Skin Care Talk banner

HELP ME, I don’t know what I’ve done to myself

11K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  Goldencream 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I got PIH using lactic acid peel on my knuckles a while back, a friend of mine told me piment deux will clear it up so I tried it, I used it for a little over a week and it started peeling but it was super slow so I got scared some parts may peel and some may not end up peeling
So I used a 15% lactic acid lotion but there was no difference and then last night she told me to use fashion fair cream as it speeds up the peeling process whenever she uses Retin A. I applied it and woke up with my hands looking like it’s been soaking in water for a week, it hurts so bad I can’t even make a fist, I’m so scared it’s going to be worse than before, I’ve cried a lot and I’m scared I’ll get depressed
Please help me

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Hun, please take it easy, most of us have been there with our skins with varying degrees of issues but time/patience is a great healer.

If your still in pain are you able to get hold of neosporin ointment to apply to the areas?

If the pain has subsided are you able to get hold of Avene Cicalfate+ Repairing Cream it comes in a white tube .

When the skin heals and no longer hurts you will need to deeply moisturise it (coconut butter, almond oil, Shea butter etc) throughout the day and practice soaking it in warm water with sea salt it may peel.

Also apply spf even whilst your indoors.

As from 14-28 days time whatever hasn’t improved (if you definitely have hyperpigmentation) you can try fade creams. You can pm me if you want, I’m hoping others will chime in with valuable advice. Please don’t cry over it, at least you don’t have to go anywhere with it for now so you have time to baby your skin to health.

#5 · (Edited)
For now take 7 days to just moisturise your hands. Shea butter, cocoa butter lotion, vaseline, aveeno, healing ointments, will be your friend.

Then:

Never overexfoliate hands. Do not use lactic peels, just use piment doux serum then after 5 minutes layer dodo cream jar, wear latex gloves at night. Then use sunscreen and cetaphil lotion or cocoa butter in morning. Do this 5 nights in row.

Take 2 days off to use almond oil shea butter. Use dove body wash cream it's gentle. Do not use fashion fair cream again on your hands. Use gloves when washing dishes, or cleaning, don't shower with too hot water. Try these tips first. It will make a major improvement. If you need anything just send me a message.

#10 ·
I’m sorry but this advice is dangerous. Especially the part about using Dodo cream and latex gloves. Dodo is in the same bracket as Fashion fair that caused the damage in the first place. Dodo will also mess up her knuckles. Besides, her skin needs oxygen to help it heal completely, which latex gloves prevents.

#7 ·
Hello everyone, I got PIH using lactic acid peel on my knuckles a while back, a friend of mine told me piment deux will clear it up so I tried it, I used it for a little over a week and it started peeling but it was super slow so I got scared some parts may peel and some may not end up peeling
So I used a 15% lactic acid lotion but there was no difference and then last night she told me to use fashion fair cream as it speeds up the peeling process whenever she uses Retin A. I applied it and woke up with my hands looking like it’s been soaking in water for a week, it hurts so bad I can’t even make a fist, I’m so scared it’s going to be worse than before, I’ve cried a lot and I’m scared I’ll get depressed
Please help me
For now take 7 days to just moisturise your hands. Shea butter, cocoa butter lotion, vaseline, aveeno, healing ointments, will be your friend.

Then:

Never overexfoliate hands. Do not use lactic peels, just use piment doux serum then after 5 minutes layer dodo cream jar, wear latex gloves at night. Then use sunscreen and cetaphil lotion or cocoa butter in morning. Do this 5 nights in row.

Take 2 days off to use almond oil shea butter. Use dove body wash cream it's gentle. Do not use fashion fair cream again on your hands. Use gloves when washing dishes, or cleaning, don't shower with too hot water. Try these tips first. It will make a major improvement. If you need anything just send me a message.
Thank you so much, I’ll continue To moisturize for 7 days and show you what it looks like then

#13 ·
Also buy a healing ointment .. and use before goin to sleep
Agreed :thumbsup: get yourself a tube of neosporin and apply all day everyday, stop everything else!! You need nothing but an antibiotic ointment, apply apply apply, things will get better I promise. But apply it as often as you think too, this will be the only thing you should use for several weeks.

#9 ·
Please don’t use Vaseline. It will trap heat inside the skin and cause fluid to build up inside. Very bad idea. There are specific creams for burns, you can ask at your local pharmacy. The skin will eventually heal itself as new skin begins to grow under. The only bad news is that, that area is going to have a scar and stay black for a long time, regardless of what you use.
Don’t even get tempted to use Retin-A or any acids and bleaching creams. You’ll only make it worse. Use a burn cream, cover that area with a bandage and leave it to heal. Then you can introduce a lightening cream after it is completely healed.

#12 · (Edited)
Please don’️t use Vaseline. It will trap heat inside the skin and cause fluid to build up inside. Very bad idea. There are specific creams for burns, you can ask at your local pharmacy. The skin will eventually heal itself as new skin begins to grow under. The only bad news is that, that area is going to have a scar and stay black for a long time, regardless of what you use.
Don’️t even get tempted to use Retin-A or any acids and bleaching creams. You’️ll only make it worse. Use a burn cream, cover that area with a bandage and leave it to heal. Then you can introduce a lightening cream after it is completely healed.
Oh okay, thank you
What about the sea salt soak, can I do that to get the skin to peel, there’s a dry layer of skin over it and it has started to peel

Attachments

#25 ·
Thanks to everyone that commented, I followed everyone’s advice and this is what my hand looks like now
I know it’s not perfect but it’s a lot better than it was when the incident happened View attachment 66101
So happy you are seeing progress, keep doing what your doing and be sure your avoid any sunlight :heart:

#23 ·
I always tell people stay away from Retin A. I hate that product! It truly destroys peoples skin.

#31 ·
I usually stop using it and come back to it with no issues at all. My skin has never really reacted to Retin a in a bad way. Maybe because I have really smooth facial skin with no issues .
What % are you using? @Goldencream? I typically don't have any issues with RA either and I've been using it for years......I use .04% Micro version if I bumped up to .1% I will get some serious flaking going on, not all the time, but every now and again.

Do you use peels at all??

#32 ·
What % are you using? @Goldencream? I typically don't have any issues with RA either and I've been using it for years......I use .04% Micro version if I bumped up to .1% I will get some serious flaking going on, not all the time, but every now and again.

Do you use peels at all??
@gymrat I've been using .1% for long. Maybe I'll see the benefits when I get older

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.