Skin Care Talk banner

The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread

205K views 485 replies 79 participants last post by  saucey 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, as we come to the end of a decade and beginning of a new one, I would like us to share our experiences, regrets, lessons from skin lightening products we've used in the past decade. Creams, gels, serums, soaps, injections....

What products have you used in the last 10 years and you regret using?

What products worked for you and what products damaged your skin?

What products will you continue to use in 2020?

What was your starting shade, what is your current shade, what is your goal shade?

After a decade of skin lightening, did you ever reach your goal?

You can answer in no particular order or skip whatever questions you like. Would be great to hear from you. Please feel free to give more details if you wish. Let's revive this thread.

#2 ·
I regret using: Carowhite (cream, oil, tube), Fair & White So White Skin Perfector lotion (Europe version), Clairissime lotion, clinic clear, Body white lotion, dermovate gel, carotone. Will update as I remember.

I am using F&W exclusive with Extreme glow serum, carobright lemon serum, betavate gel.

I definitely plan to keep using F&W cos that's the only cream I use and don't have to keep looking at my skin like a mad woman. After I finish this Extreme glow, I won't buy it again.

My starting shade was NC45, now I'm NC42

#5 ·
- I started with skinlight used that in 2009 I believe. I lightened but not drastically. It helped me get rid of my extremely bad acne.

Then a friend introduced me to carolight. „Girlll I used this and looked like a video vixen you gotta try this cream!“ she did not lie lol the cream made me super light and that’s when the addiction started lol. I was light but really high yellow/ orangey looking and knuckles were a nightmare and I had white patches all over. Fakes started circulating and every shop stopped selling it and it got harder and harder to get hq in stores.

Next in line was vit fee. I was mixing it with some serums I don’t really remember but i had the most beautiful skin color. I was so high yellow I really had Rihanna’s skin tone and was wearing blonde hair everyone was turning their heads after me. I used pills to gain weight and these were my downfall!!! They were steroid pills that make you gain weight unhealthily quickly so I gained like 20 pounds in a short period of time. After 3 months of usage my skin literally ripped. My tights look like a lion attacked me. I have them on my bum, my skin around my armpit, a bit on my boobs it was a nightmare. Every day I woke up to new stretch marks I was crying for weeks. Stopped all creams and only used shea Butter to at least stop the spreading of stretch marks.

Even though I stopped all creams I still kept my skin tone for some weeks I suppose because of the steroids in my system, then my color dropped and I had scars I was devastated. I used skin light again but it didn’t make me as light anymore. Then I got back to this forum and decided I wanted to go natural.

I started using g‘n‘g it worked sooo slowly I almost kicked it to the curb. Then I recognized a slight lightening effect. I started mixing it with the oil, Neoprosone, precious gel - it made me light again but this time not high yellow but a pale glow. I always thought I would not like myself being too pale bc it wouldn’t look realistic with my features but it was actually a really beautiful tone. I think I used this cream the longest. Used it for 3.5 years until again, fakes circulated and the toll threw away my 200€ Worth order bc Germans customs is a messss.
Anyway gng was bae but tbh it really thinned out the skin extremely and I don’t believe it was natural at all but it didn’t do me any harm.

Now I’m cream hopping bc nothing compares to gng and I really wanna stop hq. I used QEI+ ... biggest scam cream ever I used it with serum and maxilight serum. It didn’t do anything but give me a glow. No lightening at all. When my coworker told I resemble Whitney Houston I was like ok that it man duxk this shxit lol I was done done. And I hopped to F&W so white maxitone version. I used it until a couple days ago when someone on this forum said it contains ish that u use to conserve dead bodies So I’m done with that one too lol. The cream is oooookay I would say it’s a bit like skinlight but slower. And it contains hq which I didnt like.
Right now I’m only exfoliating and I’m lurking on lightenmes thread to see if Glutha is working, I wanna use it but I’m a broke student so I gotta Plan it all out first.

So in a nutshell what worked: vit fee, carolight, gng and also carotone (carolight in a slightly less harsher way)

What didn’t work: Qei+ probably way more that I don’t remember now.

Oh and idk who might relate to this but bc I have very acne prone skin and sensitive skin on my face I could never use ikb and Neoprosone on my face for too long. It thinned out my skin and made it red.

Starting shade: I think nw45 but I probably got mismatched bc I was nc42 on my lightest - normally You can’t change undertones. My fav is nc44 tho everything beyond that is really hard to hold for me.

For 2020 I wish to use only supplements, my exfoliating stuff and start diy lotions coz I’ve been using toxins for way too long.

Anyway lightening for around 10 years is actually crazy but I really had a confident boost when I was at my lightest and what they say about ppl treating you better/ differently might be true, but it def also stems from ppl noticing how confident you actually are.

on to new beginnings and may the next decade be as deLightful as this one. | Cheers ~

#8 ·
@deeznuts great review. Thanks for sharing. The F&W So white with HQ does not contain Formaldehyde. It is the Europe version without HQ that contains it. But you can check the ingredients to be sure. If it has “Formaldehyde” written on it, then pls run. That’s a cancer causing agent.

#10 ·
@deeznuts great review. Thanks for sharing. The F&W So white with HQ does not contain Formaldehyde. It is the Europe version without HQ that contains it. But you can check the ingredients to be sure. If it has “Formaldehyde” written on it, then pls run. That’️s a cancer causing agent.
Yepp checked it.. they even wrote it under the ingredients in many languages: contains formaldehyd 😞 I bought it in gt world.

#15 ·
What worked really well for me was ikb gel but it broke me out really bad and I redarkend super fast, I didn’t really like the tone much it gives like this pinkish pale undertone but it lightens quickly
F&w vitamin c serum lightened me good a few years ago but when I went back to it for some reason it didn’t do a thing
“Priny mix” worked well on my body some years ago
Glycolic acid lotion made my skin soft and smooth
Fair and white aha lotion was ok didn’t lighten but I like the consistency and how it sunk into the skin
What I’m ditching in 2020 is labidjanaise did absolutely nothing and I mean nothing but left my skin super dry
Mitchel brand gels (I will use if I can’t find anything else to use)
Caro white made me too orange

#20 ·
Im ditching Caro White, keeping the ordinary products. I like how the glycolic toner helps my skin texture.

I recently incorporated Rice Water and Differin Gel into my regimen. I will see how the work. I might get rid of IKB cream and replace it with something else. Havent seen the same effects like the Neoprosone cream. Im looking for something more natural and i might make my own cream with less chemicals. I dont like how many parabens mitchell brands use in their products. Seems unnecessary

#27 ·
Amalactin has helped my skin even out overtime.I have been on a CT clear with Lighten up tube and Amos white serum mix since June and it's been going on beautifully.I DIY facials twice a week and exfoliate my body with salt scrub once a week.
I don't miss my daily supplement of collagen,liposomal vitamin c,NAC and Vitamin E.
My skin is not perfect yet but I'm happy with my result.
I tried adding schenic perfect legs to a mix I tried out earlier,in order to prevent green veins but it killed the potency.

#36 ·
Hi everyone!
I started my lightening journey in 2014 at NW45 and I've had quite the experience! I'm at NC55 now I believe (I haven't had my shade checked in a long time and I don't really use make up.)

I've used caro white, G&G cream, Dodo lotion and soap, amlactin (for exfoliating), labidjanaise (spot treatment).

Staples: DIY LA lotion, RA .01% gel, Kojie san KA soap. I use exfoliating gloves at least once a week.

Products I regret using:
- Dodo soap: gave me very bad white patches
- G&G oil (peach). It made me the lightest and gave me a high yellow tone that I loved but also gave me white patches and I got perioral dermatitis ON MY FACE after 4 months! I was devastated but it cleared up after using Dettol antibacterial soap and a prescription antibacterial cream. That's how I confirmed it contained steroids.

Currently using: F&W vitamin C serum with HQ, F&W so white skin perfector gel and lotion(layer with LA lotion), F&W AHA lotion+mayi white serum+sure white serum.

I believe I'm at my goal shade which is not too light but I'm having issues with my hands and fingers which don't seem to be responding to any product at all 😞

#48 ·
Anybody used Maxi white serum hydroquinone? I'm wondering if it's as strong as the kojic acid version in terms exfoliation and peeling? Can I use the Maxi white HQ directly on my face or I have to mix it with a cream?

#55 ·
This website contains a list of your favourite lightening products and their hidden ingredients. Let’️s expose the devil and burn the witch.

conhttps://www.southwark.gov.uk/assets/attach/2569/LTS-skin-lighteners-adverse-samples-2019-v1.0.pdf
wow I just read through it and I’m shock to see that g&g pink lid has hydroquinone I thought it was natural I know the red lid has steroids but I thought the pink lid only contains natural lighteners smh even supreme white I thought that one was natural too.. for the extreme glow it said it has hydroquinone too well at least we know it doesn’t have steroids like we suspected

#54 ·
Hello guys, i’m planning to use monobenzone for my skin however i’m really worried about repigmentation following sun exposure as i have heard it’s gonna be patchy and spot like. I dont really mind little repigmentation if its even and normal. Does anyone have any idea about how the repigmentation will look like?

#61 ·
I was more speechless about Likas soap... I used this and was very pale was wondering why the store in the U.K. stopped stocking it. As for Supreme white I read a report that the U.K. stockist was shut down some years back after they found HQ in it. All the good stuff then... I hope gluta will turn out to be my HG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.