DIY Kojic Acid Lotion ( Help !! ) - Page 3

Thread: DIY Kojic Acid Lotion ( Help !! )

Any Good face cream base ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Skinandwhatnot View Post
    This question is for gymrat and everyone else, please help if you can. I’m also considering a DIY kojic acid lotion.

So if I mix

10.0 ml of KA
    4.0 ml of Niacinamide
    6.0 ml of AA
    With a 200 ml lotion bottle that would be enough?

Not heating, no preservatives? Do I need to do a weekly batch or is it ok to do it all at once? It wouldn’t oxidize or lose its potency?

If this is the case you suggest a well known water-based base lotion that I can find in the supermarket/drug store?
    For the body I would recommend Gold Bond for the face Cerave lotion not the cream version but their lotion version. Or Cetaphil lotion.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by Brownmom View Post
    CeraVe lotion or Cetaphil lotion either are good for a base for the face. @Brownmom

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    CeraVe lotion or Cetaphil lotion either are good for a base for the face. @Brownmom
    Thanks dear @gymrat . With my Body Lotion DIY how long do u think will take to Show results

Did you try the face cream of the brand ziajia you got for the body? Seems its a new brand. But as Gymrat said the trusted cetaphil/cera ve will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatey View Post
    Did you try the face cream of the brand ziajia you got for the body? Seems its a new brand. But as Gymrat said the trusted cetaphil/cera ve will do.
    This the lotion ? I use this on my body during the day coz of my dry dry skin , still i need to apply After every 4 hours 🤣 , my skin is so dry!
    So i can add KA and Niacinamide for face cream or i can also add Alpha Arbutin? I have alot of dark spot in my face just hope to clear them fast as possible.

Another thing , my body Mixtur can i use to clear knuckles too? Or because it has Alpha Arbutin will make them more dark?
    I have tried to clear dark knuckles but all invain 😏 and so embarassing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This the lotion ? I use this on my body during the day coz of my dry dry skin , still i need to apply After every 4 hours 🤣 , my skin is so dry!
    So i can add KA and Niacinamide for face cream or i can also add Alpha Arbutin? I have alot of dark spot in my face just hope to clear them fast as possible.

Another thing , my body Mixtur can i use to clear knuckles too? Or because it has Alpha Arbutin will make them more dark?
    Yes that is the cream, although this is the french version i guess. Kojic Acid,Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin are great to use together, just make tiny batches cuz it took me a long time to figure out that my face doesn’t go well with kojic acid, so smaller batches help incase anything goes wrong.

Whenever you apply your creams, always bend your knuckles and take extra time rubbing in enough cream there,your knuckles are not bad at all, you can always try lactic acid or yellow peeling oil,follow instructions and peel off the darker areas.

As for arbutin darkening the knuckles,it doesn’t for me,i see some people say it does, it’s not direct HQ so i see no reason why it should, you need to try it and see what works for you, if in doubt and to be safe then just use Kojic acid and Niacinamide for your body mix and the arbutin for face mixture.

For your overly dry skin, you can add any oils for your skin type to your cream for body ie or glycerin,or immediately after applying your body cream, you can apply the oil over it. I always include oils in my cream mix as i also have dry skin. HTH

Yes that is the cream, although this is the french version i guess. Kojic Acid,Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin are great to use together, just make tiny batches cuz it took me a long time to figure out that my face doesn’t go well with kojic acid, so smaller batches help incase anything goes wrong.

Whenever you apply your creams, always bend your knuckles and take extra time rubbing in enough cream there,your knuckles are not bad at all, you can always try lactic acid or yellow peeling oil,follow instructions and peel off the darker areas.

As for arbutin darkening the knuckles,it doesn’t for me,i see some people say it does, it’s not direct HQ so i see no reason why it should, you need to try it and see what works for you, if in doubt and to be safe then just use Kojic acid and Niacinamide for your body mix and the arbutin for face mixture.

For your overly dry skin, you can add any oils for your skin type to your cream for body ie or glycerin,or immediately after applying your body cream, you can apply the oil over it. I always include oils in my cream mix as i also have dry skin. HTH
    Thanks alot for this infos...i will layer my body lotion with oils. I when and did my face cream , i so excited , ganz wait to try out hoping will clear my dark Spots. Will Post review After 2 Weeks or a month of use.
    I Used diy rose water to disolve the powders , thats why it has that pinkish color.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks alot for this infos...i will layer my body lotion with oils. I when and did my face cream , i so excited , ganz wait to try out hoping will clear my dark Spots. Will Post review After 2 Weeks or a month of use.
    I Used diy rose water to disolve the powders , thats why it has that pinkish color.
    Yaaaaaaay!!!! Keep us posted..

YES! Now mix this into your lotion base and your off and running. The base you have you can use on your face and your body. Be consistent, use every day, there isn't anything in there that will cause you harm. SO many lotions on the market these days have these exact ingredients in them. CeraVe actually has a lotion with Niacinamide I've used it and added more to boost the %. The lotion you have is the french version but is the same as the US version. You will be good to go

As for your dry skin, I would consider using your current mix in the AM and try using LA lotion in the PM. LA lotion is really good for dry skin it helps the skin exfoliate and allow products to penetrate easier but also helps moisture retain. It helps the skin stay soft and supple. Give it a thought. AS for your knuckles, they don't look bad at all, your making progress, and steps in the right direction! I'm so happy for you @Brownmom

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements