Skin Care Talk banner

G&g has hydroquinone ITS OFFICIAL

27K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  F1 Goddess 
#1 ·
Welp I found a document on the internet of some well known creams being tested. Turns out 55h+, g&g pink lid, piment doux serum, natures secrete and more all contain Hydroquinone ....

#4 ·
Hello everyone. I think its time we just agree that majority of all skin lightening products contain HQ or worst steroids. You can only be sure if you are mixing it yourself. That's why i stick to products that boldly label HQ. At least I'm sure it's HQ I'm putting and not steroids.

#7 ·
True. Unfortunately most products that clearly list HQ in their ingredients, also contain some amount of steroid which they don't list. Carowhite for example. We swore it was just high on HQ but it contains steroids. I figured out when it started making me sick and weakening my muscles.

I've been using Extreme glow serum and F&W and there's no denying that Extreme glow contains HQ and steroids. The tube was found to contain HQ. No results on the lotion and serum but I'm suspicious. I've been having weak muscles and moon face since I've been using that serum, which happens to me when I use steroids. I also feel it in my urine. After this mix, I won't buy it again.

#8 · (Edited)
Another message from my dermatologist: Most of the complications people get is from mixing different products together without understanding how the ingredients work. A lot of products are made to be used within their own range, because the ingredients were added in amounts that compliment their other products, like serums, creams etc.

Mixing 2 different line of products can lead to an overdose of certain ingredients they both contain. For example: mixing Carowhite + Skinlight + ikb gel + maxi white serum + Labi oil + Clinic clear + Surewhite serum etc... all of which are different line of products with some similar ingredients or ingredients that should not be mixed. There's a limit to the amount of ingredients the body can take.

This is why people get complications like thin skin, wide pores, washed out skin, green veins, looking older than their age, or their skin reaches a plateau quickly and creams stop working. The body can't take no more and the liver is overworked, especially without cleansing the toxins.

It would be safer to mix products of the same range. If you intend to use different products, it is better to layer them instead of mixing, or mix in small quantities, instead of the whole bottle at once.

This was what my dermatologist told me last week.

#12 ·
I was shocked when I found out about g&g too I’m so happy when @Blackboy posted the link because I had no idea I’m mad because I bought so Much g&g to use with my gluta thinking it’s all natural I don’t have a problem with hq I just wanted to stop using it so I could finally give the gluta a tru

#15 ·
My through is the old G&G used to be natural, remember it has been tested many times ,and reported to be have kojic acid and many other acids ( i tried it once and burned my skin ) certain websites before . But whenever i don't know why ,i think the company stop produce it . And yet market is full of remake or i will say fake. Because i use to see G&G on AliExpress too.

#18 ·
I couldn't find any information on it other than it contains Hydroquinone, which we already know. The EU version doesn't have Hydroquinone. I used the EU version and it damaged my skin so badly. I don't trust it. I'd rather stick to the Hydroquinone version. At least we know what it contains. But their "white up" remains a mystery

#19 ·
Very true that most lightening products, especially straight out of Africa contains more than it says on the label.

My body, somehow and thankfully hasbeen able to tell me when something has steroid or Hq in it even if it doesn’t say on the label
HQ gives me a high yellow tone, its like , just obvious on my skin.

Steroid on the other hand gives this pale washed out look. Like color was drained out of the skin area. Has anyone else experienced this?

This is how my body has “ conducted its own tests “ on creams and lotion and responded over the years. I once used Diva lotion that was rumoured to contain mercury. I was very sick. High fevers restlessness. Etc
I think we should mostly encourage DIY.livers and kidneys is too high a price for light skin

#21 ·
Very well said. Depends on the kind of steroid. Mecury gives the pale washed out tone. Clobetasol gives a high yellow tone, which is what you find in most gel tubes that contain steroid. People get that high yellow tone and it's so tempting.
Mecury definitely induces sickness and muscle weakness. Some people don't usually know what's making them sick. Took me time to figure out.

#20 ·
That's so weird! I haven't used G&G in a couple of months before the owner allegedly died but when I did my hands and feet lightened and my orange nails went away (that usually come from HQ usage). Must be a low dosage but I wish there was a nice natural cream that could be used on the face and body with potent ingredients that wasn't so damn expensive.

#22 ·
I noticed G&G had hydroquinone around 2018, the new batches were terrible. Hydroquinone and it’s natural or synthetic derivatives make me dark after a few days. I don’t know why but I can smell HQ after a few uses. It comes as a strong or faint onion smell when my nose gets used to the product’s fragrance.

#23 ·
like you, HQ darkens me. the batch of G&G that started circulating from 2017 may indeed have HQ because every tub i got darkened me. it's either they stopped producing it and fakes got around or they changed the formula. The original formula did not have HQ.

#36 ·
Lol omg it’s so true it smell like onions I wore g&g for the first time today well last night, but I wore some to work today and my co worker asked me y do I smell like onions if I was eating a gyro Lml I said no it’s cream.. usually it had this strong old lady perfume scent to it but now the lotion does smell like onions so I’m 100% certain there’s hq in it oh well I’m still gonna use it until it’s finished

#43 ·
When I bought my Fair & White exclusive lotion, I bought 2 bottles. One smelled a lot like onion and the other one smelled nice like usual F&W fragrance. The one that had the onion smell darkened me. The other one lightened me. And they both contained hydroquinone. I still have the one with the onion smell. I think that onion smell is a formulated kind of hydroquinone and it darkens people.

#44 ·
What other lotion contains kojic acid since as this one has hq? I know ht26 does but they are fakes every where and I dont think the official site will ship to the US.. does anyone know of a brand that has kojic acid in it or where I can purchase authentic ht26? I plan on adding ka powder to a lotion that already has it listed as ingredient to make it easier to diy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.