Regretting lightening skin - Page 10

Thread: Regretting lightening skin

I regret not keeping up with it!! I was Halle Berry’s skin tone two years ago and then G&G oil wasn’t available anywhere so I took a break. Now I’m right back to nc45 and I’m going mad. I miss it so much. People tell me that I’m “light skin” but I feel dark. When I was light, I got treated better, people were nicer to me. Now that I’m back to being “brown” life sucks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@DelRehBaby

what is your ethnicity? nc45 for an person of afro decent is not dark, more like brown/caramel but I for someone who is Indian I imagine it would be

Quote Originally Posted by shallalah View Post
    This is more of the emotional side of skin lightening. Has anyone regretted ever starting skin lightening? I personally regret it so much. My skin was a nice tan nc30-35 but now my skin is all different colors and tones. The 1st and only long term thing I've used was g&g oil. Now I'm trying so many different things to get my skin back to what it used to be: natural. But stopping all these products doesn't seem to help.

My skin isnt noticeably damaged or anything and I'm not complaining about not having the skin tone of dreams either. I'm just sick of being attached to products that I'll probably be attached to forever if I want to keep the appearance of healthy looking skin. I absolutely regret having lightened my skin in the 1st place.

Does anyone feel the same?
    I think that all of us regret, sometimes, regularly, always... There are lot of traps in the skin lightening journey: hidden composition of products, compositions that devily change, products that don't match with us. After lost huge amount of money, we realise that our virgin complexion wasn't too bad after all, but it is too late.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@PinotNoir I'm colombian and north african. It's golden undertoned and it's actually not considered to be that dark on a spectrum. Being this complexion makes me feel different. I feel like my facial features fit better when I little lighter. I used to be a lighter caramel and people treated me a lot better for some reason. During the summer when I was a little darker than I am now I was considered to be 4.05 in the beauty blender foundation and 380 in Fenty.

Quote Originally Posted by lillyjill View Post
    NC 30 -35b(tanned shade) with just sun protection I’m a NC 25
    Sun screen everyday got me almost back to my natural skin tone.

I got not regrets about removing my permatan. Now my face and body are about the same color. Eating healthier in general also got my skin glowing. No regrets. Now I look so much healthier than I was before. I also lost weight. I was looking at my old photos where my skin was just so dull and just my permatan was just so bad in my school days. Some people that knew me back then aren't happy to see my glow up. They been accusing me of doing something to my skin like bleaching but getting frustrated because I don't look a bleacher. I don't look like I bleached because I didn't take no shortcuts!!! I took the long path to getting my skin tone back on track with exfoliation, peels, Vitamins, healthy eating, losing weight, daily sunscreen and gentle lighteners to even out my skin and that's why I look regular.
    My fave threads: Hidden Content https://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/52625-HOW-I-GOT-MY-KNUCKLES-ON-FLEEK-(pic)

Quote Originally Posted by DelRehBaby View Post
    @PinotNoir I'm colombian and north african. It's golden undertoned and it's actually not considered to be that dark on a spectrum. Being this complexion makes me feel different. I feel like my facial features fit better when I little lighter. I used to be a lighter caramel and people treated me a lot better for some reason. During the summer when I was a little darker than I am now I was considered to be 4.05 in the beauty blender foundation and 380 in Fenty.
    I got to 230 in fenty my life changed everyone accepted me when you’re dark you’re invisible. I was white passing to the point someone didn’t know I was black and said something racist. Old white people were super nice to me it was like an alternate universe. To go everywhere and feel accepted and free. To go to a store and you don’t feel like people are watching/judging you. Best decision I’ve made tbh. It’s sad I wish the world wasn’t like this. But I’ve experienced the high and I can’t go back.

Quote Originally Posted by lightenme View Post
    I got to 230 in fenty my life changed everyone accepted me when you’re dark you’re invisible. I was white passing to the point someone didn’t know I was black and said something racist. Old white people were super nice to me it was like an alternate universe. To go everywhere and feel accepted and free. To go to a store and you don’t feel like people are watching/judging you. Best decision I’ve made tbh. It’s sad I wish the world wasn’t like this. But I’ve experienced the high and I can’t go back.
    @lightenme
    Since you were light skin, no literally white?, did you ever have issues with darker skinned girls, like for example getting favored for being light, causing hostility between you guys or any other experiences with them? And have you ever been accused of being “racist” because of your white skin tone? Apologies for the questions, I just think this is the most interesting topic, ever jumping from dark to light.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaTeddy585 View Post
    @lightenme
    Since you were light skin, no literally white?, did you ever have issues with darker skinned girls, like for example getting favored for being light, causing hostility between you guys or any other experiences with them? And have you ever been accused of being “racist” because of your white skin tone? Apologies for the questions, I just think this is the most interesting topic, ever jumping from dark to light.

i live in a very white area in Minnesota and all my friends except for one are white. I did have someone tell me I had light skin privallge but other than that it was mostly witnessing white people who didn’t know I was black say extremely racist things. Basically they all use the n word when they think one of us isn’t around

Hi babe I hope you are doing okay. I’ve been following your journey for the longest time and I appreciate how honest you’ve been this entire time.

I know that you started lightening again - what products are you using now?

I feel like my skin has peaked, it’s gotten to a point where it can’t go any lighter and it’s frustrating. I’m medium brown - Kerry Washington colour for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRehBaby View Post
    I got to 230 in fenty my life changed everyone accepted me when you’️re dark you’️re invisible. I was white passing to the point someone didn’️t know I was black and said something racist. Old white people were super nice to me it was like an alternate universe. To go everywhere and feel accepted and free. To go to a store and you don’️t feel like people are watching/judging you. Best decision I’️ve made tbh. It’️s sad I wish the world wasn’️t like this. But I’️ve experienced the high and I can’️t go back.
    @lightenme We need to PM. I need you help me get there lol! I can’t do this anymore girl

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements