Skin Care Talk banner

I think I got a fake carotein gel cream, please thoughts

6K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  Soso22 
#1 ·
I ordered this online in Nigeria. I Was happy as the gel cream is hard to find.
i noticed the smell first. A hard chemical smell unlike carotein. Then the color was white. The ones I got in the past are usually slight pinkish. The texture was abit off. Watery and unlike the usual one. The smell the next day has a faint floral scent of rotten roses. I notice this with old/exposed carotein And sure white serums(which usually still work).

I still have a benefit of doubt. It could be the heat of the delivery vans?or something. Or the sunscreen reacting or even batch. But the smell is so strong. Please I’d appreciate any helpful info.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought mine in Germany (original product) and it looks like that as well, just as you described. I don’t think it’s fake. Be careful with it though, it exfoliates heavily and can cause sunburn and thin your skin. It doesn’t lighten at all. I’d say the gel is better if you’re not acne prone

#7 ·
@Blackboy soo this gel only exfoliates and doesent lighten? Have u tried the lightening and fading gel cream? Does that lighten better?
This one she’s asking about is the “fading gel cream” which doesn’t lighten, only exfoliates like Retin a. The toning gel is what lightens and it’s smaller in size. I’ve used both

#10 ·
Here’s my update. The gel cream when exposed to air turned blackish. It’s lightening me with my routine tho. I think this is either a very old or new formula/tube. I’ve used over 10tubes of gel cream that was different from this one that’s why I’m doubting it. Using it with RA.

#11 ·
I’d like to add something. I saw a study where oxidized vitamin c on skin Causes mild tanning because of a new substance it’s converted to.it attaches more to dead skin. I notice my palm tinting using vit c. But my theory is HQ may exhibit the same by attaching and turning dead skin darker. Knees, palms and knuckles are thicker. My skin responded to HQ derivative last week as I consistently exfoliated Using both mild and strong chemical and physical exfoliants. It’s just a theory till I do further research but exfoliating and skin building for a few full skin cycle cell turn overs before adding HQ/it’s derivatives may help. Instead of it working against the skin.

#18 ·
I ordered this online in Nigeria. I Was happy as the gel cream is hard to find.
i noticed the smell first. A hard chemical smell unlike carotein. Then the color was white. The ones I got in the past are usually slight pinkish. The texture was abit off. Watery and unlike the usual one. The smell the next day has a faint floral scent of rotten roses. I notice this with old/exposed carotein And sure white serums(which usually still work).

I still have a benefit of doubt. It could be the heat of the delivery vans?or something. Or the sunscreen reacting or even batch. But the smell is so strong. Please I’️d appreciate any helpful info.
Hello Radiant.
Please where do you get your Carotein lotion from? I’m in Lagos.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.