Skin Care Talk banner

The 2020 Skin Lightening Thread

205K views 485 replies 79 participants last post by  saucey 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, as we come to the end of a decade and beginning of a new one, I would like us to share our experiences, regrets, lessons from skin lightening products we've used in the past decade. Creams, gels, serums, soaps, injections....

What products have you used in the last 10 years and you regret using?

What products worked for you and what products damaged your skin?

What products will you continue to use in 2020?

What was your starting shade, what is your current shade, what is your goal shade?

After a decade of skin lightening, did you ever reach your goal?

You can answer in no particular order or skip whatever questions you like. Would be great to hear from you. Please feel free to give more details if you wish. Let's revive this thread.

#191 ·
Material property

Anyone here ever used Carrot glow cream? They said it’s 50g but it’s so small and mine smells like medicine. I’m not seeing any glow whatsoever and I don’t even know if it’s lightening me. Extreme glow was like magic. It’s been 1 week now.

#195 ·
View attachment 65681

Anyone here ever used Carrot glow cream? They said it’️s 50g but it’️s so small and mine smells like medicine. I’️m not seeing any glow whatsoever and I don’️t even know if it’️s lightening me. Extreme glow was like magic. It’️s been 1 week now.
Please ditch the entire glow line, i think that’s about the only steriod/mecury/whatever is in that i ever used....unknowingly that is,was perfect until i saw veins on my nose,lol,luckily i caught it in time to stop,and skin build without any major damage.

#213 ·
Update:

As some of you may have read, I complained about how F&W So white stopped working after a while. Last night I decided to try it again in another mix.

I used F&W vitamin C serum (kojic acid) on my face. Waited 5 minutes.
Then I mixed So White tube cream(HQ) on my palms with 3 drops of MW serum(HQ) and rubbed it on my face.

I woke up this morning to a high yellow complexion. I kid you not. It lightened me high yellow overnight. It’s crazy how MW and So White mix is a perfect couple. The lightening is a bit uneven cos I only used it once but I’m thrilled at how fast it worked. I’m sticking to this. I regret wasting my money on Carrot Glow cream.
Like gymrat said, use what you have in your shelve before buying another product.

#216 ·
Update:

As some of you may have read, I complained about how F&W So white stopped working after a while. Last night I decided to try it again in another mix.

I used F&W vitamin C serum (kojic acid) on my face. Waited 5 minutes.
Then I mixed So White tube cream(HQ) on my palms with 3 drops of MW serum(HQ) and rubbed it on my face.

I woke up this morning to a high yellow complexion. I kid you not. It lightened me high yellow overnight. It’️s crazy how MW and So White mix is a perfect couple. The lightening is a bit uneven cos I only used it once but I’️m thrilled at how fast it worked. I’️m sticking to this. I regret wasting my money on Carrot Glow cream.
Like gymrat said, use what you have in your shelve before buying another product.
@Blackboy that’s good! My order of fnw came today Where did u order or MW serum?? I plan on using that of carowhite oil If I can’t get the MW serum

#223 ·
Does anyone know what undertone I have ? I feel that I’m on a more pale undertone rather than yellow but not sure ? @gymrat @lightenme
@Mkkay you my friend have a warm/olive undertone :heart: think of it this way, if you had a cool undertone you would sunburn, when you have a warm undertone you typically are prone to tan.

#240 ·
Hey guys, has anyone tried to lighten with this caro light intensive cream tube? I wanted to use it on my knuckles since they are are really stubborn 😣 I tried lightening them with an LA lotion but that only made them worse 😞 And now I thought I could maybe use this product to solve my problem areas...the only thing is that I’ve heard that the tube contains steroids but it’s no where stated (as you can see on the picture with the ingredients) so..now i’m confused 🤔 kindly share your reviews/experiences please or maybe you have an alternative for me ☺

Attachments

#254 ·
Hey guys, has anyone tried to lighten with this caro light intensive cream tube? I wanted to use it on my knuckles since they are are really stubborn 😣 I tried lightening them with an LA lotion but that only made them worse 😞 And now I thought I could maybe use this product to solve my problem areas...the only thing is that I’ve heard that the tube contains steroids but it’s no where stated (as you can see on the picture with the ingredients) so..now i’m confused 🤔 kindly share your reviews/experiences please or maybe you have an alternative for me ☺
I don't know if it contain steroid really, not listing the actual content of a product is why we call them dodgy product. Many list of recalled product has been posted before and they always make us wonder.
yeah I know what you mean but Caro light by Angle cosmetics actually is reliable, they do list the correct ingredients and I have already came across a tube cream by them with “ Clobetasol Propionate” on the ingredients list but as for this product i posted a picture of, it says hq 2%. maybe they have two versions idk yet, I’ll do some further research. thank you for your reply 🤝
You are right I used the Carolight mix back in the days when it was the rave, it was general knowledge that they had one tube with steroids and another with a lot of hq, we used to mix the tub, with 2 of the hq tube cream and some of the oil. It worked well but gives an orange hue to some and can be staining on the palms. This was the cream I used before moving onto Qei which was emerging as the rave product back then...

#255 ·
@tonedpretty omg yes exactly! that is how i remember a lot of people using it, thanks for clarifying it again! Also i really am getting this orange hue that i am not a fan of, but i was told that it is not permanent and to continue the use of it because it will turn to a yellow complexion which is what i am actually looking for 😩 do you know how to achieve that look?

or maybe someone else on here?

I am aware that u cannot change ur undertone but maybe there is a way for my lotion to not further enhance this orange tone Caro light is giving me ��

#259 ·
@tonedpretty omg yes exactly! that is how i remember a lot of people using it, thanks for clarifying it again! Also i really am getting this orange hue that i am not a fan of, but i was told that it is not permanent and to continue the use of it because it will turn to a yellow complexion which is what i am actually looking for 😩 do you know how to achieve that look?

or maybe someone else on here?

I am aware that u cannot change ur undertone but maybe there is a way for my lotion to not further enhance this orange tone Caro light is giving me ��
If you can get a KA based serum or gel it will help balance out the orange hue. I think I used mine with vitamin c pills back then.

But I do remember that some people just used it till they got passed that faze.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.