I'm in tears 😭... What went wrong???!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: I'm in tears 😭... What went wrong???!

Good morning from here (🇳&#x1f1ec SCT. I used my last cash to buy my lotion, some whitening additives; glutathione, liquorice, niacinamide and snowhite powders and Q7 rose water and glycerin. Got them measured out into a bowl and added three teaspoon of the glycerin/rose water to the powders and proceeded to double boiling to melt them properly. I added the solution to a cup of my lotion already measured out to another bowl. When I turn it, at first, it was going solid and then separated! Now, I have a very watery lotion with water content of the lotion disintegrated from the solid oils! Guys, I've been tears since last night I tried that shit. And I'm here to know what I did wrong. Anyways, I've not really used powders on my lotion. It's been oils, serums and extracts. And one time I built my lotion from scratch, I dissolved my powders with rose water only. Please I'm in massive tears right now. I don't have to use after bathe and I can't immediately afford another lotion now. Tell me it's because of the Q7 Glycerine/rose water or the double boiling that caused the disintegration.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LaVeev View Post
    Good morning from here (🇳🇬[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skincaretalk.com/images/smilies/wink.png[/IMG] SCT. I used my last cash to buy my lotion, some whitening additives; glutathione, liquorice, niacinamide and snowhite powders and Q7 rose water and glycerin. Got them measured out into a bowl and added three teaspoon of the glycerin/rose water to the powders and proceeded to double boiling to melt them properly. I added the solution to a cup of my lotion already measured out to another bowl. When I turn it, at first, it was going solid and then separated! Now, I have a very watery lotion with water content of the lotion disintegrated from the solid oils! Guys, I've been tears since last night I tried that shit. And I'm here to know what I did wrong. Anyways, I've not really used powders on my lotion. It's been oils, serums and extracts. And one time I built my lotion from scratch, I dissolved my powders with rose water only. Please I'm in massive tears right now. I don't have to use after bathe and I can't immediately afford another lotion now. Tell me it's because of the Q7 Glycerine/rose water or the double boiling that caused the disintegration.
    I guess you bought your ingredients for the "Organic Shops".
    Some of the powders are not supposed to be used together in the form that they are.For example, Snow-white powder and Niacinamide powder don't mix well together.Infact Snow-white powder doesn't mix well with most whitening powders.
    Double- boiling of Glutathione powder???That doesn't ever turn out well.
    Niacinamide and Glutathione powder can be used together without hearing them .
    Most people use propylene glycol to dissolve their powders to a fine consistency but you need to read up on the side effects of it.
    There are lots of effective cream in the Nigerian market that will give you great results without all these stress.
    Be thou my vision O Lord of my heart

@jcole Thanks for responding. I know there lots of lotions in the market, well my problem is getting a good one without steroids and co. The lotion I've been using is quite good ( I can't vouch it's without bad ingredient(s) but if you don't mind, I'd like you to recommend some good lotions for me. However, I not a fan those self proclaimed organic skin care therapist. Most of them use hq and steroids. I'd rather keep on experimenting. All I need is guidance and an excellent forum like this. And I hope you don't mind if I ask for your guidance?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@jcole Thanks for responding. I know there lots of lotions in the market, well my problem is getting a good one without steroids and co. The lotion I've been using is quite good ( I can't vouch it's without bad ingredient(s) but if you don't mind, I'd like you to recommend some good lotions for me. However, I not a fan those self proclaimed organic skin care therapist. Most of them use hq and steroids. I'd rather keep on experimenting. All I need is guidance and an excellent forum like this. And I hope you don't mind if I ask for your guidance?
    I also need guidance too and you know what there is no lightening without those two ingredients,90% of the body creams out in the market contain them but you can give exfoliating with Lactic acid (12%) or glycolic acid(5%),a try.They seem to improve the appearance of the skin.
    Be thou my vision O Lord of my heart

Shake together before use each time to see if you can use it. When it come to mixing
    DIY products you need to know the do and don't.
    Don't mix everything at a time, improve finished product with what is already in your store bought product i.e if your product has KA, licorice, bearberry and mulberry add a little of those for starter.
    Most important look up every single item (powder) on Lotioncrafter and makingcosmetics how to use each one of them will be explained, know that PH is very important.
    Ask gymrat.
    Beauties are fair and slim.

