Please help. Dark cheeks and forehead.

Thread: Please help. Dark cheeks and forehead.

Please help. Dark cheeks and forehead.

Hello,

Is there anyone here with experience with darker skin tones. Almost my whole life I’ve had almost identical dark areas on both sides of my face and my forehead. The skin texture is also rougher with small flesh tone bumps. Does anyone know what this condition is called? I went to a dermatologist once and he prescribed hydroquinone 4% but it didn’t help at all. Like i said I’ve had this almost my whole life so it wasn’t recent. Look at the cheek to ear area how it’s like my ears are a normal color/texture than my cheeks are. Is this keratosis pilaris? Can someone please help me with the following:
    -What is this called?
    -What’s treatment?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@gymrat
    @walto im sorry u have to go thru this.. umm i taged a good experienced member maybe she will be able to give u helpful advises.... ummm maybe it could be melasma ??

have u tried exfoliating the areas? And heal with sheabutter and oils like almond oil or argan oil?

Hi thank you for response. Yes I’ve done multiple face scrubs and manual exfoliations. I’ve tried lactic acid peel once but only for 1-2 weeks as it made my face appear more red. Not sure how to handle this as I’m not sure exactly what it is unfortunately.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

It might be an extra large birthmark...

I don’t think it’s a birthmark because i didn’t have it when i was a child in grade school.

We touched on this same topic awhile ago, I will post it here so you can look back at the advice given. Be consistent and I believe you can make a difference, but you MUST apply sunscreen daily as well.

https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthr...forehead/page2
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by Walt0 View Post
    Hello,

Is there anyone here with experience with darker skin tones. Almost my whole life I’ve had almost identical dark areas on both sides of my face and my forehead. The skin texture is also rougher with small flesh tone bumps. Does anyone know what this condition is called? I went to a dermatologist once and he prescribed hydroquinone 4% but it didn’t help at all. Like i said I’ve had this almost my whole life so it wasn’t recent. Look at the cheek to ear area how it’s like my ears are a normal color/texture than my cheeks are. Is this keratosis pilaris? Can someone please help me with the following:
    -What is this called?
    -What’s treatment?
    It looks a lot like melasma to me. Men can have it too and especially if your non-caucasian. UV radiation can definitely make this worse and in men it's been found to be the main cause of melasma but there is evidence that it may be an imbalance of hormones such as lower testosterone levels and things like that. When did you develop this? If this suddenly appeared after puberty hormonal imbalance might be something to look into? But I'm no doc

@gymrat yes i remember thank you. I use sunscreen everyday and am not in the sun besides walking to and from my car most days. How often and at what times to apply would you recommend a chemical peel? Last time i used it for about a month and didn’t see much improvement.

@walt o you asked for advice with same problem on the forum on 9/1/2017 with lots of tips given. Pls refer to the link Gymrat sent. Sorry you’re still having issues.

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements