Skin Care Talk banner

House of Beauty World scammed me

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  lili2467 
#1 ·
I placed an order with House of Beauty World for $39.99 and chose the Amazon Pay option. I’m sure I was on the correct website. It was deducted from my account, received a text from my bank and received a conformation from Amazon Pay. House of beauty say they can’t look up my order and it doesn’t exist for them and didn’t even send me an order conformation number. I called them but it didn’t help much that’s all they said and they didn’t reply to my last email. I’m so upset about losing $40. But at the moment I really need to start lightning because I’ll be seeing my long distance boyfriend in 3 months and I want to look my best.

Can you guys please help me and tell me where to buy? If you recommend eBay can you recommend a trust seller? Or any other trusted website.

I tried amazon but wasn’t able to find G&G with the peach lid. The other products I want to buy are Carotone BSC serum and IKB lightning gel. I’ll mix these 3 products together.

I’ve posted a few times on this forum but I’m not getting any replies. I really love this community and I’m really hoping you guys help me.

#2 ·
Hmm I was just about to buy Fair & White lotion (hydroquinone) from them, as the EU version has no HQ. I was even worried if they’d really ship it as it would have to go through custom and it’s hydroquinone. Then I read some bad reviews here about that website and changed my mind.
I think G&G is discontinued and the ones they sell now are mostly fakes. I don’t know where you live but I’m pretty sure you’ll find these things at an African store. Try looking around

#6 ·
I wouldn't freak out to much, sometimes it does take time to process from Amazon Pay, give it a few days and see what happens.

But yes in the future with whatever site you use for any online order, get a paypal acct, I've had my paypal account for over 10 years and they have backed me up and handled any merchant I've ever had issues with, they are far and few when the merchant knows your paying with paypal.

#8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I asked Amazon Pay to contact them and they forwarded me House of Beauty’s response: “it didn't go through, authorization was cancelled.” But I was not refunded. I don’t know if should go after Amazon Pay or House of Beauty. I’m sure it’s a technical problem but no one is offering me a refund.

Can you guys recommend a different site? I’m too scared to order from them again even tho I do believe it was a technical issue. I’m considering US Beauty Bazaar and Paks.

The main thing I want now is a kojic acid serum. Beauty Baazar dont to carry Maxi White serum (couldn’t find it through the search option), the only have the gels and creams. Paks does sell it, I emailed them to ask if it’s the HQ or kojic acid one but they didn’t reply. Been a few days.

Should I get the one from Paks? Is it kojic acid? Or do you recommend a different website? Thank you <3

#9 ·
The main thing I want now is a kojic acid serum. Beauty Baazar dont to carry Maxi White serum (couldn’t find it through the search option), the only have the gels and creams. Paks does sell it, I emailed them to ask if it’s the HQ or kojic acid one but they didn’t reply. Been a few days.
Should I get the one from Paks? Is it kojic acid? Or do you recommend a different website? Thank you <3
hey hun, you could get ikb gel directly from mitchellbrands.com. Get the neoclear serum too, its got KA.

#11 ·
I saw your message about Paks potentially selling you expired good. I’m based in London & I’m think I may have ordered a fake/expired precious serum from them because it has been one month and I can see no change. Do you have any places you recommend I order from? I only like using non hq products. Thanks

#12 ·
I ordered from them and it didn't get stopped at customs. Everything arrived, this could have been unintentional but then I haven't used them enough to be sure. I was going to do another large order today but I don't think I will now. Contact the bank and see if you can get your money back x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.