Does all the protection make things worse?

Thread: Does all the protection make things worse?

Does all the protection make things worse?

So I’ve been baddeling Melasma for almost 10 years now and made a lot of experiences. Currently I Jude sunscreen factor 50 every day (summer or winter), sunglasses and hats in the summer.
    I take tranexamic acid on/ off during the summer to keep the spots from getting to dark and I have tried so many other things.

Sometimes I just wonder if all this sunprotection is making my skin even more sensitive to the sun since I rarely ever get any? Don’t get me wrong I’ll never totally skip it but it just seems like even a glimpse of sun is enough for the patches to darken while the normal skin keeps white as snow🤷‍♀️

Has any of you ever just thought “forget it - this summer I just wanna live my life and enjoy the sun”?
    And did it made it a lot worse? Just wondering since I don’t feel I can do anymore to protect my skin - and sometimes I’m thinking if it even helps - it sure causes a lot of stress with all the hats, shades etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by annewp View Post
    So I’ve been baddeling Melasma for almost 10 years now and made a lot of experiences. Currently I Jude sunscreen factor 50 every day (summer or winter), sunglasses and hats in the summer.
    I take tranexamic acid on/ off during the summer to keep the spots from getting to dark and I have tried so many other things.

Sometimes I just wonder if all this sunprotection is making my skin even more sensitive to the sun since I rarely ever get any? Don’t get me wrong I’ll never totally skip it but it just seems like even a glimpse of sun is enough for the patches to darken while the normal skin keeps white as snow🤷‍♀️

Has any of you ever just thought “forget it - this summer I just wanna live my life and enjoy the sun”?
    And did it made it a lot worse? Just wondering since I don’t feel I can do anymore to protect my skin - and sometimes I’m thinking if it even helps - it sure causes a lot of stress with all the hats, shades etc.
    All the time, that is why we rejoice when its winter time no sun, no sunscreen. It's winter here in California, its been a very cloudy winter.......to be honest, it isn't bothering me a bit. I know summer is around the corner, so I sit back and enjoy the clouds while I can. When summer hits, I will get the sunscreen out, and do what I've always done.......lather up butter cup!!

No one can force you to wear sunscreen, that choice it totally up to you. You will have to decide that for yourself, its your skin.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

4. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements