exfoliating as you have sensitive skin.

#79 ·
Soooo after i stopped using HQ i broke out so bad and was literally getting pimples back to back! I normally have clear skin. I bought some differin gel and that helped stop it then ended up going to a dermatologist who prescribed enthromycin gel and trentinoin. I really love the trentinoin.

I have been using ikb cream and makari lightening glycerin. I use cerave am cream in the morning and vitamin e cream at night and occasionally i use glycolic acid toner. So far i love the result; i am the lightest i have been with pink undertones. The only thing the skin on my cheeks is really thin and keeps getting irritated im done with my ikb cream so im looking for something different that will lighten my body and my eyes (i have had no luck with my dark circles)

I am think about getting some products for gittles that someone said is really good and all natural

#81 ·
Hello everyone, as we come to the end of a decade and beginning of a new one, I would like us to share our experiences, regrets, lessons from skin lightening products we've used in the past decade. Creams, gels, serums, soaps, injections....

What products have you used in the last 10 years and you regret using?

​some shady products I bought from instagram/ Nigeria which made me white but gave me stretch marks

What products worked for you and what products damaged your skin?

HQ of any kind worked for me, but gave me pink undertone so I skipped that. using steroids not knowingly :( again from the Nigerian seller from instagram.

What products will you continue to use in 2020?

DIY OF ANY KIND AND Glutathione orally and IV

What was your starting shade, what is your current shade, what is your goal shade?

Current shade/ starting shade: Cassie (medium brown)

goal shade: Selena Gomez

After a decade of skin lightening, did you ever reach your goal?

nope, because I jumped around too much product to product got greedy with results and bought shady products I shouldn't have had to began with! started lightning at the age of 15 and I am currently 25 and back to my original colour.

You can answer in no particular order or skip whatever questions you like. Would be great to hear from you. Please feel free to give more details if you wish. Let's revive this thread.

my answers in red :)

#94 ·
havent read everyones yet but here's my input

first time I used caro by angel mixed with pink gg I was yellow af. haven't gotten that again except once when I mixed the oil..

I regret buying proderma kligman, skintrium and whitenicious. they were expensive and didn't do anything.

I liked: skintrium coloda
rosance x20 oil
koije san dream white
ct+ oil
fashion fair gel
sure white gel
clear quick gel
extreme glow gel (yellow af)
labi cream
gg oil
neoclear serum
ikb gel
precious cream
relumins gluta
f&W aha soap
caro tube/oil

you'd think I'd be light skin by now but no. my skin never seems to peel. all this time and my arms stay dark.

lightest I've been was 2018. I was 310 fenty due to arbutin and b3. I was in a cooler environment. i started at nc50 from the sun. I was nw43 when I first started using natural products. now I'm nc45 :(

current: View attachment 65457

goal : View attachment 65461

plan: I want to be my yellow color like my wrists and chest. I'm planning to promix dodo lotion, with gluta iv. I'm going to maintain with lactic/arbutin/kojic lotion.

rn I'm using this dum little cream it brightened me a shade. also skin peel shop miracle peel / peeling lotion. just started but I am micro peeling. they're gentle I love them for the future. but if I don't peel enough Ima get ypo. also diy body scrub.

:)

#107 ·
skin success having clobetasol? Lol this hilarious cos it doesn't even lighten..it just tones/brightens the skin a lil

Fair white(I hope it ain't fair&white) having more than 4% HQ like it doesn't even lighten on its own without adding alot of serums and gels

#113 ·
So i recently added lemnovate to my mix and replaced the IKB (i just finished ikb tube) and i noticed a green vein coming through by my right eye. I also started using vitamin c serum on my eyes to lighten it. Idk if this mix is affecting it but i will stop using lemnovate. It smells like cleaning supplies. Im going back to neoprosone cream.

#118 ·
Are you using lemonvate cream or gel? I just ordered the gel hoping it'll get rid of the weird red complexion of my face. I had green veins popping out under my eyes while I was using G&G oil but u got rid of it by using ra. I didn't directly put in under my eyes but I think some of it may have gotten under there since I would notice light peeling 2 days after I use ra. The quality of my facial skin is so much healthier and even now, even though it is darker.

#115 ·
@shawtykid20 hey, I live in the UK, do you know where I can get Yellow Peeling oil from? Also can you use any Dead Sea Salt for the exfoliating mix, or are there better brands than others?
@Lunabrown I brought my yellow peeling oil off eBay . Go on eBay and look for sellers with good reviews and rating then you will know that it’s authentic a lot of fake ones out there. Yes you can use any Dead Sea salt

#116 ·
Hi guys, I’ve been a lurker for over 5 years now loool. I have posted once or twice before in the past but I’ve never been so active. But this year 2020 I must participate! Anyways, my Goal is Maria Musa current complexion. I think she’s been lightening her skin. I’ve been exfoliating for about a month now. I was using ct + but will like to try something new as I’m hearing it has mercury. Below is a pic of my current colour in daylight.

Attachments

#123 ·
@Blackboy oh thank you but I have I stopped using cream when I found out I was pregnant. I gave birth November 2019 . I’m currently exfoliating with DIY LA lotion. So I’m thinking of boosting with CT+ oil and lotion. And then maintain with something else. But I need a good regime and products. This was me before I had baby. I took this photo inside the house.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.