@jcole forgive me responding late. I run a busy schedule. Thank you so much for your advice. Actually, I've been giving LA a thought. Perhaps, I should begin from there. Will purchase the necessary ingredients and seek directions once I'm all set. Thanks again!

@tru IMPH Thanks for the candid advice. Ordinarily, its the way to go without being told. I got carried away! Well, I couldn't bear seeing or even, using the lotion that way. So I discarded it. It would be a painful reminder of my foolishness. Anyways, I think I should begin from scratch, if I want a nice skin; LA, it is! It's time I stop the quick fixes. Once I'm ready, I'll seek out @gymrat . Thanks again

@tru IMPH Thanks for the candid advice. Ordinarily, its the way to go without being told. I got carried away! Well, I couldn't bear seeing or even, using the lotion that way. So I discarded it. It would be a painful reminder of my foolishness. Anyways, I think I should begin from scratch, if I want a nice skin; LA, it is! It's time I stop the quick fixes. Once I'm ready, I'll seek out @gymrat . Thanks again
    I didn't see you mention the base you were actually using? I also don't see any oils that you mentioned using?? As for the ingredients, they are water soluble, should have mixed in your base lotion if it were water based?? After it liquefied did you give it time to turn to a solid again?

As for LA........purchase Amlactin before wasting $ on supplies etc to make your own. See if its something you want to use before investing in getting what you need to make it. Save yourself the heart ache. If you can't find Amlactin, let me know where you are located and I can mention something similar.

Don't give up, plenty of us here to help you!!
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

@gymrat Thanks for responding and forgive me for replying this late. Busy schdule is my excuse! Ok, first I live in Nigeria 🇳🇬 ; one of the southern states (in any case you're in Nigeria with me or you're familiar with my country). I bought Pure Egyptian Magic White ( Gold Maxi-Tone) and the whitening additives earlier mentioned and proceeded with the method mentioned in the original post and got the result that got me crying! I was scared to add them directly to the lotion, fearing that they won't dissolve properly, which made me use the method. And oil, no, I didn't add any. I was talking about the oil part of the lotion that separated from the water content of the lotion. I didn't discard the lotion immediately. Discarded it after a day when it was obvious it won't solidify. In fact, I went ahead to use a stick blender on it. It did mix and creamify (very thin consistency) but disintegrated after a while. Discarded after that.

Right now, I wish to start at the bottom or start with LA lotion (exfoliation; it has always be part of my regime. DIY sugar scrub but I want something more efficient and portent).
    So, making my own LA lotion is more inexpensive than buying Amlactin here in Nigeria. And I want to start with 15% at least. And Amlactin is only 12%. Nigeria stock two types of Amlactin; the green lettered container and the blue lettered container. Both come in two sizes, small and big container.

Now, the green lettered is less expensive than the blue by a little sum. I'll go head and leave the figures in any case. The green one big: N15,000. Small: N8000. The blue one big: N15,500. Small: N9000

All in Nigerian currency. You can convert that to dollars to have an idea of it.

Then, if I can make mine it'll cost less and I can be able to have the percentage I want, unless otherwise adviced! Ordering locally, a 60ml bottle of lactic acid of 88% will cost me N3,000-4,000. I've made inquiries. And a bottle of Jergens (the recommended body lotion???) isn't more than N3,000.

Having stated all these, I'd like your advice on which way to go. Again, if I finally opt for the Amlactin, which of them should I go for? As I may likely go for Amlactin to avoid the stress of a DIY and of course, having a professional lotion. In that case, is it OK to increase the percentage? And that's if you advise it. Again I don't mind the hassle of a DIY LA lotion, if it's not advised to increase the percentage of Amlactin in a case I need a higher percentage (15% or more). It's all about what you advise, finally! Forgive me for the long 'epistle'!
    Attached Images Attached Images

You want the Amlactin Green label, and no I am not in Nigeria I am in California. Yes you can increase the strength of Amlactin if you choose too later down the road. I would keep the contact for the lactic acid, 88% is fine to use. Use the Amlactin for a while its 12% lactic acid. See how you do with it. You can use it AM and PM. Just keep yourself covered when in the sun or outside. It will make you more sensitive to sunlight so just be careful and keep yourself covered.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements