DIY Kojic Acid Lotion ( Help !! ) - Page 5

Thread: DIY Kojic Acid Lotion ( Help !! )

Quote Originally Posted by Skinandwhatnot View Post
    Thanks gymrat.

I decided to add a kojic acid lotion to my regime, does anyone know if I can mix Kojic acid powder, nacanmide powder and alpha Arbutin powder with Cetaphil lotion directly without heating, water or preservatives? I’ll make 100 ml weekly.

I’ll also add supplements. here’s what I’m taking: 1000g vitamin c, 600g s-acetyl l-glutathione, a hair supplement (Priorin) and 120g grape seed extract (for blood circulation and health)

I’m scared of mega dosing so what’s a reasonable dose of MSM powder that will make a difference? Should I also take niacinamide powder orally?
    Please go back and read post #5 and #9, all your questions are answered in this thread.

As for the supplements, read what the RDA (recommended dietary allowance) is for each. RDA is the value to be used in guiding healthy individuals to achieve adequate nutrient intake. Each supplement has a RDA. Its a great starting point. Once you start taking a supplement, mark on your calendar and re evaluate 4 weeks later, at that time, if you feel a difference or see a difference, leave it just as it is, or up the intake. If you are ever worried about dosing, etc, ALWAYS follow the RDA guideline. @Skinandwhatnot
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thank you so much gymrat for all the info. I’ll follow the FDA guidelines as you said. Btw I do read all the posts, you’re the best and I learn a lot from you.

Just one last question. I bought a collagen cream by Advanced Clinics from Amazon, just received it today. it has good reviews and I don’t want it to go to waste. I think it’s not water based, so if I wanna mix my powders with it should I first dissolve it in water? How much water for 6ml of AA, 10mp of KA, and 4 ml of niacinamide?

Thanks again.

Link of the cream if anyone’s interested: https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Clin.../dp/B00DI9C986

Link of the cream if anyone’s interested: https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Clin.../dp/B00DI9C986
    I have the retinol version of the same brand that I use all over my body. And tetrinoin for my face and neck. Think the retinol is working because my arms bruise less when it used to bruise up so easily with the thinned skin.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thank you so much gymrat for all the info. I’ll follow the FDA guidelines as you said. Btw I do read all the posts, you’re the best and I learn a lot from you.

Just one last question. I bought a collagen cream by Advanced Clinics from Amazon, just received it today. it has good reviews and I don’t want it to go to waste. I think it’s not water based, so if I wanna mix my powders with it should I first dissolve it in water? How much water for 6ml of AA, 10mp of KA, and 4 ml of niacinamide?

Thanks again.

Just seeing this @Skinandwhatnot next time @mention me and I will see it sooner, I'm sorry! Thank you for the kind words

As for your lotion, look at the very first ingredient listed....its water, so your good to go! Its water based

When I mix the following dissolved powders:
    12.0 ml of KA
    6.0 ml of Niacinamide
    8.0 ml of AA
    In a 200 ml lotion. What are the concentrations?

6% KA, 3% Niacinamide, and 4% AA?
    Am I calculating this wrong?

I made this mix couple of days ago and I think it’s too strong for my face. I really want to know what are the concentrations. Help anyone?

12.0 ml of KA
    6.0 ml of Niacinamide
    8.0 ml of AA
    In a 200 ml lotion. What are the concentrations?

I made this mix couple of days ago and I think it’s too strong for my face. I really want to know what are the concentrations. Help anyone?
    Your total cream volume is 226ml. So it seems like you have:
    5.3% KA
    2.7% niacinamide
    3.5% AA

It should be fine.

Thank you @shallalah ! How is your lotion working so far?

Thank you @shallalah ! How is your lotion working so far?
    No problem! The diy I made was too strong for my face as well because I used it once and it peeled my skin pretty bad. I didnt experience PIH or anything but I laid off on usage on my face. Currently I'm trying to finish it on my body before it gets more yellow. It's peeling my body as well

12.0 ml of KA
    6.0 ml of Niacinamide
    8.0 ml of AA
    In a 200 ml lotion
    . What are the concentrations?

YES! You are correct with the measurements you have above. Remember your mixing this into 200ml of base lotion, that's the total volume.

@Skinandwhatnot

Hmm I've been thinking about whipping up a KA lotion myself...
    G&G is gone and I can't seem to trust anything else atm
    Hello everyone

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements