Skin Care Talk banner

white dots from steriod (hot movate)

10K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
I really messed up my leg and I don't know what to do. I have white dots everywhere on my leg and a big patch thats really light. I used hot movate gel for about 5 days trying to boost my leg because nothing was working. I regret it so much, how can I fix it asap, I was thinking shea butter and RA?

View attachment 65703 View attachment 65705 View attachment 65707

#3 ·
That's some crazy sh!t if it did that to you in 5 days! I use ra and it got rid of the grayness and veins under my eyes when my skin thinned from gg oil. It took about 3 months to see actual results. I dont think you did any major damage with just 5 days of use. So you should be fine just discontinuing the movate and skin building with shea butter.

#6 ·
You should never occlude with RA! That stuff is not meant to be used in large amounts or occluded. It's meant to over slowly over time. What percentage are you using? For now you should just leave that area alone. Dont use RA on it until your skin has healed or atleast the redness has gone down. Just use shea butter and vitamin e on it.

#8 ·
Dont use any harsh soap on ur leg atm nor any lightening cream, just apply shebutter mixed with an oil of ur choice, like argan oil or almond etc.. make sure its 100% pure..

dont worry it will fade after 2-3 weeks.. may look bad but its a small problem.. also they will also fade on their own if u stop the usage of what caused it..

#12 ·
View attachment 65731

6 days with no use and I thought it was getting slightly better but now I think its getting worse,

Ive noticed my leg sweats, no matter what pants I wear which is really strange since Im not hot,

Also the skin there is sore and really tight (probably dry) but it hurts to bend my leg now

going to the doctor tomorrow, really regret using it!!

#14 ·
update;

whiteness from steriod went away but now those parts are like pitch black,

my legs so messed up
@gymrat what should I do from here? I'm thinking dodo and RA and hopefully it'll peel evenly
Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! The other thing I would recommend is getting in the shower get a basic oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil etc, using a little bit of oil, try rubbing that dead skin off. Once your skin is damp and you apply oil and do this in circular motion that dead skin should come off. The tougher part is not removing your hair at the same time......being your a guy.

I do believe with a little bit of effort you should be able to get it removed. Do it every few days until its all removed.

#19 ·
Look, you’re doing more damage to your skin. All these chemicals are only making it worse and that area will develop hyperpigmentation that will last for a looong time. The thing about some of you is that you don’t listen to advice. When things backfire, you return to ask for help. Do as you please, good luck.

#26 ·
I'm thinking of letting my leg rest for about 3-4 weeks, just moisturising and then trying carotein lotion with RA, to even out my leg. Can someone let me know if that will give me a natural brown-orange tone, as dodo and carolight made me yellow, which I don't really like.

And yes, I'm definitely going to stop using dodo

#35 ·
My skins really tough and I thought TCA would exfoliate the area better when people said exfoliate, my bad for keep asking for advice.

Im just going to leave my leg as it is for now and come back on in a few months , hopefully it gets better
Please do, and keep it moisturized/covered, protecting it from the sun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.